What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Copper sulphate ppm for hydro

Gamberone

Anybody know the correct ppm at which to use copper sulphate as a fungicide/root conditioner, basically as a gold zone substitute?

I did a quick search and found nothing. This is strange, since copper sulphate powder is cheap and simple to make in a solution I expected to find something.

Dr Watt

Who What

In Hydro, guessing here, I'd stick to 500ppm as a max max constant feed, therefore 250ppm would be my regular max.

I mixed Copper Sulphate to 1000ppm and sprayed it atop media upon some algae. I may have also watered this to a test runt. Anyway, the top of the media went blue here and there after a few sprays. At first, the plants noticeably liked the ComGrade style CuSo, and no negatives after that at 1000ppm. It did kill the algae much more effectively than bleach, at plant ok levels, of course. Excess copper applied this way can be seen after water evaporates, and so, you aren't blindly adding more Element to a blank screen.

Subsequently, I resorted to obscuring extra light from the algae with just aluminium foil and panda plastic :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts