What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Seeds Malawi...1st pure sativa grow

Ramsthepharoah

Peace Family and Happy Kwanzaa!!... I'm excited and kind of nervous all at the same damn time. Lol. I've been growing organic medicine for myself and my family, but it's always been indicas or indica leaning hybrids. Now I've decided to venture into the medicinal and genetic possibilities of pure landrace sativas. I ever since I've been growing cannabis I've dreamed of one day growing 10 foot tall pure sativas on my own piece of Heaven/land. While I'm unable to grow outdoors in the Deep South. I've decided to undertake the only other possible thing, which is attemp to grow indoors. I'm tired of waiting and believe I can achieve some of my cannabis dreams in a 4x4x6 grow tent under a 600W HPS. My variety of choice will be ACE seeds Malawi. I have been researching this strain on and off for 2 years now and am semi-confident that I can tame this beast in a controlled indoor invironment via topping and LST techniques. From what I've researched, this is an amazing plant full of promise everyone that's grown it has enjoyed her Divine fruit... well... the time has finally come, because the good folks at ACE have successfully delivered my precious cargo!!! And am now Germinating two baby beans as of tonight Jan 1st 2017... this will be a year to remember with this girl!!!!:dance013:

Ramsthepharoah

P.S.
Sorry for 4 of the same pics trying to learn how to use these forum threads all while doing it from my phone... and here they are soaking

Ramsthepharoah

Most people shy away from males, but I embrace them!! I'm hoping I get at least one, so that I may pheno hunt subsequent generations of this great strain and even cross her with my Black eyed Katy that I've been growing since mid 2015. Although she is almost pure indica, she isn't as natcotic as OG and Urkle leaning strains. Though she does have a nice body effect, she doesn't hammer you too hard (in the beginning). She also keeps it in the head a bit in the frontal lobe and behind the eyes. She also helps with my wife's back pain and has cured my wife's arthritis since I've been juicing her raw flowers in the morning along with other organic fruits, herbs and spices.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71014&pictureid=1690630

troutman

Seed Whore
Tip #1: With pure Sativas feed them very little.

For example: a 4" pot full of soil can feed a plant for a month easily.

Too many people throw the proverbial kitchen sink full of nutrients at Sativas and get into problems.

Stay away from those soils loaded with too many nutrients.

Save those for Indicas.

Ramsthepharoah

Thanks

Thanks

Tip #1: With pure Sativas feed them very little.

For example: a 4" pot full of soil can feed a plant for a month easily.

Too many people throw the proverbial kitchen sink full of nutrients at Sativas and get into problems.

Stay away from those soils loaded with too many nutrients.

Save those for Indicas.

Thank you sir. We're definitely on the same page in that regard. I plan on purchasing the black gold potting soil for veg and mixing a very light supersoil and feeding with only water. Maybe some organic unrefined honey the 10th and 11th week and then straight water again for the remaining weeks. What are your thoughts on this?? And also on me veging under a 250W and flowering under the 600??

troutman

Seed Whore
I've never used honey. I have used molasses though.

I'm not saying you can't fertilize them at all.

Just go very easy when you do and wait a while before you do it again.

A 600 watt light for flowering will do just fine.

Ramsthepharoah

Thanks for the feedback. I've been using super soil the past year and a half and it been pretty good to me in terms of terpene profile and flavor. I read somewhere that the raw honey would work, I used it and it seemed to work. Though the results may be anecdotal. It seemed to make my indica more resinous.

Levitationofme

I am going to move to super soil in one of my grows. I hear they are fine for Sativas.
Terpene suggested one of Dank Franks mixes to me.
Grats on deciding to grow the Malawi. I have a couple and they are great fun.
I had 2 completely different Phenos. One is done and in the jar, one is 1/2 way done w flowering and is getting me excited. Although it's taking 2x as long lol.

Ace gear ftw

Ramsthepharoah

I am going to move to super soil in one of my grows. I hear they are fine for Sativas.
Terpene suggested one of Dank Franks mixes to me.
Grats on deciding to grow the Malawi. I have a couple and they are great fun.
I had 2 completely different Phenos. One is done and in the jar, one is 1/2 way done w flowering and is getting me excited. Although it's taking 2x as long lol.

Ace gear ftw

I'm just now germinating. Have a long road ahead, but I can't wait until I'm trimming her up!!🙃 How long did it take for your first one to flower and what does it smell/taste(dry toke)/smoke/feel like??

Levitationofme

I went 12/12 from seed. So i didnt veg at all.
Check the thread "my 2 malawi" in ace forums.
It is my Malawi grow. Nothing new posted for couple weeks.

Levitationofme

I dont have a scale lol. Im just in it for the self supply.. but I did fill 1.5 mason jars with
buds. You have MUCH more room then I, and more light so if you set it up and grow it
you will get a much bigger plant.

Not to mention I have a height restriction in my box so I was zealous as far as trying to restrict growth.

Ramsthepharoah

Same here

Same here

I have plenty of lateral space, but my ceiling in the tent is only 6' high and the light will be taking up 6" and the distance from top of tallest bud to bulb should be about 1' so maybe I'll have 4.5' to grow vertically. How tall did you girls reach from floor to top of tallest bud?? I saw you had the very stretchy one too as the 2nd Phenotype. How was the smoke and dry toke as well. I'm just so excited to be growing her that I want to know all about her...lol. I want to make sure I keep the best pheno that's specific to my needs.

Levitationofme

I moved from 1 gal to 3 gal smart pots .

1 gallon will keep um smallish in soil. Training to get as many bud sites. Then if i really like it i transplant into 3 gallon and i restricted growth
As well. I have 5 ft less pot and lights about 4 ft of plant.

My setup suited better for a blanket of clones
In hydro, but im not that smart.

Levitationofme

The buds are all curing, down to 63% moisture in the vault. This batch needs a long cure.
I also did a sweat cure on a couple buds. That takes a month at least.
Each time I try a bit it gets stronger. Working on putting into words how it works on my mind.
Big surprise I like it.

:smokeit:

Ramsthepharoah

Smart pots

Smart pots

Smart pots shall be my next investment. I've heard certain ones have Velcro sides that make transplanting easier.

Ramsthepharoah

Sounds good!!

Sounds good!!

The buds are all curing, down to 63% moisture in the vault. This batch needs a long cure.
I also did a sweat cure on a couple buds. That takes a month at least.
Each time I try a bit it gets stronger. Working on putting into words how it works on my mind.
Big surprise I like it.

:smokeit:

Sounds very interesting. I saw on your thread that you are you curing in cobbs?? I've never tried that. How's that smoke??

Levitationofme

my best experience w cobbs is with eating them. 1/2 gram is a knock out shot and only needed if you are zinging along on something very strong stimulant wise. Not that I would condone such use
:biglaugh:

My first cobb was made with Popcorn buds so It was ok. As Tangewana said in thread that what goes in is important quality wise. . Quality very important. I have some sweat cured buds in the vault, and plan on a couple Cobbs of my next plant a Zameldica.

Last cobb made from Indica heavy Chem Dog which is just a great sunday all day stoning .2 grams is quite enough. Leaves room to do a few more bongs along the way

The second Malawi will also be a subject of Cobbing when it is done.

:abduct:

Latest posts

Latest posts