What's new

SUN was to damn hot today!! plant is wilted and looks a lil bit burnt.. Help

G

High Icers
Today where i am at it was flocking HOT.. And my lil already been sick
from nute burn.. Bubblicious, Looks all sick and wilted again.. What should i do besides getting her out of the direct sunlight? Man if i only had my camera.
Its on loan to friend for a camping trip till sunday night.. Help if you can suggestions would be very much welcomed.. peace..

Also what should i do on days like this where its just crazy hot?

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Make a shade card.... use a stick and a piece of cardboard and place on the sunnyside of plant to give as much shade as possible throughout the hottest part of day

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
Black pots fry in the sun, your gonna want to protect the roots and the plant should be fine....

R

Ronley

Water sufficiently and the plant should be fine. You might even need to water in the morning and then again in the eve. But make sure that the soil does not get too dry.

G

Growdoc
That is exactly what i have black pots.. Hmmm how would clay pots work..
flockers would be heavy to move around.. My nephew will not be home all day so he put them inside the house by a window thats will get about half the days sun.. see how it goes.. thanx ..

ronley
thanx for popping by thats is exactly what i have been doing...
peace..

click here to see our 1st multi strain outdoor grow
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11794

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
i would transplant them if they are 12 in tal and in a 1 gallon size pot...... i love to give my plants extra root growth.... as well you can get it out of that black pot into something more of a lighter color that wont hold in as much heat.. as well as babba said get a shade card or move your plant under something shady for the time the sun is at its hottest......

G

I wouldn't go using clay/terracotta pots - they're too porous and dry out too damn quickly. They're also bloody awful if you have ever had plants in them which had any sort of infection. It takes lots of cleaning and even then you can't be 100% sure that its gone.

G

I am going to right after i turn the damn puter off to get some
other pots.. That are not going to harm our girls.. Thanx for the info on the clay pots.. You saved me more headaches.. I think once i change them into something of a light color. That will help out a lot. thanx for the suggetions and help guys.. peace..

click here to see our 1st multi strain outdoor grow
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11794

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
ya + clay pots are heavy and when some people have trouble telling if there plant needs water.. and they use the method where they pick the pots up... its impossible to tell cause the pot itself is already fairly heavy........

G

Well i visited wally world last night. The ole i cant sleep shopping trip.
And high of course. I bought some nice self watering pots for 2.97 ea
6 of them. and some more perlite. I would say they are 3-5 gallon pots not sure
it did not say on the pot or the shelf. So i think this will help my girls bigtime.
Cos the pots they were in were black and very thin. They were the pots you get at your local growshop.. cheapies.. 50 cents cheap.. So lets see how things go from here on out.. thanx for the help and suggetsions, tips.. peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow

sack :canabis: :joint:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
hey sack.. how do you get your custom title and current mood :)
thats so cool :)

let us knwo how things go for ya too!

tokinjoe

Hey Sack, just my .02 but I have grown outdoors in pots a lot, as well as in the ground and one thing I notice is that the potted plants need twice the amount of watering than my plants in the ground do. I camo my pots with brush, and the weeds grow up around them, so the sun never really hits the pot itself yet they still get dry much quicker, especially during the dog days of summer. Just water them at least twice per week and the sun shouldn't bother them at all, assuming they are healthy. I've also noticed the buds do not get as big due to the limited root growth. Good luck my brotha.

G

MNStitch
Hey just Go to edit signature. And in you options or profile i cant remember. But,
Thats how its done.. hope i helped some.. im high.. and in slow mode for some reason..
peace..

Tokinjoe
Thanx for that bit of info. At nephews he has hardly any weeds. But he moves them into a shaded area when its really hot.. Well somewhat shaded i should say.. Lets see I went and watered this morning and Just got back from transplanting the new members of the family. And they were already pretty dry. So im think at least 3 x a week. 2 good soaks and 1 decent wetting ya think? Also added some more soil to our 2 apolloxhazes' Someone i cant remember who mentioned he didnt think i had enough soil in the pot. I thought i did. So i checked it better and yes it needed some so i added to both of them.. And gave the LST girl a haircut.. Ill update when there is a drastic change or something. My grow thread..that is.. its about to rain here i hope its lightning & thundering. So i hope it does they will love rain. peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
Our grow has adopted some new family members.. LQQK!!

Latest posts

Latest posts