What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will this become a defficency?

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
I started to notice this on a couple of my seedlin's. There about 1mo old from seed, soiless mix (1:1:1 Perlite:promix:WormCs) Ive given em a feeding of Liquid Karma and EN/EA, and a feeding of Pure Blend.

Its a slight yellowing from the inside out.

i gave away my grow book (had a deffiency pictorial in it) to help start a friend growin. im a lil' rusty and figured yall could help me out.

my guess is slight MG defficency, am i right?

Thanks

G

If it's not a PH problem then that would be my guess.

Little epsom salt should do it, be sure to check PH after the epsom because it can lower PH alot.. :joint:

wikidcalibudgrl

yup,, looks like mg def. hope she recovers well for ya,, not too serious, so she should be fine, you caught it early:wink:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Yup. Thing is, the day before i started noticing it, i gave em a full str dose of Cal-Mag. The soil is still wet, we'll see if they shape up.

G

Hey bartender, if the mag doesn't work, you just might have the very beginning of an iron deficiency. Watch the veins, if you notice they stay dark while the leaf pales (intervenal chlorosis) you'll be wanting to give them some chelated iron supplements. I find that in my own soil grows the iron and mag deficiencies are the ones that pop up most often. From the look of the leaves my first guess is iron and not magnesium.

:wave:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Thanks Blue for the input.

Hmm... any idea what kind of nutes have iron? Is iron considered a "Micro-Nute". I ran out of my Micro-Nutes last run, never got around to pickin up a new bottle.

I think i have some Seaweed with Iron added... ill have double check.

thanks everyone

G

yeah bartender, its a micro-nutrient. I buy pure chelated iron here, by Baygon....I'm sure they have it over your ways...in any case it won't hurt to give her some, it does no harm added with mag. Seaweed is excellent, what I use myself, and its usually enriched with micro-nutes :wink: That plant is protesting 'cause you haven't gotten around to pickin' up her Micro-nute fix yet LOL :D

Leaves that show mag deficiencies pale evenly...that leaf in the pic is paling in splotches between the veins :wink:

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
something to keep in mind...

something to keep in mind...

If your useing hard water with a lot of cal. in it already and you give it cal mag or cal mag plus (iron from botanicare) they could be getting to much cal. causeing it to lockout the mag. These three elements are touchy sometimes with hardwater and if you get to much of one you can easily lockout the others. I'm not sure if that's the case here but it has happened to me. I stopped useing cal-mag plus because of this.... good luck and stay safe

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Thanks B.C.

Yup, ive heard that hard water already contains alot of Cal and Mg.

Recently ive been watering them with bottle water untill my reverse osmosis filter arrives... i mightve watered them with hard water a few times tho.. lol my stoner memory is shot

Latest posts

Latest posts