What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

shrooms are taking over!!

G

Sorry for the blurry pic..youd think I could take a better picture with a 7.2 mp camera. Back to the manual.

Has anybody ever encountered mushrooms sprouting in their soil? I tried out Wal-Mart's "Expert" soil mix for the first time...as per BOG's recommendation from another thread. After I transplanted from my usual Black Gold seedling mix to this soil, shrooms started popping up all over the pot. Everyday I pull out atleast 20 caps from the 9 NLxHaze I have going.

Does anyone know if this is a potential threat? These guys thrive like the weeds in my front yard

Brownpants

Hey Mythical Grower, :wave:

I do not believe mushrooms compete directly with plants for nutrients, in fact many species of fungi (mycorhizae) are beneficial to plants by breaking down complex organics to more simplified nutrients that the plants can then use. Fungi thrive in moist environments, less watering and letting your pots dry out more will help control the fungi. Also, the mushrooms you see, are just the fruiting bodies and spores, the mycelium is throughout the soil.

If the mushrooms have a purple/blue colour you can send them to me, I know what to do with those ones. :wink:

-Peace-

G

mushrooms also supply CO2, so it can be a good thing. I would also like some if they have blu/purple caps...LOL

KYHomeGrown

holy shit!! i used expert soil mix too from walmart, and i have been pullin mushrooms out my mix for the past few weeks too

G

You may have to much humidity - let your soil dry out in between watering

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Spores and buds dont mix... the only way a spore can live is moisture, dry your soil out, only water directly around the plants until balance is brought back...

Growdoc

G

Thanks Growdoc they seem to have slowed down now that the soil has been drying out..my humidity sucks right now 32% for vegging, no matter what I do it wont go up. Thanks for the help!!!

issack

Veteran
WOW...you had a forest of caps there man...
Devilock....nice shrooms. i used to grow them..i grew sooooooooo much i could'nt get rid of them...it got out of control...I have a killer small system i made ....cheap. that spits out pounds let me know if you'd like the plans..

B

BuzzBoy

issack said:
WOW...you had a forest of caps there man...
Devilock....nice shrooms. i used to grow them..i grew sooooooooo much i could'nt get rid of them...it got out of control...I have a killer small system i made ....cheap. that spits out pounds let me know if you'd like the plans..

^^ i would love the plans :joint: :wave: :chin:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Question for you shroom guys about the use/effects you get from the ones shown. They are great looking by the way. We could just use the caps on the ones we collected from pastures in my youth. Had a purple ring around the stem and tasted absolutly awful no matter how you fixed it.
Can you use the whole stem, which by looking a them it seems like you could.?
What type of high/effect do you get?
Sorry to ask such newbie type questions just curious, thanks

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
First your gonna need a big bottle of salad dressing...then..

Does that Wal-mart soil contain mushroom compost?..just wondering.. :chin:

Latest posts

Latest posts