What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr. Greengenes Cherry Bomb??

xet

Any other sources? And how good are the Cherry Bomb from Swami? Do they still have the original or close the originals by Mr.GreenGenes?
PURE AFRICA x MR. GREENGENES 1979 MAUI WOWIE CHERRY BOMB
PURE AFRICA
Genetics: Kenya, pure stabilized sativa from the Kenyan slopes of Kilimanjaro (Original Sensible Seeds)
Flowering time: End of October

MR. GREENGENES 1979 MAUI WOWIE CHERRY BOMB
Swami Organic Seed:
“This is the one and only authentic 1979 Cherry Bomb Maui Wowie IBL from it’s breeder Mr. Greengenes. A 50/50 hybrid from BOEL sourced and bred 70’s Oaxacan Mexican and Afghani. Selected for potency, taste and flower shape for over three decades by Mr. Greengenes. Fast growing sativa expressions with the more desired ‘monkey fist’ indica expressions surfacing also. Metallic and sweet cherry and wood smell and taste on most. Taller Mexican Oaxacan spear sativa with subdued Afghani expressions. Moderate to strong sativa/indica based inebriation. Not as long lasting as most Thai hybrids, some expressions are psychedelic in nature. More a mid day toker’s herb as it won’t disable your thinking or driving capabilities. Non anxiety, non couchlock. Not extremely social, but functional. Mr. Greengenes often stated that he selected most for potency and a metallic cherry taste. Some expressions have a very sweet cherry like fragrance. The smoke is mellow and quite intoxicating, but not overpowering.”

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Right now I have only one CherryBomb in a grow bag. None of the Mother of Pearl seeds germinated properly and survived. I had three CherryBomb seedlings started and a bug or mouse got two of the seedlings. The one I still have is going to be very impressive from current growth patterns and health.

She has a unique smell to her early on, a musky puppy breath? Now I wish I would have started more of these to start with. Really excited to see how these finish. I will these tonight anyways, I just watered and it's almost sundown, the lighting is poor. Yesterday this plant got a lemon and peach repository feeding.
Peace farmerlion

16562112779802195970344283065016.jpg
16562112239831147401550300336773.jpg

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
For those that aren't familiar with how I grow, here is a couple pictures from the feeding of the CherryBomb. I have been developing Fungal Repositories for the last 6 years. I haven't found anything or other style of growing that is it's equivalent. Using plant sugars and proteins that are already converted for plant uptake is very simple and unbelievably effective.
20220623_091708.jpg
20220623_091755.jpg
20220623_091807.jpg

This is the CherryBomb from my previous post. The other little plant in this picture is a Auto Zamaldelica f1 I made in 2000 when they were released. This is the first time running any of those f1's. The transmission funnel really helps to feed the repositories. I'm using 4 to 5 in my 45 gallon grow bags and 3 to 4 in my 35 gallon grow bags. I single plant the 35's and double plant the 45's, it has proven to be the most efficient and productive way.

I have a thread called Making Marijuana Great Again in the Advanced Growing Sciences and Botany forum. Please come check it out for a very in depth look at soil functions and cannabis.
Peace farmerlion

xet

How do you feel about Aerated Activated Compost Tea?

I keep a 25 gallon bucket, fill 1/5 of it with chicken manure woodchip compost, the rest with water, and dash in all sorts of rock powders, fruit powders like coconut powder and coconut sugar, and fruit peels and native grasses and such, powdered char, whatever I have available necessarily, bubble it for 24-48 hour until it hits that peak ripe smell and head of foam and pour onto the whole plant. I also keep a very thick covering of mostly composted woodchips and the white mycelium is visible in strands all throughout the chips and when I water/feed loads of small springtails emerge from below. I find it is a really easy and tuneable process.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Xet,
I'm a big fan of teas myself. The very short version of how teas work is this, please go to thread Making Marijuana Great Again for my in depth information.

