What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Philippine Kalinga

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Psykonaut,

Please feel free to share your experience with your local philippine sativas, we know very little about their origins, subvarieties, etc ....

16 % THC and 16 % CBD sounds too high for a landrace tropical sativa (especially the CBD rate) but if it's true ... damn i want to experience it :D

Limeygreen

Veteran
I had given a pinoy some limon verde many years ago, they grew up in the 70's in the phillipines and it sounds like their varieties were more like Mexican or thai varieties. Upbeat, strong, giggly and fun. Their problem with limon verde was that is was too weak but it seemed to have the feeling they remember just weaker.

Kush_Kloud

Hi Dubi how are you? Have you been working on inbreeding this kalinga strain lately? It has been a while since this thread has been started, I would love to see how the line looks currently. I know you are very busy but when you get the time and space can you get back to working on this lovely kalinga strain?

KK

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi all,

I gave some P2 Kalinga seeds i reproduced to a few growers and breeders, but i haven't worked with this strain for a decade ... hopefully in the future when we have the chance.
We are quite busy at the moment with other projects.

This Kalinga sativa is not the typical SE asian green sativa pheno that can be widely found in Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand, maybe is more related to the purple Laotian sativas but i'm not fully sure. I sent some Kalinga seeds to Phylos for the DNA study, hopefully in the future we can learn more about its origin. I have other Philippine sativas lines in seed form i haven't had the chance to explore yet.
Thanks for your interest

thxcannabis

Hi Dubi- Thanks for the update! I look forward to the progress of this project as Kalinga genetics seem to be very hard to obtain with the current situation in the Philippines. Really interested in the genetic testing results. Thanks again.

subbed, if anybody knows where anymore of the Philippine kalinga can be found please don't hesitate to contact me, these interest me very much and the reports on it having a unique high and refined terpene profiles of jasmine are really appealing

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yep, i still immensely miss the jasmine terpenes and lovely warm and clear effect of that Kalinga female, others Kalinga females were mediocre, but that female (the one in the pics) was really special, i have never found something similar again in landraces or modern hybrids. That's why is so important to explore and preserve landraces, they can be the source of new expressions not found in today's commercial genepool flooded with Kush and Skunk poly hybrids.

thxcannabis

FYI- there is a Facebook group called MonsterBud Philippines (Grow Your Own)...if you search the group for Kalinga lots of interesting results.

Latest posts

Latest posts