What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best 100% indica?

LostTribe

Premium user
Actually being that I am becoming more of a Purist as the days go by I would stay clear of polyhybrids as they all come with far too much variation when grown from seed. With a stabilized IBL you will get plants that exhibit much more uniformity in their growth patterns.

I would recommend Maple Leaf Indica as a pure 100% Afghan Indica.

J

jaded1

Bodhi's black triangle does it for me.Everyone who tried her struggled to smoke more than half a joint before falling asleep.

Happy Times

Hello gardeners,my last couple of grows I've done mostly sativa strains. Just before Xmas I grew thseeds fem bubblegum (excellent plants) and at the moment I'm doing f/s c99 which I'm having a horrible grow with. The thing is I'm not too keen on sativa highs so for my next grow I want a knock out indica to send me to sleep. Can anybody recommend me some indica strains that don't stink to much but will give me couchlock?

Not specifically on low odor but this is a good indica thread

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=344885

Low odor? Northern Lights comes to mind, I picked up some Nirvana NL last summer, and Blue Mystic, both for low odor. I didn’t get around to popping these though. Maybe White Russian?

I would say northern lights because that's low odour and is recommended as a strain for sleep on leafly
Sorry I can't help more I am looking for sleepy strains myself for insomnia.hope you find something

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Northern lights was a good strain strain for me in the past. Was one of the best indicas I've had to be honest. Got some seeds that I'll have to pop next year.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Recently ,, Grandoggy purps and older varietys like Sensi star,,warlock,,,s2

Easy7

Veteran
Northern lights is not 100% indica. It's thai which is sativa with the indica afghani. There are very few 100% indicas.

Indica dominates 50/50 crosses. There are hundreds of indica dominate crosses. For a fem sweet afghan deliscious looks good, it's a black domina selfed.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everything you cultivate is sativa.

Indica is latin for india!

Sam Skunkman & Robert Connel Clark were the first, that I'm aware of, to incorrectly use those terms.

If you desire 100% Indica...
You desire 100% Indian genetics!
Good luck with that.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There really are not many true indica varieties left.

I understand the "misusage" of terms, but in a way, the culture is being lost. These terms we use were developed underground, without any help from the colleges and modern academics. In a way, to change these terms is to force us to conform in order to make the industry "valid" by their standards.

There is no such thing as SATIVA either, then technically, if we are going to to that route. It's narrow leaf dominant and wide leaf dominant.

However, I think we should force THEM to adapt our language because it is the language that is understood by tens of millions who have fostered and grown and participated in this industry. They are industry specific terminologies and I see no reason just to toss them aside.

These errors exist and remain in many other botanical kingdoms as well. They exist because the naming schemes were made based on the best current understood information available at the time.

dank.Frank

ambertrichome

Veteran
Underground Seeds Collective... Black Afghani.. PreSoviet Invasion Kandahar IBL

Coastal Seeds NL1 x Pacific Northwest Hashplant.

Hazeman 88 G13 x Hashplant.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There really are not many true indica varieties left.

I understand the "misusage" of terms, but in a way, the culture is being lost. These terms we use were developed underground, without any help from the colleges and modern academics. In a way, to change these terms is to force us to conform in order to make the industry "valid" by their standards.

There is no such thing as SATIVA either, then technically, if we are going to to that route. It's narrow leaf dominant and wide leaf dominant.

However, I think we should force THEM to adapt our language because it is the language that is understood by tens of millions who have fostered and grown and participated in this industry. They are industry specific terminologies and I see no reason just to toss them aside.

These errors exist and remain in many other botanical kingdoms as well. They exist because the naming schemes were made based on the best current understood information available at the time.

dank.Frank

But your assertions are incorrect DF.
Lineas described Cannabis sativa long antecedent to the existence of the industry.

It was lawsuits, along with misinformation being presented to uneducated judges in California that partially led to this paradigm.
Stoners duping judges & juries previous to their (stoners) exodus to Europe.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Everything you cultivate is sativa.

Indica is latin for india!

Sam Skunkman & Robert Connel Clark were the first, that I'm aware of, to incorrectly use those terms.

If you desire 100% Indica...
You desire 100% Indian genetics!
Good luck with that.

When C. Indica was named, in the 18th century, India's/Mughal empire's borders went farther to the north as they do nowadays, and even included parts of Afghanistan.
:)

Northern lights is not pure indica. I love how nl is constantly talked about yet when was the last time you've seen anyone showing off an awesome nl?

Originally NL was a pure indica, but many NLs of today have Hawaiian genetics in them from NL5

Here's some info from the original breeder of the NL-lines:

NL Seattle Greg said:
Northern lights # 1 was Nevils Afghani crossed with the Seattle Afghan strain form Steve Murphy.

I have been breeding since 1970 and he got NL from me. I sent seed to Ben and Kees at Sensi too for giving me the nutrient formula for Grodan and Seattle water.

The 11 strains were graded by height and flavor for indoor growing. The #1 was a short phenotype pure Indica from Afghanistan as was #2,3, & 4. #5 to #11 were the Hybrids with the narrow leaved strains we worked with.

The 11 packets of seed Nevil received were graded the #1 ,2, 3, were 100% indica, #5 the clone I traded Herbie Nelson for was 50% Afghani & 50% Hawaiian sativa. The others #6-#11 were crosses with Columbian, Thai, and Mexican Sativas. Nevil then sold out to Ben, became partners with Arjan, and then hooked up with the Mr. Nice Crew.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7172832&postcount=69

G

growhigh1233

tried loads of indica but im still a sucker for a good northern lights .............. pheno i love in a resin bomb with notable stretch .............prefer it over the short Christmas tree phenos

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Northern lights is not pure indica. I love how nl is constantly talked about yet when was the last time you've seen anyone showing off an awesome nl?

Time frame is irrelevant.

NL is (so called) indica, for all intents & purposes.

The MNS Ortega (NL1 x NL5) I grew showed zero NLD traits & was a cherry flavored, heavy hitting bomb shell. She was bad ass! Unfornutately, I'm not into sitting around drooling on myself all day so haven't grown it since.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When C. Indica was named, in the 18th century, India's/Mughal empire's borders went farther to the north as they do nowadays, and even included parts of Afghanistan.

Good info but that doesnt really change the paradigm of misinformation being an acceptable norm.

Which it seems to be... In this budding industry!

Easy7

Veteran
Someone on the forums, skunkman perhaps said that there is narrow leaf indica and wide leaf indica...all sativa is hemp.

It's simply linguistics. Yet, important that people have consistency in communication.

There are too many varieties to choose from. Sadly there are no ace seed stores in the states. Serious lacking of narrow leaf varieties available without customs risks. Still pulling for some sort of national legalization where options open up. There will always be a black market as long as there are profits and legal restraints. I'd just most simply and humbly like to see more legal options, or any legal option that isn't total bs.

Anyhow, classic seeds had a Northern Lights that was claimed to be from the original breeders seedstock. There were narrow leaf pheno's in those. All sorts of phenos. The later NL that hit the market was from 3 mothers. Not exactly certain but I thought they worked an afghan male for pollen....really not sure about that it's a bit hazy in my recollection.