Tea's have a biological clock that starts the minute that the components are combined/activated. Each food source has a microbe that becomes dominant for that source. Then another group of microbes becomes dominant for the next food source. This continues until all food sources have been consumed.

The exudates in the Rhizosphere develop a symbiotic relationship with the microbes in your soil. The sooner you impart the raw pureed ingredients with (rain, distilled or lake water sources). The sooner your fungal colonies can develop this relationship with your plants, the healthier cannabis plants you will have. If you let the (brew, steep or condense) the microbes that for in your tea will be different from the microbial colonies in your soil.

Your plant will have to acclimate to a different colony feeding it. This causes stunts in growth even though the components are fully organic in nature. This costs you vegetative or flowering time and production of buds. Watermelon and rain water in repositories is like nitrous oxide in a drag car. If you want to see a funny car or dragster set an IPA beer out for 24 hours to evaporate the alcohol out and add Watermelon, strawberries, potatoes or bananas. 24 hours later you will be blown away.
Peace brother 🙏
farmerlion

xet

The process you describe of steeping or condensing (ruining) is not what I am doing.

I am thoroughly aerating with multiple aerators.

I have never heard about a new colony killing the old colony or the plant being poisoned by the introduction of a new healthy colony.

In either case I have never experienced any stunts in growth and still doing 3" per day.

Thanks for the info.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
The process you describe of steeping or condensing (ruining) is not what I am doing.

I am thoroughly aerating with multiple aerators.

I have never heard about a new colony killing the old colony or the plant being poisoned by the introduction of a new healthy colony.

In either case I have never experienced any stunts in growth and still doing 3" per day.

Thanks for the info.
Xet, the colonies aren't killing each other. They are eating the dominant available food source. Then the next available source is eaten by a colony that becomes the dominant colony because of the next available food source. Aerating does nothing for the tea. If you aerate it for a month doesn't change the fact that the tea is maturing. The microbes in the tea are consuming food sources, the action of composting, breaking down is taking place if you agree with me or not. The simple fact is this is what is happening. (Ruining) as you stated is happening with or without aeration. I'm simply stating you have no idea what is optimal for the feeding taking place in the Rhizosphere. Everything I shared with you is the spot on truth and nothing but the truth.

You can have very healthy plants doing what your doing. My research is pushing the envelope of organic soil microbes. How they truly function in symbiotic relationships with the roots of cannabis plants in particular. Xet if all you see is your plants in your style of growing, there is nothing to compare them to. I have plants in another environment that don't get the same benefits as my greenhouse plants do. There is a reason I don't show pictures of them, they are substantially inferior...?
Peace brother 🙏 Do your thing if it makes you 😊 happy.
farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hello,
I just wanted to update the status of the CherryBomb plant I have going.

She has had three repository feedings and this girl knows she's got it going on. My favorite plant closely followed if not even with a Blue Thai and a Blueberry x Blue Thai 💙
20220708_171422.jpg
20220708_171434.jpg
20220708_171449.jpg

I hope you enjoy this beautiful plant. She smells like the barrel of a freshly fired shotgun, for those that have hunted.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hello friends,
I just wanted to update my CherryBomb female. She is almost 8.5' tall and reaching for my ceiling in the greenhouse. My bags are 18" tall themselves. This plant is pushing my limits for flowering. I will be pollinating her with some pollen from a Auto Zamaldelica male from this season. If the pollen is viable this cross could be very special for northern growing. If you zoom in my Destroyer is on the left side of the picture.
Peace farmerlion
20220824_101858.jpg

Last edited:

goingrey

Hello friends,
I just wanted to update my CherryBomb female. She is almost 8.5' tall and reaching for my ceiling in the greenhouse. My bags are 18" tall themselves. This plant is pushing my limits for flowering. I will be pollinating her with some pollen from a Auto Zamaldelica male from this season. If the pollen is viable this cross could be very special for northern growing.
Peace farmerlion
View attachment 18748183
An 8 foot sativa, nice! There's even a band with that name lol.

Where'd you get an Auto-Zamaldelica male? I though it was a fem only strain.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
An 8 foot sativa, nice! There's even a band with that name lol.

Where'd you get an Auto-Zamaldelica male? I though it was a fem only strain.
Yes they are sold as fem only, (Colloidal Silver 30ppm)
16613600774165469371961802259772.jpg

I haven't tried any of the pollen yet. This will be my first venture into reversal of a feminized pack. The male used has already been culled, he had 5 to 7 leaf bracts with short skinny leaves. The fingers had a very wide pattern like bracts on my Destroyer plant. Post #172 on the left side of the CherryBomb.
Peace farmerlion

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
How do you feel about Aerated Activated Compost Tea?

I keep a 25 gallon bucket, fill 1/5 of it with chicken manure woodchip compost, the rest with water, and dash in all sorts of rock powders, fruit powders like coconut powder and coconut sugar, and fruit peels and native grasses and such, powdered char, whatever I have available necessarily, bubble it for 24-48 hour until it hits that peak ripe smell and head of foam and pour onto the whole plant. I also keep a very thick covering of mostly composted woodchips and the white mycelium is visible in strands all throughout the chips and when I water/feed loads of small springtails emerge from below. I find it is a really easy and tuneable process.
I have been letting a tree guy bring me his chipped tops. Last year I dumped a ton of urea on the pile. I toss mushrooms I find on the pile. This year, that part of the pile deep inside is so hot it steams, the stuff is black and rich. I see white all inside from the fungus. The liquid that leeches seems to be breaking down the heavy clay the pile is on. I think that clay anion is soaking up the wood chip cations and making soil. I will till some into the veggie garden to soak into the clay over winter.

Charles Dankens

I grew this plant a few years back; great looking, decent smoke. I've got another one, from same pack, about 7 weeks into flower right now. I'll put up a pic soon. The current plant is producing better, more potent smells than the earlier plant but not as pretty.

Anyone currently growing Cherry Bomb?

cherry-bomb.jpg

Update:
Odd little buds on this CB. Fantastic fragrance I would not call it cherry scented but closer to eucalyptus
10-17-cherry-bomb.gif

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
I did a swap with I guy from florida, he was growing her guerrilla style. Huge yielding. I haven't grown em out yet as can never get any decent smoke reports about her so other strains took precedence

KingRalph

Pretty pistils! I grew it a few years ago, didn't find much cherry anywhere, maybe rotten fermented earthy cherries perhaps. I had long wondered if Mr. Greengene's CB was the same as my Kona Cherry I brought back from the Big Island 20 years ago, and was happy to get seeds from Swami 6 years ago (even if they arrived crushed haha). But I don't think so, or maybe it's possible they diverged more than 30 years ago. But the seeds from dark resined speared bud grown outdoors on the island I brought back yielded one in particular that smelled like scratch 'n sniff cherry candy. I both made S1's of that and feminized it to a Skunk #1 from SamtheSkunkman's 2001 crop (strong kind of citrusy skunk) that gave >99% females, called it Sherry, and there were strawberry creme, lemon candy, orange creamsicle, cherry pie type smells in organic soil from all the progeny, was wild. Still a bunch of seeds of that cross left.

Anyways, Mr. GG's was selected over the years as he said for the pink pistils, more metallic tasting stronger phenos, not necessarily the cherry terpenes. So it's possible they're related but I think long diverged if anything. Guessing more that Maui Wowie / Cherry Bomb is a cross of the Big Island Sativa old strain (what I accidentally got and call Kona Cherry from my pheno) to another strain, and then selected from there by Mr. Greengenes, who is an absolute legend for keeping such a strain going for generations.

This is his one of his Cherry Bombs (that wasn't very cherry, but fun)

1699751647178.png

Long ago, the Big Island Sativa (Kona Cherry) - revegging after this it got a bud structure a little more like cherry bomb is the only reason to think a relation.
1699752072651.png

Last edited: