What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NL5 x Haze Female Selection

thefoetus

Hi all,

We are growing out 2 packs of Mr Nice NL5xHaze in organic soil, using Nectar for the Gods nutrients. This is for a legal medical grow. We are selecting for a female 12-14 week pheno.

Azeotrope

Veteran
thefoetus - Off to a great start! Nice work! Best wishes to you for a fun grow!

I ran this strain for about 2.5 - 3yrs (2003-2006). Selected and cloned 3 exceptional ladies out of about 20 seeds that I started with. Most all of the seeds produced very nice plants that were above average. Just had to narrow it down to only the very best.

It was of high potency and very high yield. Cloned with ease, grew with lots of vigor and just generally was a pleasure to have in the garden.

thefoetus

Day 28

Day 28

Vegging under T5s on day 28

picture.php

picture.php

thefoetus

thefoetus - Off to a great start! Nice work! Best wishes to you for a fun grow!

I ran this strain for about 2.5 - 3yrs (2003-2006). Selected and cloned 3 exceptional ladies out of about 20 seeds that I started with. Most all of the seeds produced very nice plants that were above average. Just had to narrow it down to only the very best.

It was of high potency and very high yield. Cloned with ease, grew with lots of vigor and just generally was a pleasure to have in the garden.
Hi Azeotrope, thanks for sharing! I believed, until recently, that I'd never before tasted 5hz, despite my several trips to Amsterdam. I hear it's not considered commercially viable there, and I don't recall seeing it on any menus during my visits - not that I remember much of my 'dam trips :D
However, since smelling some of these phenotypes, the smell is reminiscent of, if not identical to, a cutting I had brief access to the finished buds of, back in around 2005-2006. It was beautiful, incomparably better than anything else we could access. It had an indescribable fruity, hazy aroma. It smoked like a true hybrid, a beautiful high ceiling sativa with a sufficiently relaxing indica effect. I never knew the genetics of that plant, knowing the cutting only by the name 'Conway'.
I have a feeling most of these girls will be above average! Did you grow the Mr Nice or Sensi version?

thefoetus

Early flower

Early flower

Third week of flower. We have 22 beautiful girls (out of 38 plants) which seems a healthy number to select from. The males have gone.

picture.php

picture.php

They are flowering under primarily vertical lighting, 600w HPS and 600w Solistek 4000k MH. They also have some supplemental horizontal T5 lighting, using a combination of Agromax Pure PAR (growth spectrum) and 10k lamps.

thefoetus

Week 4 NL5xHaze

Week 4 NL5xHaze

The bottom couple of branches were removed and used as clones. Some of the fan leaves were removed at the end of week 3 to allow better light penetration and airflow. The plants seemed to respond well.

thefoetus

5Hz Week 5 flower

5Hz Week 5 flower

They have been under 11/13 since flip. We heard some phenotypes express better with less light during flower.

thefoetus

Week 6 of flower, now using 3k vertical light - 2x SolisTek 4k and 3x HPS.

Attachments

• 5HZ WEEK 6 M.jpg
    5HZ WEEK 6 M.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 5HZ WEEK 6 B.jpg
    5HZ WEEK 6 B.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 5HZ WEEK 6 C.jpg
    5HZ WEEK 6 C.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 5HZ WEEK 6 E.jpg
    5HZ WEEK 6 E.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 5HZ WEEK 6 I.jpg
    5HZ WEEK 6 I.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 8

Dankwolf

Looks good minus too much N to late in flower in my opinion.

Not trying to knock you down. Strian has potential from the looks of it. Look forward to future post/threads.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Late in flower? He is only about 1/2 way. Flowers are just starting to set.

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts