What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensitive Blue Mystic Pheno?

Brownpants

High all, :wave:

I grew out some Nirvana Blue Mystic a few months ago, which resulted in two phenos; one is Blueberry smelling/tasting :yummy: and the other is a skunky/pinesol tasting one.

I am having problems with the blueberry pheno, not the skunk pheno, even though they are sharing the same organic soil/conditions.

Here are some pics.

The older leaves start to develope very small white dots uniformly over the leaves...the dots grow and turn orange/rusty...Then leaves start yellowing. I thought it was soil related, but the mom is in a chemical fertilized soil in a veg cabinet and is showing the same problems. PH is 6.0 to 6.5. 3 weeks into flowering.

I am thinking it is either a plant disease? or the pheno is unhealthy/weak genetics? could this be mold? Strange that it only effects clones from the one pheno?

Suggestions welcome :listen2:

wickyd

I have heard that the blueberry phenotype of anything in the cross is real sensitive, I'd start with a ph controlled flush, and then maybe easier on the nutes, the other plants look really dark green and healthy, so I'd give the blueberry a bit less .....

dunno though,
good luck!

G

I also have read that blueberry is a picky bi0tch.. Look for "DeZer Tomb"thread on blueberry grow. I think he went thru some nute stuff with them. And them got them dialed in.. I think it was blueberry x shiva skunk.. not 100% sure.. hope this helps..
peace..

click
Sack's First Outdoor Grow
Our grow has adopted some new family members.. LQQK!!

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

Brownpants

Thanks for the replies guys... :smile:

I am going to try foliar feeding some dolomite lime to give them some Ca and also flushing with some dolomite lime to correct any PH problems.
I am thinking there might be some PH lockout going on...Strange that it is only happening to the blueberry phenos :chin: The skunk phenos are in the exact same soil...I repotted them all together with the same batch of organic soil.

I guess this blueberry pheno is really sensitive. :yoinks:

Thanks for the help.

Brownpants

I am still uncertain about the cause of the problem. :chin:

My organic soil consists of approximately 1/2 promix, 1/4 perlite and 1/4 worm castings. With bone, blood and kelp meal and some dolomite lime mixed in. I use water from my freshwater fishtank (PH 7.5) and sometimes RO/DI water. I water when top 3-4 inches of soil is dry to touch. Lighting is 1000w HPS. They are in 6 gallon pots. I haven't added any fertilizers to the waterings.

I don't know what I am doing wrong? :1help:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Brownpants :wave:

Have you checked pH and TDS on the runoff? Maybe check soil pH too. I had problems using water higher than pH 6.5 with my soil mix.

:2cents:

Brownpants

Hi Greenjeans....The PH was around 6.4 to 6.5 last I checked (last week), but haven't checked since I added some dolomite lime with the last watering, I am waiting for the soil to dry out more before I water again. I don't have a TDS meter....I check the PPM of the runoff by taste :nono:

Hi Growdoc....I haven't heard about extra Ca during flowering before. :chin: I thought the bone meal, kelp meal and dolomite lime in the soil would provide enough calcium. Should I add a teaspoon or two of dolomite lime per gallon every watering?

I have noticed some improvement (I think) since I watered with lime last time.

Here are some fresh pics:

Thanks again for the :1help:

Rellikbuzz

Hey Brownpants - My last grow of Blue Thunder (which has Blueberry in it) had the same problems. Bigger, lower fan leaves mostly affected with yellowing and rust colored spots. It was diagnosed by several fine growers on here and with Advanced Nutrients as a magnesium deficiency. I have remedied this with periodic waterings with a 1/4-1/2 teaspoon per gallon of Epsom Salts. Very cheap and available at all drug stores. It seems to have really all but eliminated the issue. Might wanna try this since you haven't supplemented any feedings.

The plants could also probably use a bit of N as well. Should help with the yellowing but the mag is most likely your fix. Advanced Nutrients says that cannabis plants are magnesium HOGS and really need to be supplemented. Especially when the plants go into flower.

Brownpants

Hey Rellikbuzz. :wave: I think I will add some epsom salts to my next watering...Thanks for the info.

Growdoc - I have some calcium hydroxide hanging around, I will add some next watering, it's water soluble and should provide a quick source of Ca. I just have to watch the PH carefully with this stuff.

Thanks for the :1help:

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Anytime... just remeber to do these 2 things seperate, DONT MIX THEM TOGETHER!!!

Growdoc

Last edited:

Brownpants

It has been a couple weeks now...I tried the epsom salts and Ca waterings...The leaves that were damaged did not improve, but there were no problems observed with the new growth. I don't know what the source of the problem was. But, I suspect it was PH related...because the soil mix contained sources of Mg and Ca. The PH is holding steady at 6.5

Here are some pics.