What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cooling 25 lights

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yep basement is still crankin away, all flood and drain buckets now.

Humidity during lights on is typically around 50% since there is essentially 150K BTUs of electric heat in the room. When the lights turn off 4 x 180pint dehueys turn on for the dark phase. It's harder on rainy days, but it ranges from 54 to 63% RH at it's worst.

p0opstlnksal0t

Yep basement is still crankin away, all flood and drain buckets now.

Humidity during lights on is typically around 50% since there is essentially 150K BTUs of electric heat in the room. When the lights turn off 4 x 180pint dehueys turn on for the dark phase. It's harder on rainy days, but it ranges from 54 to 63% RH at it's worst.

That's not bad. What I'm noticing is that during lights on the heat generated from my DE's is drying the air. During exhausting my Rh drops down to around 10% without my humidifying measures. The basement grow drops around 15% without humidifying.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I like the air coming in to be treated already, and applied at ground level. It keeps the substrate cool, and so it holds more oxygen. I extract by the lights. So the cool air comes up through the plants, then as it gets heated , lowering the RH, it leaves. The only circulation is done at canopy level, using domestic/office fans. Generally with some intake air supplied behind them.

I really want air coming in at the floor, heading up, then leaving. Anything coming back down from the lights, is strictly not allowed. Though it can be used to treat the intake air. Directly mixed for heat and humidity, or a passive air2air for just reclaiming some heat.

Edit: You can have a few inlet points around the perimeter, and floor fans distributing it. Literally passing it between them at times.
If extract is simply at high level, then make it high as you can. Literally sucking away at the ceiling, is much better than a foot below.