What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Seeds Malawi...1st pure sativa grow

Ramsthepharoah

Same!!

Same!!

Hey RTP!! How are your Malawis doing?

They look exactly the same. They're still not producing more leaves yet... I'm going to try to do a light Nitrogen feeding. Fingers crossed. I don't know what I'm doing wrong!! How's yours?? I'll post pics tomorrow.

Levitationofme

I had an issue with my Malawi. It turned out, I needed to go down to .6 ec from 1.2
and I got greening and general healthier looking plant the next day and now some new growth of leaves.
That was Dubi's advice to me. :fartyparty:

My other Malawi ate the 1.2 fine and came out good. It was a different Pheno with the columnar flowers instead of the wild Sativa looking ones still growing in my box.

Old Toker

Mine seem to be doing OK. One of the Malawis 1st set of true leaves looked a little odd....but she is popping her second set and they look alright. This pic was taken under LEDs so it looks washed out. They all seem to have a real nice healthy green looking color. 6 days since the only time they've been watered....and so far everything looks OK......at least as far as I can tell. I'll plant the last Panama Haze into a cup sometime this weekend.

Be patient. Once they take off you'll have your hands full.

They look exactly the same. They're still not producing more leaves yet... I'm going to try to do a light Nitrogen feeding. Fingers crossed. I don't know what I'm doing wrong!! How's yours?? I'll post pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20170121_125215.jpg
    20170121_125215.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 9

Ramsthepharoah

Mine are pale...

Mine are pale...

Mine seem to be doing OK. One of the Malawis 1st set of true leaves looked a little odd....but she is popping her second set and they look alright. This pic was taken under LEDs so it looks washed out. They all seem to have a real nice healthy green looking color. 6 days since the only time they've been watered....and so far everything looks OK......at least as far as I can tell. I'll plant the last Panama Haze into a cup sometime this weekend.

Be patient. Once they take off you'll have your hands full.

Mine seem to be bouncing back. They were more yellow at first, but now I think they're starting to green up a bit. Gave them a very light nitrogen feeding bout 1/2 teaspoon in a gallon and I'm misting them a few times a day now. Going to see what happens... fingers still crossed!!

Ramsthepharoah

Thank you!!

Thank you!!

I had an issue with my Malawi. It turned out, I needed to go down to .6 ec from 1.2
and I got greening and general healthier looking plant the next day and now some new growth of leaves.
That was Dubi's advice to me. :fartyparty:

My other Malawi ate the 1.2 fine and came out good. It was a different Pheno with the columnar flowers instead of the wild Sativa looking ones still growing in my box.
Thanks for the recommendation!! I never really test for EC though I should and now o will. I usually just check the PH of the water, but now I'm going to start. I gave it a light feeding of veg nutes bout 1/2 a teaspoon in a gallon and it seems to be working. I'll give it about a week.

Ramsthepharoah

Pics

Pics

Here is a pic of how they're doing. They seem to be bouncing back but time will tell. I can already tell this is going to be different from any other grow I've ever done. Still looking forward to this learning experience!!

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 19

SmokingBandit

I'm going to pull up a chair.
I just found ace seeds I was about to think I would never get a real sativa.
I have 3 different ones coming this is one wish I had found them sooner I'd be running them instead of c99.
I'm so happy you all share your grows it will help me greatly.
Good luck!

Ramsthepharoah

No... thank you!!

No... thank you!!

I have 3 different ones coming this is one wish I had found them sooner I'd be running them instead of c99.
Good luck!
No...Thank you!! Welcome to the Party!!
:tiphat:

Ramsthepharoah

C99 thread??

C99 thread??

Good luck!

Are you going to start a C99 thread?? I heard she is the foundation of a lot of great strains!! I would def. love to watch her grow.

Ramsthepharoah

I'm proud to report that the malawis are doing great. Gave them a very light high Nitrogen feeding and they seem to be bouncing back. Getting more leaf formation and they're also greening up. I'm going to invest in an EC Meter here very soon. I see I'm going to have to be a little more methodical with the way I grow these Malawis... thanks for the suggestion @Levetationofme !!

Old Toker

Hey RTP.....hope your Malawi girls are doing well. Thought I'd update with some pics. These popped up 17 days ago....and were up-potted to solo cups 2 weeks ago today. Waiting on some new coco before I up-pot to 1 gal trade pots. Hopefully within the next couple of days. Roots look ready now.
Still having problems maintaining 70% RH......humidifier is arriving tomorrow. Hope that will help....in the mean time I've just been misting the room and plants. Doesn't last long ....but it does seem to help.
Post some pics if you get a chance.:tiphat:

Attachments

• 20170129_193149_001.jpg
    20170129_193149_001.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20170129_193125.jpg
    20170129_193125.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170129_193119.jpg
    20170129_193119.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170129_193046_001.jpg
    20170129_193046_001.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20170129_193040.jpg
    20170129_193040.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 7

Ramsthepharoah

Malawis Doin Fine!!

Malawis Doin Fine!!

Peace Family!! The I'm so relieved to say that the Malawi are doing well now they've really fought and recovered. They're green onece again and the purpling of the stem is leaving. I've been misting them several times a day with a very light Foxfarm veg nute (1/2 tsp. Per gallon) and that has seemed to really help. You can already see the side lateral leaves starting to grow between the inter-nodal space and they are very hairy like a baby Tarantula (lol). I've also noticed that upon rubbing the leaves and stems that one of them smells like grapefruit peels and the other smells like a peppery grapefruit peel. I've also transitioned them from a 250W HPS to a dimmable 600W MH and the MH is running at about 75% capacity. The temp stays around 80-86F and about 25-30% relative humidity. I too am having a difficult time keeping humidity up like @Oldtoker , so I regularly mist the tent. I'm about to add a vent fan to the tent that will attach to the lamp so I can run it at 100% brightness and decrease the heat. This will allow me to close the tent and hopefully it will increase the relative humidity as a result (I'll keep you guys posted on the results of that theory after it has been tested). Anyway, thanks for taking the time out to read this long ass post...lol...

P.S.
I'm also running 1 sour cheese, 1 cherry pie, 3 Super Lemon Haze clones (re-vegging), 1 Black Eyed Katy S1 mother (re-vegging), 1 Black Eyed Katy S1 seedling, and 4 S2 Blackeyed Katy seedlings from the Phenotype that I really enjoyed and selfed.

Attachments

• IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 17

Ramsthepharoah

Thanks 4 update!!

Thanks 4 update!!

Hey RTP.....hope your Malawi girls are doing well. Thought I'd update with some pics. These popped up 17 days ago....and were up-potted to solo cups 2 weeks ago today. Waiting on some new coco before I up-pot to 1 gal trade pots. Hopefully within the next couple of days. Roots look ready now.
Still having problems maintaining 70% RH......humidifier is arriving tomorrow. Hope that will help....in the mean time I've just been misting the room and plants. Doesn't last long ....but it does seem to help.
Post some pics if you get a chance.:tiphat:

Thanks for the update!! My girls are doing well and I'm glad to see that yours are doing well also. Those roots look very healthy and strong and looks like you're about to transplant right before they start wrapping around the solo cup and become root bound. You're doing a great job and I'm glad that we're growing together at the same time. Our plants look around the same age give or take a few leaves and that will help us compare notes!! :friends:

Old Toker

Plants are looking good Ramsthepharoah! Interesting that we seem to be using the same color solo cups....red. My different strains are in different color cups....helps me to easily identify them when they are seedlings. Eventually (next pot) they'll get plant labels....but now....writing on a disposable plastic cup is too easy.
Keep up the good work and keep us updated.:tiphat:

Ramsthepharoah

That's what I do...

That's what I do...

Plants are looking good Ramsthepharoah! Interesting that we seem to be using the same color solo cups....red. My different strains are in different color cups....helps me to easily identify them when they are seedlings. Eventually (next pot) they'll get plant labels....but now....writing on a disposable plastic cup is too easy.
Keep up the good work and keep us updated.:tiphat:

Thank you. I'm so relieved that they're doing good now. That's exactly what I do...lol... I write permanent marker on the solo cups and when I transplant I label a piece of tape on the pot. Keep me updated on your grow as well. Have you fed them yet or are you still using plain water?? Also what medium are you growing in??

Old Toker

I'm also running 1 sour cheese, 1 cherry pie, 3 Super Lemon Haze clones (re-vegging), 1 Black Eyed Katy S1 mother (re-vegging), 1 Black Eyed Katy S1 seedling, and 4 S2 Blackeyed Katy seedlings from the Phenotype that I really enjoyed and selfed.
Unless I miscounted....looks like you've got 13 plants in your tent? The good news is I think your humidity problems are going to decrease as your plants get bigger and start raising the RH.
How are you planning to water all of them?

Ramsthepharoah

Yep...

Yep...

Unless I miscounted....looks like you've got 13 plants in your tent? The good news is I think your humidity problems are going to decrease as your plants get bigger and start raising the RH.
How are you planning to water all of them?
Hopefully 15. I just took a cutting from the CP and the SC, so hopefully they successfully root. They're all in different stages so I'm just going to water them as needed. In about two weeks the cherry pie and sour cheese is going into a flowering tent. And I'm going to Continue to Veg the others until they're ready, but I hand water everything. It's very enjoyable to me. I love watching my babies grow and spending time in the room when I get home. I'm working on trying to create a perpetual harvest. I want to be harvesting once a month.

Old Toker

Have you fed them yet or are you still using plain water?? Also what medium are you growing in??
I'm growing in 100% coco. Unfortunately this is my first coco grow and I think I may have bought some coco that is too fine. Evidently you need longer fibers for proper drainage and air. Having never used coco before I didn't know what it was suppose to look like. Anyway....found a recent thread from a guy that was having issues with water retention using the same brand of coco as I was and now I'm waiting for my new....and highly recommended coco to arrive.
So.....in answer to your first question: yes I have fed them....but lightly and not very often. I am trying to give them time to dry out between feedings....and it's taking awhile. When they go into the one gal pots they will start to get stronger dosages of nutes. Still need to do the wet/dry cycles for root development....but I am hoping the new coco will dry quicker.
Still using the 300w LED.....and hopefully can get enough coverage in the next pots (1 gal) so that I can continue. Doesn't produce a lot of heat or use a lot of electricity. It supposedly covers 3x3 with best coverage at 2x2. Currently have it about 18 inches above the canopy....and so far it seems to be working fine.
In a couple of weeks when I up-pot to their final homes (2 gal smart pots)...I'll break out the 860w CDM and start training them for a vertical grow.
FWIW- my other seedlings are also doing well...but I think the Golden Tigers are developing the fastest.
Good luck and keep us updated.:tiphat:

Ramsthepharoah

Sounds good...

Sounds good...

I'm growing in 100% coco. Unfortunately this is my first coco grow and I think I may have bought some coco that is too fine. Evidently you need longer fibers for proper drainage and air. Having never used coco before I didn't know what it was suppose to look like. Anyway....found a recent thread from a guy that was having issues with water retention using the same brand of coco as I was and now I'm waiting for my new....and highly recommended coco to arrive.
So.....in answer to your first question: yes I have fed them....but lightly and not very often. I am trying to give them time to dry out between feedings....and it's taking awhile. When they go into the one gal pots they will start to get stronger dosages of nutes. Still need to do the wet/dry cycles for root development....but I am hoping the new coco will dry quicker.
Still using the 300w LED.....and hopefully can get enough coverage in the next pots (1 gal) so that I can continue. Doesn't produce a lot of heat or use a lot of electricity. It supposedly covers 3x3 with best coverage at 2x2. Currently have it about 18 inches above the canopy....and so far it seems to be working fine.
In a couple of weeks when I up-pot to their final homes (2 gal smart pots)...I'll break out the 860w CDM and start training them for a vertical grow.
FWIW- my other seedlings are also doing well...but I think the Golden Tigers are developing the fastest.
Good luck and keep us updated.:tiphat:

Sounds good and I wish you to best. Keep me posted on your progress as well.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts