What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michigan sealed room

My room is being built. I want to run a sealed system [building in a very large garage that is insulated already. Room will have normal pink panther insulation as well as foam insulation board to help maintain temps) I currently only have aircooled hoods [4x1000s]..

Do i want to just run a straight fan system for them? [Nothing sucking inside room] or can\should i just run with glass off and not worry about cooling them? Should i spend the extra few bucks and buy some adjust-a-wings??

Earlmarne

I hate glass betwwen my plants and the bulbs. Seems counterintuitive to lose any light Im paying for.
All depends on if you got an ac that can cool 4k I would say

I do/could.. I have 1 portable a\c right now, was looking into buying 1 or 2 more just encase.... If the extra a/c is worth leaving the glass off the hood ill go that route or just go adjust a wing.

Earlmarne

I do/could.. I have 1 portable a\c right now, was looking into buying 1 or 2 more just encase.... If the extra a/c is worth leaving the glass off the hood ill go that route or just go adjust a wing.

When I was in your shoes it seemed the general consensus that keeping glass out was ideal.
Careful with the portable ac. I spent a lot of money on a 14k btu portable, couldnt keep up with 2k very well. Ended up cutting a hole in the wall and getting a through the wall 12k unit and it tackles the heat real well. Im also told the portables will pull out co2. With my through the wall set up a 20 lb tank lasts me about 16 days when I got the room packed full of vegetation.

When I was in your shoes it seemed the general consensus that keeping glass out was ideal.
Careful with the portable ac. I spent a lot of money on a 14k btu portable, couldnt keep up with 2k very well. Ended up cutting a hole in the wall and getting a through the wall 12k unit and it tackles the heat real well. Im also told the portables will pull out co2. With my through the wall set up a 20 lb tank lasts me about 16 days when I got the room packed full of vegetation.

Something to look at forsure.. Id rather get a few window\wall ac units price wise lol.. But im not sure how well\effecient theyd run in a hot garage in summer..

Random. But anyone commenting have an idea of how much lumber id need to build 1 x16ft wall [8ft high] and 1x 9ft wall [8ft tall] studs @ 24inches. And 1 normal size door. Trying to price out b4 i talk with my buddy so i know what it looks like

Badfishy1

Random. But anyone commenting have an idea of how much lumber id need to build 1 x16ft wall [8ft high] and 1x 9ft wall [8ft tall] studs @ 24inches. And 1 normal size door. Trying to price out b4 i talk with my buddy so i know what it looks like

1st stud is at 0” then 16” on center there after. Don’t forget the last stud. On an adjacent wall, first stud will be at 4” then 16 oc there after. You will need (typically) 2 studs on each side of the door plus a piece for the header. There are all sorts of different sizes for doors tho

1st stud is at 0” then 16” on center there after. Don’t forget the last stud. On an adjacent wall, first stud will be at 4” then 16 oc there after. You will need (typically) 2 studs on each side of the door plus a piece for the header. There are all sorts of different sizes for doors tho

Tyty

Latest posts

Latest posts