What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diy steel hoop house.

CrushnYuba

yes. that's one of the motors. connected to a home built controller. arms with rollers. think it's in my pictures. i have been meaning to upload new pictures. just don't have a good image hosting site. they all get deleted quickly.

Weezy1220

Awesome stuff

Awesome stuff

Hey YUBA,

Do you have an IG account!? I have some questions for you and i think it would be easier on there! Thanks 👍🏻

CrushnYuba

QN6T9Qr.jpg

iOkAeWS.jpg

NJr5UC8.jpg

u5GS8hx.jpg

this is from a few weeks ago.
from the top:
1. a true purple sativa dominant hybrid. fully purple even when it's 100 degrees out. stinks like lemons and oranges. grows very fast. purple hairs and trichomes.
2. animal cookies
3. cherry pie
those pictures are oldish. they are much further along now.

Humboldt-hermit

Hey crushing yuba I just wanted to thank you. For this thread. THANK YOU!!!! This year I wanted to expand quite a bit. And you saved me thousands! I planned to build 5 - 20x100 greenys. They are sold for around 3-4k each in my area. I ordered the pro model of the pipe bender from build your own greenhouse.com and sourced the 1 3/8 pipe . Couldn't be happier. The frames are exactly like store bought ones for a small fraction of the price. This year I would like to follow your instructions on the auto dep motors DIY install. as I've only been pulling tarp by hand. If anyone is questioning if this iworks .....it does. Thanks again crushing yuba I mould have never bought those frames because it was just to much from a store. I probably was going to use pvc. But DIY steel bending changed the game by thousands that could be spent on other things like fans and soil.

CrushnYuba

Humboldt hermit- that's good to hear! those instructions that come with the bender you will get allot out of. I don't use their jigg, but i did read their instructions. some of the way they suggest doing it is wack, but some good. take the best from everyone!

I will be selling controllers and motors on Amazon once the bulk of the trimmers leave. I'll have a couple versions of controllers. Wifi smart controller, dumb controller. solar or 110v ac. this is for roll up sides or black out.

genesis129

Haven't been able to see the pictures of motor rigging and connections (I checked on the safari browser) also anyway on the solar side what is your battery set up ?
Can you scale the solar/battery to run the entire system hid's and all without needing the diesel ?
thank you , safe harvest and happy holidaze

CrushnYuba

allot of the pictures are gone. I think there are some of how the motors connect to the pipe still though on the first page. what part would you like to see more of? the black out has telescoping arms. the roll up sides are just like hand cranks on guide rails. just motorized.

My battery set up is pretty big. 2x 24v 800ah 1200lb forklift batteries. my solar system is to run my house, greenhouse, and multiple outdoor gardens. not a small investment. very hard to do without burning some diesel. and it's basically impossible to run hid of solar and battery without diesel. i don't run a whole lot of hid anyway though.

genesis129

more pictures/diagram's of the black out system would be sick.

any hassles with the county on the stoves ?

can i ask what kind of weight per sq. ft your pulling/per run ? average of the strains is cool doesn't have to be exact

your solar controllers can open the side vents automatically to adjust temp ? are you gonna hit up the cup and if so do you want to do a little design work close by ?

CrushnYuba

I'll get some pictures later. it's just 2 bars that roll all the way up to the top on arms. when it's open the bars sit in the middle on the top. look at you tube karmens greenhouses. they use the same system.
no hassle from the county on stoves. they are epa compliant, California and Washington approved. they are super clean and efficient, you can't see smoke. not that anyone cares this far in the woods.
i really don't know about weight. depends on the time of year and sun. how well it's trellissed and packed efficiently. strains. etc. I'd say if you give it love you can get more then a lb for every 16 sq ft of canopy like indoor. but you have to have walk ways. 20x60 will get up to 70 lbs if its dialed at the right time of year.
you mean the emerald cup? i know I'm not doing a booth this year. I may go for a day just to get seeds. if I'm around, I'd do some consulting if time permits.
pm me and I'll explain the controller and solar options.

CrushnYuba

0218181053.jpg

Moms veging in the veg house. Keep it sectioned off to save heat. As the plants grow, i move the divider back. I keep it hot in there. Heat Thermostat is set at 75 during the day and 61 at night. But ventilation thermostat is set at 90 during the day. So day time temps are minimum 75 if it's overcast. If the sun is out its up to 90f.
Growth is so fast, i can see it every day. Cant see why people veg indoors. Cuttings taken from these moms are superior in every way to indoor moms.

Last edited:

Humboldt-hermit

Hey yuba. I built my 20x100 with the pipe bender. It's awesome now I'd like to try to set it up for auto dep like in your posts. I'm wondering if you still do the same set up or if you have since modified your auto setup? Also where is the best place to source the parts? And what parts do I exactly need? Thanks for the help my friend

CrushnYuba

Yea.. Max power has good cheap motors. Their controllers are total junk.
I have tried a few different systems. I recently tried a rack and pinion interior cover like forever flowering or grow tech. I think roll up is still the best. I think the ultimate design right now is double layer clear poly with a black out roll up structure inside of it. I saw 4 seasons has a nice design i ripped off.
Interior structure prevents rain from building up in the black out pins. Also makes double clear with inflation easier.. Adds to insulation.

the_niño

Yea.. Max power has good cheap motors. Their controllers are total junk.
I have tried a few different systems. I recently tried a rack and pinion interior cover like forever flowering or grow tech. I think roll up is still the best. I think the ultimate design right now is double layer clear poly with a black out roll up structure inside of it. I saw 4 seasons has a nice design i ripped off.
Interior structure prevents rain from building up in the black out pins. Also makes double clear with inflation easier.. Adds to insulation.

ya that interior light dep at 4 seasons looks pretty tight.... nice simple design

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I came up with a plan for a light dep controller that shouldn't cost more than $250 to make. At home I use a Vera Zwave controller to run house lights, grow room, hydroponic pumps, measuring 10 gallon increments ect. Zwave is a wireless remote control setup. A cheap Vera lite controller can be had for $60. Appliance 15 amp modules and dual 10 amp plug in modules are about $30. Vera can do simple on-off commands, dimming, or commands based on a time schedule, including sunrise, sunset. Vera can also do 'Scenes' where sequences or macros can be easily built to do sequential, scheduled, or if-then commands. All of this cam be overseen or operated from a cell phone or computer.

For the controller, two pairs of wires come in, one pair each motor. They get joined green to green and red to red. the power comes from four 12v automotive type solenoids(1, 2, 3, 4) powered by transformers connected to the Zwave modules. The joined red and green wires go to the solenoids. Red goes to 1 and 3. Green goes to 2 and 4. With 4 zwave modules, scenes can be created to power the solenoids reversing the polarity of the power to the motors. A little tinkering would give the exact amount of time for the extension and retraction of the light dep tarp. The tarp motors can be run from a battery.