What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Questions : Wilma 4, feed and Scrog.

slevin_

Hi guys,
first time for me with Auto's, in the next day probably i buy a Wilma 4 system and i wanna try to grow Autoflower inside.
Normally i grow regular seeds but i'm curious and i wanna try AF for the first time.

I've 2-3 question for the AF growfriends.

1) if i star in wilma system (50liters tank and 4x11Liters Pot) i start feed (i've ADV ph perfect pack) first week or is not necessary?
2) i wanna try scrog, with LST i know it's better but i don't want problem with stem. It's ok if i put the net at 10-15 cm and start scrog immediately for direct stem?
3) Can the solution be changed every 7 days with autoflowers?

Thank you all for the answers and sorry for the poor English :tiphat:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
i would skip wilma for its fixed place of the pots, go with a grodan table with pots or just build your own drain table,
or check the
Nutriculture FLO-GRO 520 system . you can use it more versatile than a wilma.

1: start with ro water and a very light solution like 0.3 -0.4 mS EC

2: you can bend it anytime if necessery, but possible to get good yield without training them, depends on the variety.

3. if your tank is clean, you need only change it when switching the profile of the nutes completely, 2-3 times through the cycle or once more the last few days

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Hi guys,
first time for me with Auto's, in the next day probably i buy a Wilma 4 system and i wanna try to grow Autoflower inside.
Normally i grow regular seeds but i'm curious and i wanna try AF for the first time.

I've 2-3 question for the AF growfriends.

1) if i star in wilma system (50liters tank and 4x11Liters Pot) i start feed (i've ADV ph perfect pack) first week or is not necessary?
2) i wanna try scrog, with LST i know it's better but i don't want problem with stem. It's ok if i put the net at 10-15 cm and start scrog immediately for direct stem?
3) Can the solution be changed every 7 days with autoflowers?

Thank you all for the answers and sorry for the poor English :tiphat:
For no particular reason: why do you want to grow AF indoors vs outdoors? I too have never started/finished an AF seed and wonder what the big shit is about them. Why not just do regs indoors?

slevin_

i would skip wilma for its fixed place of the pots, go with a grodan table with pots or just build your own drain table,
or check the
Nutriculture FLO-GRO 520 system . you can use it more versatile than a wilma.

1: start with ro water and a very light solution like 0.3 -0.4 mS EC

2: you can bend it anytime if necessery, but possible to get good yield without training them, depends on the variety.

3. if your tank is clean, you need only change it when switching the profile of the nutes completely, 2-3 times through the cycle or once more the last few days

Thank you for the answer Whipedmeat,
unfortunally i've to buy wilma from my friend for a few euros, low budget for me this time! I see the Flo-gro, really nice system and conformtable but i can't buy for now (thanks for reporting).

1 -i've ro water and ec meter, i will follow your advice for nuts
2- I know auto are not good with training but i've a 180cm tall GB, less 40cm of wilma, 20-30cm of spudnik and i've really low space, i think 100-110cm clear for plants. Scrog is my only alternative, little little scrog just to direct the stem.
Better little lst for you?
3 - Thank you for this, i read in one post i've to change every 7 days, other post 14 days, other post veg and bloom and stop lol

Thank you man! :tiphat:

slevin_

For no particular reason: why do you want to grow AF indoors vs outdoors? I too have never started/finished an AF seed and wonder what the big shit is about them. Why not just do regs indoors?

I wanna try snook, i've a lot of free seeds and i wanna grow someone.
I can not judge AF without having tried!

:tiphat:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
you will enjoy them, as i stated in an other thread you decide everything in the first few weeks, give them a good enviroment, high humidity, good lights, low nutrients and raise only if you see deficiency, good aerated nutrient tank, temperature in the range of 18-24Celsius, lights can run 24/0 for the first weeks, and can set it back to 20/4 or 18/6 after the 3.-4. weeks. this way you can get a heavy harvest.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I wanna try snook, i've a lot of free seeds and i wanna grow someone.
I can not judge AF without having tried!

:tiphat:
Good Luck with them Slevin..
Good stuff WM..

I'll hang here and hopefully we'll us some good first hand news/education, thanks

slevin_

Good Luck with them Slevin..
Good stuff WM..
I'll hang here and hopefully we'll us some good first hand news/education, thanks

Snook, to answer your comment in reputation.
I apologize for the poor English, with free beans I mean seeds given away by a friend not a free gift.

They are good seeds that I have not paid, I would like to try.

Thanks for the rest :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts