What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it too late to clone?

Tangie

Hello people,

I’m in need of advice with my clone situation. I flipped my girls 14 days ago and realized my Orange Drank is a keeper.
I forgot to clone her and now I want to keep her around..
Attached are pictures wide and close up.
Many thanks in advance...
Any thoughts would be great.

Attachments

• 5540AB2E-E7A4-4E09-93F9-8C865DFC044A.jpg
    5540AB2E-E7A4-4E09-93F9-8C865DFC044A.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 23
  • A22B3AB7-BB35-4591-AC09-CEBDF0A4A1E6.jpg
    A22B3AB7-BB35-4591-AC09-CEBDF0A4A1E6.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 20
M

MagusMan

Hello people,

I’m in need of advice with my clone situation. I flipped my girls 14 days ago and realized my Orange Drank is a keeper.

i think its still possible infact i am 100% sure you can
healthy looking plants you got there

starke

Take cuts now according to your favorite method. They should clone OK but will take a little longer than usual. Be patient. Once rooted they may enter a brief period of strange looking growth but will eventually resume normal veg growth.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
You can clone them at this stage, don’t wait tho!

Tell us more about how you select a keeper after only 14 days of flower?

brickweeder

i've taken clones at 2 weeks into flower with minimal reveg once rooted (10 days), so go for it.

I've also taken a clone at 8 weeks into flower of a 9-12 week strain, and after rooting and planting into soil (~2 weeks), it went into a slow reveg for another 2 weeks before emerging with maybe 10 equal shoots that kicked into gear. So basically, I am of the opinion that you can clone anytime into flowering, its just a matter of how long before it roots and reenters a veg phase.

Breadwizard

You can pull a clone now, it'll just take a bit longer to root and get going through re-veg. If you've never revegged before, it is wild, will shoot out with many tops (5-10!).

M

MagusMan

You can pull a clone now, it'll just take a bit longer to root and get going through re-veg. If you've never revegged before, it is wild, will shoot out with many tops (5-10!).

is that not called monster cropping breadwizard sure av read about it

Tangie

Take cuts now according to your favorite method. They should clone OK but will take a little longer than usual. Be patient. Once rooted they may enter a brief period of strange looking growth but will eventually resume normal veg growth.
Thank you, I’m happy to be patient I just don’t want to loose this pheno.
Will document my next moves

Tangie

You can clone them at this stage, don’t wait tho!

Tell us more about how you select a keeper after only 14 days of flower?

I’m planning to clone tonight. Will use 45degrees method with clonex solution on a small rock wool cube that has been soaked in nute run off from my water tray.

I’m selecting this pheno because the smell is strong from the stems and leaves. Very citrus and orange zest.
I often feel this is a good indication on the final terp profile of the bud.

Tangie

i've taken clones at 2 weeks into flower with minimal reveg once rooted (10 days), so go for it.

I've also taken a clone at 8 weeks into flower of a 9-12 week strain, and after rooting and planting into soil (~2 weeks), it went into a slow reveg for another 2 weeks before emerging with maybe 10 equal shoots that kicked into gear. So basically, I am of the opinion that you can clone anytime into flowering, its just a matter of how long before it roots and reenters a veg phase.

Amazing.. I’m glad I asked, I was doubting myself and the plant. I’m happy to put her in the veg room with a humid dome and lots of t5 light.
Thanks

Tangie

Yeah I have never re-vegged this late before. Sounds like a cool experiment and may turn out a better yield then this girl.
Cheers for the advice

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Hello people,

Take as many cuttings as you can, less yield now
equals more yield later this year.

You'll be much better off knowing you didn't
lose it by only taking one cutting that failed.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

Tangie

Take as many cuttings as you can, less yield now
equals more yield later this year.

You'll be much better off knowing you didn't
lose it by only taking one cutting that failed.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

Very good point..I didn’t want to loose production sites on this run but I will take your advice and sacrifice the lower branches.. maybe even 4.
Rather safe than sorry.
Cheers for the nudge