What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dufus- No need to be critical. Enjoy! Contribute something positive and help someone out! Deserves a negative rep. Sorry brother! Just Be Kind. That's the only rule!

Girl Scout Cookies hybrids! Sounds like a good idea. Whats that strain like?

Careful with that pollen now that the plants are further along in flower. Don't go out there with pollen on a windy day! I guess you're down in the hollar, don't have as much wind there.

Makes sense there's a high insect population now with he jungle weather you've been having! Glad slugs have never been an issue for me. I've been to the mountains in August. Its a beautiful time to be there!

Here's what I use for following the weather, the climate prediction center. Check the different maps every day as they refresh, and you begin to get a pretty reliable weather picture. https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/

I go to the national weather service and read the forecast discussion and look at the hourly forecast. I pretty much never use local news to get the weather forecast. Not enough information. https://nws.noaa.gov/

Quantitative precipitation maps:

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/pqpf/conus_hpc_pqpf.php

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/qpf2.shtml

Cocorahs- community collaborative rain hail and snow-- people in the community relay information from their weather stations across the country. https://cocorahs.org/

6940snail.jpg

Fern growing in a tree in the smokey mountains

6940moss_tree_mountains.jpg

Bananna slug

6940slug1.jpg

6940slug2.jpg

6940slug3.jpg

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well friend to be honest it's my first go with the SP GSC.....but I'm running a bunch of Panikz RealGorilla strains and I really like them. There's several strains I'm really impressed with. The Kore...think it's Amnesia cut x SSH, man it's a massive plant. Also his Dosidos, Purkle, And about everything that survived the big rain that blow over my tarps and collapsed another cover/tarp structure I had them under as seedlings. But the GSC is a nice lil male and I've not made any crosses since I grew indoors. So I'm basically doing a ultra small pollen chucking on ???? I'm not really sure yet. I might hit my Cristal Limit or something else. I'll figure something out. Yea you gotta be careful with pollen.....yrs ago probably 2000ish I had my inline fans on and dusted a entire BB grew on accident. Just basically having a bit of fun....just to kinda have something to test out next year.

You have some great pics....I hate those damn snails. They will eat the leafs down to the spine. I've battled them with beer and now snail/slug bait.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yes it's a leafhopper. We have same bug in mass I find on my plants frequently.

Yes it's a leafhopper as I'm sure Pipeline knows. There's some very hi resolution pics he takes and glad he shares with us. I'm in a big battle with snails myself. I'm about to get em all lol.....damn things:tiphat:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Yep, that's a leafhopper. Usually for me that aren't in great numbers and I pick them off by hand. Jacks Dead Bug Brew will also do the trick. They tend to chew up the leaves a bit but don't do any real serious damage like slugs or spider mites. I also grow venus flytraps and their nymphs love to chew those up. Never had a problem with nymphs on mj before though.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yep, that's a leafhopper. Usually for me that aren't in great numbers and I pick them off by hand. Jacks Dead Bug Brew will also do the trick. They tend to chew up the leaves a bit but don't do any real serious damage like slugs or spider mites. I also grow venus flytraps and their nymphs love to chew those up. Never had a problem with nymphs on mj before though.

I take it your not talking about snails 🐌......lol. The ones I've had will eat the leafs off down to the veins. I know those leafhoppers don't really bother my plants. I'll see a few here and there but not really that bad. But I've kept beer around the bottom and now I started putting out snail/slug bait. But we've had very bad rain almost daily and the snails seem worse in wet weather. We had a dry week and I didn't notice them much and let my guard down. Then a wet pattern come in and snails everywhere. I'm also around alot of hollers that's Rocky and water comes out....so it's a place they thrive obviously.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a few pics KC Brain Cristal Limit

Attachments

• IMG_20180823_192302.jpg
    IMG_20180823_192302.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180823_192608.jpg
    IMG_20180823_192608.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20180823_192057.jpg
    IMG_20180823_192057.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20180823_192239.jpg
    IMG_20180823_192239.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 9

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its alright, Dufus, seem like no harm was meant. I just like to illustrate what we're talking about and share my pics. Yep its a leaf hopper.

Thanks WVkindbud! I've been blessed to be able to capture some neat views! Have to have the camera with you and take pictures to get em. I need to get in the habbit again. I'll try and get some new views of the garden this weekend. :smoke:

Looking forward to your little project! That's the fun stuff! :smoke:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Its alright, Dufus, seem like no harm was meant. I just like to illustrate what we're talking about and share my pics. Yep its a leaf hopper.

Thanks WVkindbud! I've been blessed to be able to capture some neat views! Have to have the camera with you and take pictures to get em. I need to get in the habbit again. I'll try and get some new views of the garden this weekend. :smoke:

T

Looking forward to your little project! That's the fun stuff! :smoke:

Those pics of the Smokies are beautiful....kinda an Erie feel. Yes there extremely beautiful and kinda spooky Erie. But great pics man, you really caught the perfect shot. That's a great camera 📷 you got....and eye for perfect pics!!! Alot of professional shots if you ask me

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a couple of Seedsman Jack Here. These ladies suck up the nutes. I turned the wick up a little on them today's feeding. I've got BB and WW from Seedsman also and really like them. I'll definitely get another pack of these Jack's

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You get a taste of something really special out in the smokies. Those mountains are very old compared to the rockeys! There are plants, animals, and fungi there from 1000 miles north and south because of all the different types of microclimates in the mountains!

