What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush did a gardening

insomniac_AU

Gday Hush
That fits in there nicely. I was just thinking maybe you could even hang a plastic wall and not use a tent at all. That would maximise the space you have. Congrats on the crop, hopefully that will last you until the next lot comes in. :tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
This is some good shit, for real. I keep forgetting to come in here and post pics. One of these days I'll remember. It's still curing right now, but it gets better and better as time goes by. I have my special jar set aside, to save for last. That way I can let it cure as long as possible.

ZZfxeAx.jpg

Here's a quick bud that I pulled out to vape on. I'll try to give a fresh smoke report soon.

Sy3wMe2.jpg

xAIxs7Z.jpg

SolarLogos

Look amazing Hush. Glad to hear you got some good smoke. I was hoping for salvageable weed from having to up and harvest early for the move, but it looks like you nailed the harvest on her.
Peace, God bless

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks fam.

Well, I've been really trying to formulate the words for a smoke report for a while now, and it's not been easy! This is very specific cannabis here. What I mean by that is it's got a bunch of characteristics that, to me, are unique and not so comparable to other varieties. But I'm going to finally try. Here we go...

First of all, when I crack that jar open, I always want to have my nostrils right there, ready to go, all the air pushed out of my lungs so the next inhale will be all terps... As the seal around that lid pops open, I inhale through my nose deeply, filling my brain with molecules of aromas that are deeply nostalgic to me, vaguely reminiscent of something from my past, almost like a fleeting moment of deja vu, leaving behind a sweet, mentholated aftertaste that is highly unusual and unfamiliar to me as my brain shifts the experience from an aromatic one to a flavorful one. It tastes just like it smells, but it doesn't. There is definitely menthol on the inhale, clearing my nasal passages much like a cough drop would and allowing for more of the sweet and spicy to come through... but there's no menthol taste on the tongue afterward. The most prominent, pungent part of the aroma cocktail is a citrusy, lemon-lime smell, but there's so much going on that to stop there would be wrong. It's the first variety I've ever grown which inspired me to use the word "umami" to describe its aroma and flavor.

It's a very leafy variety, and probably close to half of the weight of the flowers is all leaf. While manicuring, I considered leaving the buds a bit grassier than I normally do, because I thought a lot of the good stuff was ending up in the trim pile. I still ended up trimming them all the way, for the most part, and just jarred up all of the trim to save for later. This wasn't the most resinous plant I've ever grown, but it does have visible trichomes, small ones, and they do cover the entire buds. It still requires me to use a grinder, because if I break it up with my fingers I end up with sticky kif on my hands. It's just...noticeably not as crystally as the wide leaf varieties of cannabis that I typically grow.

I don't smoke anymore, so I guess this is technically a vape report, not a smoke report, but I grind up the appropriate amount of herb, pack it in the heating chamber, and let 'er rip. Okay, THERE's that menthol. The vapor tastes strongly like lemon citrus sweetness mixed with menthol mixed with some complex umami spice that reminds me of a hibachi restaurant. By the time the vape bowl is finished, I'm feeling it already, but it's light, so I generally have to do two of them. By the time the second one is in mid session, I'm totally feeling it.

And "it" has been VERY difficult to put my finger on! It certainly doesn't have anything reminiscent to a Kush or Afghani type of high, that's the first thing I notice. I don't feel heavier or that my muscles have to work harder at menial tasks, nothing like that. But to say there's no body high wouldn't be accurate... There's something there... like a buzzing, or a vibrating. Very euphoric, actually, but only when I pay attention to it. It doesn't consume the experience at all. But what DOES consume the experience is an overwhelming need to DO SHIT! Haha. Seriously, and I didn't notice it at first, but looking back on it it's been this way all along, it makes me do chores! It consistently puts me on one of those "cleaning highs" that people talk about. This realization made me start perceiving the effects of this variety in a different way than I've payed attention to cannabis effects before, and that is, I now see that this is basically Adderall herb! :biggrin: Seriously! I am prescribed Adderall for my ADHD, and I don't take it anymore because the medicinal effects of it require dealing with the amphetaminey side effects of it, which I don't like. But getting high on the Panama Green apparently has all of the medicinal effects of the Adderall, but with mild euphoria instead of dysphoria! So this has some medicinal benefits I wasn't expecting, or even looking for.

The high lasts a pretty typical amount of time. Nothing unusual there. But interestingly, when it wears off the energy goes away and I could actually take a nap if I wanted to. This has meant that it's not keeping me up at night, either, which is nice since I don't have any anti-insomnia varieties in my garden at the moment. I've even vaped some right before going to bed, and it didn't keep me up, or have my restless leg thing act up or anything like that. I've also vaped it before going to work, and it doesn't get in the way of anything. I will say, though, that it gives me red eyes big time. That's funny, because that's something that used to be so hand in hand with marijuana back in the 90s when I first started, when it was all compressed Mexi brick, and I had noticed how over the years with the majority of the genetics currently out there in the recreational scenes, it never really gave me red eyes, and so keeping visine on me hasn't been something I've had to do since so, so long ago! I might actually have to go out and buy some again for the first time as an adult. :biggrin:

I don't know if I've said everything that has gone through my mind over the past few weeks, but I'm feeling like this report is done, so let it be so. I'll edit later if something pops up. All I know is that, in summary, this is one of the most unusual, strange, unique, and medicinal varieties I've ever grown before, and now I know that I definitely need to always have it around. My apartment is so tidy, and orderly, and all of my chores keep getting done! :biggrin:

xJo6TUh.jpg

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Glad to hear that all is good in your neighborhood hush. I don't smoke anymore either. My lungs just can't take it. All edibles for my bedtime meds now. Can't wait to see your next grow!

YukonKronic

Awesome vape report! I'm currently running Malawi x Panama that I'm excited about and I also just got free Ace Panama seeds with an order of Karma gear (my Ghostrider OG didn't break ground!? WTF!?.... in contact with seed supplier over that one...)

Probably running the straight Panama later this year and now I'm even more stoked! I need chore weed... my GT is only 8 weeks cured and already too strong for much daytime use. But I use it anyways :biggrin:

Experienced the weird "where the fuck am I?" Sensation on a walk with my dog the other day.... read about that happening to a few people but never experienced that strange sense of displacement to such a strong degree.

GT is wild shit.... feeling lost a block from your house... yeeesh:moon:

YukonKronic

Stoked to hear! I lost my cut in the freeze I had but I have two more going that I just flipped... I'm actually missing my Zam a lot lately too... all that survived were some crosses.

Zam can be even more powerfully disorienting than GT... I used it to "change the channel" so to speak in intense PTSD flashbacks.. took things from acid in a graveyard scary to more like shrooms on a roller coaster scary... still not great but waaaayy easier to at least TRY and enjoy.
One pheno literally made me feel out of control and jacked up like a tweaker for 45 minutes... just wild ass energy rushes non stop babbling and perma smile until it wore off enough to reel in and shut up.
I gave the rest of that one away. Too much crae crae.

I have a ZamxGuatemala line at F4 stage I'm thinking if crossing to Bruce Banner if I can find a strawberry pheno... the Guatemala gave it a goofier feeling and more cartoonish trip... I'm hoping BB will jump potency and terps up another level to maybe further enhance the line in that direction... if needed I can BX to a (Zam x Guatemala) x (Zam13BX) male that came from an exceptionally resinous Zam mother.. I'll look through them for the trip bomb if I can't find it in an F1... what do I call that anyways Gamma Trip?
Hulk Woozy? Maybe Brucey Berry Blaster Bomb? Lol ideas people! I need ideas!.... or maybe just some Broad leaf to bring me down a little... I be flyin.
Peace.:dance013::biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts