What's new

Any Chance?

Kindbudd_420

Hey everyone,

Well today was not such a good day in the veg area. I was raising my flourecent (sp) light and I dropped it right on to my 3 ft beaty skunk #1. Her main stem broke in 3 different places. :frown: I got her to stand back up by putting a couple splints on the spots where she broke. She is still in pretty bad shape. Just wondering if you guys think there is any chance she will come thru? Thanks for any input!

KB

G

If there are sides branches even small ones you can cut the plant just under the lowest break... it should reveg and be fine.... use the parts you cut off for clones.

P

PFCruz

Git-er-done option No. 1

Git-er-done option No. 1

Hey there Kindbudd_420, When S___ happens on my plants and I break some bitches , I take a piece of " DUCT TAPE " 6 INCHES long put the break on the tape a few inches in and fold the tape over the break, like a big broken stem sandwich. Usually heals in 2-3 days ,or it dies and the plant lives on. Good luck. :joint:

dHazed

Give them some TLC. Support it where its broken and it probably will come through. These plants are incredibly resilient and can take an insane amount of abuse. You should be concerned however and be very nice to them the next week or so. Be careful not to secure the splints to tight as this can stop nutrient/H2O flow thru the plant and will hinder/prevent any recovery.

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
I break my plants on purpose... they always come around on their own, no support from me... plants where here before us and they will be here after us too...

GrowDoc

Kindbudd_420

Thanks everyone for the replies, I think I am going to let them sit and see if they come around in a couple of days. Growdoc, your saying if a plant breaks just leave it under the light and it should come around? That is pretty interesting if I am understanding you right.

wikidcalibudgrl

yup,, i think thats what he's sayin Kindbudd :wink:
I was recently pullin over my tallest nycd to get it away from the light a bit,, pulled it over a bit fast, heard a snap :yoinks: :eek: and the stem kinda slumped over to the side ( about 8 " down from the top) ,,at a good 70degree angle,,,,i was like "~Well, that worked, i guess~":chin: ,,I let it alone, put no supports under it and the next morning the top was already turned up towwards the light, and by the next it was healed well and stiff in that position! I used a string, tied to the edge of the tbl, to finish pullin it to the side a bit,,,, and it's been rockin ever since! :wink: Got a good 3" tall/half dollar size ( around) cola at about 25 days or so in 12/12

dHazed

I'm sure you can do it without support depending on the degree of "injury" but canna said he/she broke the plant in 3 places on the same stem. Don't you non-support heads think that some support might be advised if its done in more then one place on the same shoot? edit- I use pipe cleaners when needed.