What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wind Burn?

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
I know this might be far-fetched, but i notice in my room that some of my plants that take the brunt of my occilating fans get "burnt" leaves. They start dry out and fall off. The plant's dont seem to bothered by it, except for the leaves that fall off. I lose maybe a leaf every 4 to 6 days but they keep growing. I have my fans to the lowest setting possible. My question is could this be wind burn or a nute deficiency? :confused:

G

Yeah, constant wind will stress a leaf out and cause it to shrivel and die in my experience. Looks a lot like a leaf that got to close to a fluoro tube for too long, it just has all the moisture sucked out of it.

I wonder why? Something to do with the stomata I bet.....

G

Yes it has happend to me also.. And i always wondered what it was..
chapped lips good analogy.. peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
Newest pics of our grow as soon as the site is fixed.

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
probably too close

probably too close

as was mentioned.I have had them make it through tropical storms with 50 plus MPH winds.Once it gets to 70 for any lenth of time they will be beyond repair with burn.They look fair the day after but the next day all leaves will wither and fall off!
Take care fellas...............CC

G

Baffle the air flow using what is handy. I use clean pots on top of a milk crate or a v shaped white poster board pointing towards the fan duct taped to a milk crate. I had the same problem with the pole type oscillators and switched to 2 smaller floor models. The wind created should rustle the leaves not make them Whip or Invert.

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Get that fan off the plants, the point with a fan is to move heat not whip plants about...

You need to move the heat that builds up between the plant tops and the bulb...

Growdoc

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Ok I took the fan out and replaced it with something smaller with more of an angle on the oscillation. The one I had in there was a tower fan. I was trying something different, and I found out it doesn't work. :biglaugh:

Thanks for the replies everyone. :wave:

R

Ronley

Being on the 9th floor of a building and facing west- and the sea,- this senario can get quite windy during the winter.

My plants got very blown about and 'burnt'. So I started to bring them in at night and during the really rainy windy days. Never the less I still got a fantastic winter crop.

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Ronley said:
Being on the 9th floor of a building and facing west- and the sea,- this senario can get quite windy during the winter.

My plants got very blown about and 'burnt'. So I started to bring them in at night and during the really rainy windy days. Never the less I still got a fantastic winter crop.

A little love goes a long way...

Growdoc