What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New to smoking bong or bubbler?

sodgod

I've only smoked out of pipes, and I'm not a fan. They're very harsh and get gross fast.

I've heard bongs can hit you pretty hard, I'd rather have a nice mellow smoke if that makes sense.

does a bubbler make more sense? Anything I should look for?

theJointedOne

Veteran
Bubblers are just like bongs, as they are water filtered. However the bubbler is a bit of a slower draw as opposed to a quick pull of a bong hit.

I find the quality of weed makes a difference as much as the smoking method. Good weed is better on the throat than poor herb.

If you find smoking too harsh, check out vaping.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
You need a 3' plastic bong!

Just kidding of course..

Keep in mind water pipes need to be cleaned so make sure what you get is easily cleanable. I would recommend a straight glass tube with an Ash catcher attachment. Which keeps the piece cleaner and adds diffusion, smooth hit. Simple, effective.

Vaping makes me want to smoke weed or combust as the kids say. Just my opinion..

Good luck

sodgod

haha plastic. Hmm I like the look of beakers what are your thoughts on those? I'll look into ashcatchers

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bongs & bubblers get nasty quick & need to be cleaned often due to ash & tar (resin) buildup. If they aren’t cleaned, they’re nasty to puff on!

If your buds are harsh they’ll be harsh in either of the mentioned devices as well, IME.

For concentrates, I actually prefer a bong as the vapor stream can be exceptionally hot & burn the throat. But vapes shouldn’t be used above about 750F due to benzene rings being released (carcinogenic).

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
The quality of weed is a good point. Isn't vaping expensive or no? Can I get buy with a cheap one?
IMMHO I would try a friends vaporizer. I am a vaper but, simply cannot smoke or vape cannabis anymore, although we are only inhaling teh cannabis vapours, I go into a coughing fit :(

MrBungle

Beaker bongs +1 an ash catcher is exactly what it sounds like.... plus it might percolate the water and smoke a lil more before it gets to you.. The water still gets stale really quick... that is the down side to bongs... stinky water... bubblers get stinky and dirty even faster....

What type of pipe do you currently use? for dry bowls I prefer a hammer style or a sherlock... something with a deep body under the bowl so it doesn't clog so fast....

I also like to use a glass caltrop ( glass screen that looks like a jack) it prevents herb from clogging my bowl and flying into my mouth when i take a hit....

also like to use hemp wick... it makes for a more enjoyable smoking experience over all

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol at caltrop! You a ninja too?! But yeah a glass bong with a diffuser ashcatcher is the best in my opinion.just gotta religiously clean them

russjcan

I use a bubbler without water. Bong water splashing isn't a good thing. I knew a guy in high school class of 75 that put rum in his bong then drank it.

sodgod

bubblers get stinky and dirty even faster....

Ok bong it is then. I use some stupid cheap pipe I got from a shady shop near me.

I'm looking at a 12" beaker bong. Also ashcatchers are almost as much as the bong haha

Maybe thats a purchase down the road. I'll look into hempwick also.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
:tiphat:Hi!
What do you think about silicon bongs and pipes? Аre they safe and ecological?

I love them.. they are super easy to clean (tar will slide off when pushed), never break when u drop them and I think they just look cool.
picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
The Eyce piece still in box in middle. There is a Rasta color version on top shelf all the way to the left. I love these.
Has a big storage compartment/dab station built in the bottom. Stores herb, glass bowl piece and wax/concentrate.
It's perfect for traveling. There is a magnet ring on stem to hold a lighter. If you take that off, bong will cram into suitcase and safely pass thru airport metal detector- without breaking

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I like the one on front left also, and use it quite a bit (as we speak), but it's just sitting there because it's too tall to fit on the shelf with the rest of the reds.

MrBungle

Just a quick search and they are pretty affordable compared to glass... I'm thinking about getting one for my buddy with butter fingers... LOL

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
When I got into wax I started getting the non stick containers. Then I figured if wax won't stick, then neither would tar and bong resin. I was right! I just take a wooden poker and resin slides right off.
Then a quick rinse with alcohol and it's brand new.