What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Granual Nutrients

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Out of curiosity, why those numbers? What does that do for you?

Indoor/outdoor? Medium? Are you testing? Other amendments/salts/nutrition involved?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Where do the other farmers go? Look at your version of 'farming weekly' Or 'big tractor' and see who is advertising.

Map is 11-52-0 and potash 0-0-50 so if you mix them 50/50 you get 5.5-26-25

That's not the full story though. Map could be a poor choice for your land, and Dap the thing to use.

I can't see the full picture. You should get soil samples done, then get recommendations. Or ask a neighbour

CrushnYuba

When you say comparable.. What are you comparing it to? I don't understand when you say granual. There are meals: organic amendments ( won't have those numbers)
There are water soluble Salts: will have those numbers and i think that's what you are looking for. You can get it in bulk cheap, mix it with water and water it in.
There are salts made for broadcasting: not much different then the above but different consistency to make it easier to broadcast. Its for feeding your lawn mostly and sometimes garbage food crops. Why do you need that? It's terribly uncontrolled. You kind of Just toss it around and hope it feeds the field evenly. Most of the N source is volatile and will end up in the atmosphere instead of your soil.

I think you are looking for soluble powdered salts. Cheapest, easiest way to feed your plants WITHOUT INCIDENT. Just dilute and inject into your irrigation water.

BillFarthing

Veteran
The easiest granular 1-part I can think of is Oasis 16-4-17 hydroponic fertilizer. It makes a great base nutrient in Dutch style feeding schedules and doesn't need added cal-mag. It also works in hydro, rockwool, and soilless unless you have poor quality water source.

For bloom, I throw some MKP and fulvic in there. It's a cheap complete powder lineup.

A notable second place is Greenleaf Megacrop. It's great start to finish with their new formulation. The only thing weird about it is it gets funky if you do a stock solution or don't use it right away.