My camera is a Cannon powershot I think.

Garden's looking great! Plants are super lush. That dry sunny week got you caught up didn't it! Looks like a good yield! Thanks for sharing! Snails have never been an issue for me thankfully! :smoke:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well shit this new phone/cam try again
Jack Here Seedsman fem

Attachments

• IMG_20180823_192000.jpg
    IMG_20180823_192000.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180823_192042.jpg
    IMG_20180823_192042.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 10

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
They love these Jack's???? Damn near ate the one in the yellow bucket up. It's almost ate every leaf on her off. But it's recovered ok....I've pruned around the bottoms and still might snip a few branches on the lowest bottom.

Well it helps to get a dry spell. All the rain flushes these plants to death. I'm having to constantly feed everything. Even some guerilla plants I put oscomote SR fert in the holes I'm having to keep feeding....to keep them from yellowing. It's definitely gonna be a good test to see how all these different strains hold up against mold. If they do ok here they can anywere

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Easier to carry fertilizer and top dress than carry water, my friend! Be thankful its not a drought!

I guess you're talking about snails eating the Jack Herrer? That sucks. I think you can put a ring from the aluminum can around the stem so its harder for them to climb up the plant. Esbe used to do that.

Rain and clouds don't grow plants, they need SUN! Thats when you see them really smile!

I saw we have hot moist conditions over the next couple weeks, then it will shift cooler than average and have equal chances for precipitation. Really hoping for a dry september! Want to see that seed ripen fully!

God thank you for this amazing, perfect creation and for giving us the chance to at least begin to understand what goes on here! I ask that our cannabis gardens be blessed! I pray Lord right now for special protection for us and our plants. Thank you for the medicine, I ask that it help to heal us and make us better servants for your perfect creation. Thank you for the inspiration and hope the cannabis brings. I pray that we be made stronger so we can continue to carry out Your will. In Jesus name I pray. Thank you God! Amen.

6940mex_blanketflower_bee_butterfly2.jpg

6940mex_blanketflower_bee_butterfly3.jpg

Deep chunk Male 2009- I could buy some deep chunk and cross back to it next year to stabilize the line. Hmmm have to think about it and ask OG Bub.

6940deep_chunk_transmit_8_3.jpg

Chunky Mix 2008 seed

6940chunky_micks_macro.jpg

A few years ago, we had some starts behind the barn. Everything was cool; super stealth. One day a friend's trailer was parked in the roll up door bay and someone attempted to steal it. The roll up door was down just slightly so with the loud noise and damage to the trailer they unhitched and ran. Well the sheriff gets called and the bay where they are filing the report is on the other side of the wall from the grow. God was watching over us! Trust in God!

6940pallet_6_24_2.jpg

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I take it your not talking about snails 🐌......lol. The ones I've had will eat the leafs off down to the veins. I know those leafhoppers don't really bother my plants. I'll see a few here and there but not really that bad. But I've kept beer around the bottom and now I started putting out snail/slug bait. But we've had very bad rain almost daily and the snails seem worse in wet weather. We had a dry week and I didn't notice them much and let my guard down. Then a wet pattern come in and snails everywhere. I'm also around alot of hollers that's Rocky and water comes out....so it's a place they thrive obviously.

I've seen snails at where I grow but they never seemed to show any interest in my plants, but they are pretty much just a slug with a shell lol. Some are actually quite pretty and have different colors in the spiral of their shell. Slugs on the other hand are attracted to my plants like flies on shit. I put slug bait around the base of my plants to keep the bastards from going to town on them. Seems to work well, they just eat that instead and just crawl off and die. But yeah, whenever it rains is when they tend to come out.

It also helps to keep grass cleared around and under the plants. Jumping spiders and daddy long legs love this little area of open ground cause they can easily hunt and run down their prey, the bugs that eat your plants. I even saw a daddy long legs holding onto a small slug one time, had no clue they would touch those. Lots of spiders where my plants are. They seem to keep the pests in the area in check.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea those Jack's the snails love. I've kept beer around the bottoms but the rain overfills the cups. I've got this snail bait now I'm hoping it'll be ok.

About the rain....it'll be be 90s not a cloud in the sky and 30 min later it'll start HEAVY Downpours for 15-1hr. Then it'll clear back up blazing hot sun. So I've not really had many just cloudy all day long type days. But it is what it is at this point, just gotta try to make the best of it now. God bless you friend!!!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I saw leaf kind of rolled up and was wondering what it was a few days ago. When I saw it was a spider, I left it alone! God provides what you need!

Thanks WVkindbud! Thats right, you said that before! Well that sure gets things jump started. Growing at double speed! :smoke: