What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Safe way to lower P.H?

kind_budd420

Hey everyone,
Just want to say thanks to everyone that has provided so much great info on this site. I am currently growing 4 skunk #1 plants in soil. My P.H is sitting around 7.0 and I would like to bring it down a little. Does anyone know of any good ways to do this without hurting my girls?

Thanks, KB

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Natural white vinegar is cheap and easy to get every where... just use 5-7ml per 10 liter bucket...

Growdoc

full time daddy
Veteran
ph down.... from your good ol hydro store.......... 19.99 a gal

or you could all so add a few fert's that all ways lowers it a lil...... just make sure ya dont burn them if ya do that..... ;)

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
PH down is chemical and works fine.... but if you grow organic then go for the Natural white vinegar...

just my 2 cents...

Growdoc

G

hmmmm
I kinda been using PH Down & UP..And am growing organic.. SHITE..
How bad will this fock shit up? If at all.. And should i stop? and start using
vinegar too? peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
updated 1 flowering plant LQQK!!

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

jahseeds

organic ph up is hydrated lime, organic ph down is white distilled vinegar. one tablespoon per gallon of water should bring the ph down one full point. hope this helps.

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
fieldofdreams said:
Hey growdoc, What is a ogranic ph up? Peace...

Plain water/rain water

Organic soil should flux in PH from 5.8-7.2 as it does in nature...

Growdoc

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
sackoweed said:
hmmmm
I kinda been using PH Down & UP..And am growing organic.. SHITE..
How bad will this fock shit up? If at all.. And should i stop? and start using
vinegar too? peace..

updated 1 flowering plant LQQK!!

Hey mate thats up to you... your the only one who can make that call

GrowDoc

G

the soil stays around a pH of 7 - when we feed @ a pH of 6 / as the water dry's from botton to top - when it reaches the top = it has slowly given the pH drift we need / moving from a pH of 6 to a pH of 7 again

IMHO do not go up/down - find a feed level they like & stay with it - 5.8-6.2 is where I would look to find a base.

I will aslo tell you; that not every plant reacts the same way to dif pH levels = ie. a pH that works great for one strain - MAY not be the best pH for the next

ted

my ph was too high (7.2) and I used some lemonjuice.

As it was the first time i tried this, I was a bit (too?) carefull: I used one lemon in one liter (1/3 gallon) for three plants....PH didnt go down though...

duh... shitty method or wrong volume?

G

Im using citric acid. It can be used for soil and hydro.
And very lil needs to be used. 1/8 of a tsp will lower ph of 5 gallons of a 300 ppm solution.. And for uping my PH i use EJ's Natural Up, Ph Adjusting crystals. I was using
the PH up/down chemical. And dccided to switch yo above said.. Hope it helps..
I am in soil.. peace..

Baby nugsz now here LQQK see... Now in 12/12
Sack's Bubbledust Outdoor Grow

G

I've been using key lime juice. It seems to work well and it smells great! I don't think the limes will affect aroma but my bagseed plants do seem to have a pleasant citrusy smell so who knows... :confused: :yummy: In the past I tried to grow out a bunch of key lime seeds cause I love the fruit but never had success. The other day I noticed a sprouted lime seed in one of my pot plant pots; transplanted it and now its growing. :smile:

My tap water is 7.8 and I bring it down to 6.2 and I tested the run off and it dropped to 3.1 :yoinks: whats happening ? I test the ph after putting ferts in and it looks good The girls look fine should Ijust use straight tap water next feeding without lowering the ph :confused: or should I add some lime to the soil ??

G

Silvercloud the run off is what you want to test of course. Did you add any ferts to the soil prior to planting. Ferts in the soil will cause the PH to drop.

Bigmo they are in promix /worm castings im in week 3 of 12/12 and using pure blend bloom .I am going to try to recalibrate my ph/pen oh the soil mix also has about 35% of perlite added .

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
The soil is potent with nutes, the more you water the more the nutes are activated, up to a point of course...

adding lime will help to work as a buffer for the PH...

Growdoc

Thanks bigmo/Growdoc. One more question about lime is hydrated lime the white powdery stuff or the granular form which do I need ? :chin:

Latest posts

Latest posts