What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

straight from a pyschatrists mouth: sativa is bad for antipsychotics users

L

larry badiner

you heard it from Larry, I switched from indica from sativa from a heavy antipsychotic regime and I feel so much better

this doctor works with a medicare insured company and sadly I cannot give out any names or relevant info

I may not be as creative as I can normally be, I'm more sedated but I can think clearer and im less paranoid

I can also help tune out voices better

after this crop of auto bubblegum im growing nothing but indica, leaving the sativa for special occasion

the best I can imagine would be a 20/80 sativa indica with a lot of cbd for me, so ill be hitting the seeds

good luck and happy holidays

yardgrazer

I'm definitely happy for you, that things are going better, but I've gotta wonder about the doctor's perspective. Offhand I would have to think it isn't based off hard data (not too many studies on that topic that I'm aware of), but if it works, it works!

St. Phatty

you heard it from Larry, I switched from indica from sativa from a heavy antipsychotic regime and I feel so much better

this doctor works with a medicare insured company and sadly I cannot give out any names or relevant info

I may not be as creative as I can normally be, I'm more sedated but I can think clearer and im less paranoid

I have 3 Sativas in this year's harvest and one Indica. The Indica has a fair amount of Sativa in its ancestry.

The Indica is definitely the one for me, this year. Blueberry Headband x Blue Widow x Silver Kush magic.

When I tried smoking the first Sativa, it was too much. Plenty of head buzz but no body relaxation.

I've never met anybody who didn't like Romulan (Indica, Federation, 2004 vintage).

There are some Indica's that just "tick all the boxes" and have a relaxing body feel but still make you want to do stuff, like go to the beach.

Mengsk

Indica or hashplants I think can have a quality of more resin production. This might offset the perception of sativa since it isn't easy to compare 8-9% to 20% thc. As far as their effect, I'm not sure if this is saying for current takers of pills to combine with or replace?

L

larry badiner

I'm definitely happy for you, that things are going better, but I've gotta wonder about the doctor's perspective. Offhand I would have to think it isn't based off hard data (not too many studies on that topic that I'm aware of), but if it works, it works!

thx yard grazer, my psych is pretty cool, he rx's me benzos and that's been working out well, works well with sativa but produces a more "mellow" feeling with indica for about an hour

I think indica works better then sativa because most of the research done for these conventional pills were done using samples of 70's-80's bud, then pills were mass produced, and stored for later sale

zyprexa for example interacts with indica so well. I remember switching from sativa to indica when I was on zyprexa, once the sativa was out of my system, the indica made me lazy, but productive kind of

L

larry badiner

I have 3 Sativas in this year's harvest and one Indica. The Indica has a fair amount of Sativa in its ancestry.

The Indica is definitely the one for me, this year. Blueberry Headband x Blue Widow x Silver Kush magic.

When I tried smoking the first Sativa, it was too much. Plenty of head buzz but no body relaxation.

I've never met anybody who didn't like Romulan (Indica, Federation, 2004 vintage).

There are some Indica's that just "tick all the boxes" and have a relaxing body feel but still make you want to do stuff, like go to the beach.

I sadly have 2 purple haze plants from ace, germed at 2 weeks, that are going outside, both bug free and in roto rooter plugs, one is so vigorous its reaching up from the seedling pods to the led lights, the other one is wilting. when I get some time I have to transplant something and come up with a mother plant, maybe score a clone from a club

L

larry badiner

Indica or hashplants I think can have a quality of more resin production. This might offset the perception of sativa since it isn't easy to compare 8-9% to 20% thc. As far as their effect, I'm not sure if this is saying for current takers of pills to combine with or replace?

combine, don't go off your pills unless your doctor recommends, I have no clue how these pills work but haldol, zyprexa, depakote, and geode are industrial quality pills, they'll screw with your head unless a doctor can fix it, especially on pills and sometimes street marijuana

if you're really in need of marijuana mental health help, you're going to have to play a game of "is this person really qualified?" with your cash

X

xavier7995

Man, i have been to a number of shrinks over the past few months, finding a competent person is real hard. So far my primary care doc has shown herself to be better versed than they are.

