What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 bucket dwc quest

Ol'green Dad

I'm in the process of gathering all my material for a2 bucket dwc system and I was wondering if a res is necessary. I was thinking of possibly putting the biggest bulkhead fitting possible on the bucket and then a 90° with a piece of pvc sticking up capped off. There I could due testing and adding of nutes. Any suggestions?

I'm in the process of gathering all my material for a2 bucket dwc system and I was wondering if a res is necessary. I was thinking of possibly putting the biggest bulkhead fitting possible on the bucket and then a 90° with a piece of pvc sticking up capped off. There I could due testing and adding of nutes. Any suggestions?

make your sustem rdwc,is a lot easier then single dwc bucket.
you can handle the nutes and control enerything that plant need.
i ve done dwc once and was pain in the ass:tiphat:

Drop That Sound

Hey Ol' guy

2 buckets for one plant, or 2 for 2?

Could you just use single a tote with 2 net pots? Bigger the better. The more solution you can hold the more stable it will be.

A 16-27 gallon tote takes up about the same room as 2 5 gallon buckets with plumbing anyway.

If you are set with buckets I would probably go for a res.

But unless you need one and dont have the space for a large single DWC res.. why have to plumb and run a pump if you don't have to?

If you use a grommet and dark tubing you can usually twist the 90 fitting down to drain and take samples. I still don't like doing that because the water stagnates up in the pipes, you don't want areas like that. I imagine a larger diameter stationary pvc pipe in a bulkhead would be worse..

Well I actually do that on my 10 gallon bubble/fog cloner though, use it more for just a fill port. 1 1/4" pvc I think. Not as much to go bad in a cloner compared to a system I figured..

Ol'green Dad

2 buckets 2 plants. I have the tote, not actually sure of the size though. I get what your saying with the water go in stag inside a pvc pipe. I suppose I'll just run the res in the tote 🤓🤓🤓

Ol'green Dad

Ok an update on my progress in gathering needed materials. I have my bucket's, net pots, starter cubes, ph\ec pens, pump, airlines and air stones. On the lights I researching my tail on which lights to settle on. Moving has caused me to down size from a 4x2 to a 2x2. So, with those dimensions I am choosing between a 300 watt Viparspectra or a HGL 65 quantum board. I'm also thinking of starting off with a white widow af. Wasn't going to go af but with height restrictions I feel af might be a better option and white widow for low smell and easy growability. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Latest posts