W

Water-

thx yard grazer, my psych is pretty cool, he rx's me benzos and that's been working out well, works well with sativa but produces a more "mellow" feeling with indica for about an hour

I think indica works better then sativa because most of the research done for these conventional pills were done using samples of 70's-80's bud, then pills were mass produced, and stored for later sale

zyprexa for example interacts with indica so well. I remember switching from sativa to indica when I was on zyprexa, once the sativa was out of my system, the indica made me lazy, but productive kind of

Thats great that you are feeling better.

becareful with benzos, they cause severe physiological dependence and the withdrawl can make anyone experience psychotic symptoms.

best of luck to you.
CSI Humbolodt has
Purple Urkle S1's that may be a helpful strain.

yardgrazer

Not to mention how dangerous benzos can be if you drink alcohol with 'em. They're a lot of risks associated with longterm benzo use.

Mengsk

I have not tried any psychiatrist drugs. Then again I have not felt the need to and suggesting to use or not use one or the other may best be left up to trained professionals. As you say those drugs can mess with your head.

watts

ohms
Veteran
I used to get that racy paranoid anxious feeling on sativa until I started taking Reishi mushroom daily. All good now.

Galaxy420

adding peppercorn to your cannabis regimen could allow you to still use Sativa.. beta caryophyllene in peppercorn would act as your CBD... chew on a few peppercorns and gauge your response. BCP taken before you medicate increases the THC properties and BCP taken after wards reduces THC properties.

finding strains with BCP in the terp profiles could be even more ideal situation for a balanced blend

L

larry badiner

adding peppercorn to your cannabis regimen could allow you to still use Sativa.. beta caryophyllene in peppercorn would act as your CBD... chew on a few peppercorns and gauge your response. BCP taken before you medicate increases the THC properties and BCP taken after wards reduces THC properties.

finding strains with BCP in the terp profiles could be even more ideal situation for a balanced blend

ill bring that up with my psych, I have better meds now so I don't want to make anything worse

Dog Star

Veteran
Bro.. if indica is your type of gear than stick to indy and some CBD.. dont overload
your CNS with too much sativa if this made you more ill or unfunctional..

am also have problems with too much sativa pure thc profiles and for me best
works hybrids between some strong indy and strong sativa.. best stone effects
i haved from cross of Amnesia Core x Sour Bubble seeds that friend sprouted
and shared back pheno.. its was so good stone ride,enjoyable both for mind
and body,slightly couchlocked so you can function while head works proper
no paranoya,no bad ju-ju like from some sativas,just good happy thoughts
laughs and positivity..

Amnesia Core doesnt made me paranoid but still if i smoke her few joints in a row
then i can feel unpleasant like i drinked too much strong black coffie..
like it gives cold sweat.. and there in a combo with Sour Bubble we get
a progeny that was have most enjoyable high ever..

Now i am 100% sure its nothing have with setting and how i feel cause if i go now
smoke Amnesia Core for few joints in a row i will feel same restless symphtoms
as i ever have with her.. am only keep every ciclus plant or two as i use it for crosses
to search later for those interesting progeny that will give simmilar highs to those
i found in Amnesia Bubble..

Wish best to your health bro.. i know we sometimes look like laboratory rats as we
search for this favorable highs but nothing good happends whithouth personal
experience.. thats why we need to sense ugly to understand where beauty hiddes..

Hope you found strains that will suit your needs in proper way..

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad ya sorted Larry and what a gorgeous little Duck billed Palytupus ,,,,,,s2

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I listened to the wisdom and grew only indica or hybrids for years. Anxiety got unbearable though. Decided to try the sativas a couple years back and boom, no more anxiety, like pretty much gone.

Generalization is fine but do not think there are not exceptions. I am an exception.

G

GatorGumbo

I have known two psychiatrists in my personal life, both of them are absolutely insane. Maybe that gives them insight, but I would never take any kind of advice from them. Is this a reputable professional or one of those back alley weed ticket doctors? If you care about your health it matters, though prescriptions for weed probably doesn't have much to do with it— but it's a good indicator.

I ask because avoiding sativa or indica for such a reason seems like quackery. You're going to have to find a strain that works for you, the current genetic landscape is much more complicated than simply indica or sativa. If you're growing your own then there are more factors you can manipulate for the desired end results.

Dog Star

Veteran
Healthy people dont belive to ill people...and vice versa..

cannabis helps in so much medical conditions,so strains that will best suit your
needs doesnt need to be great strains for somebody with a different diagnosis..

if sativa are those one you feel best then you use sativa,if indy suits your needs
in proper way then you use indica..same is with hybrids...

am definitly search for myself balanced highs that kick on positivity,happy times and
laughs,feeling good weed as i suffer from PTSD,depression and i dont need twitchy
heart pounding sativas that made you feel like a tiger chasing you..