Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > The Wizards of Oz > The origins of Ducksfoot.

Thread Title Search
The origins of Ducksfoot. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2016, 06:33 AM #1
Cernunnos

Cernunnos has a spectacular aura aboutCernunnos has a spectacular aura aboutCernunnos has a spectacular aura aboutCernunnos has a spectacular aura about
The origins of Ducksfoot.

I've some Duckies for the summer ahead. I'm wondering what the genetic background of the Ducks are. If this topic has been covered here can someone point me too that info? So are there any Duck enthusiasts willing to chime in?
Cernunnos is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:42 PM #2
Donald Mallard

Donald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant future
Hey cerunnos,
We are not sure of the origin's,
But with some modern tech we may have a better idea in the future...
Donald Mallard is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:11 AM #3
corky1968
Banned

Location: Living in a Trichome. These are the Best Homes in the World.
corky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud of
Talking

An old man came down from the Chilean mountains told me the truth about Ducksfoot Cannabis.

He explained to me that a flock of Muscovy ducks were flying near a field of a cannabis and ate
some seeds. Then they made their way South to Antarctica from Argentina and got hit with a
Japanese oil slick contaminated with radioactive material.

By the time the cannabis seeds passed thru the ducks gut they were mutated.

Now they grow with webbing like ducks feet.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
corky1968 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:38 AM #4
Chimera
Genetic Resource Management

Chimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond repute
Donald has agreed to help acquire some duck's foot samples to see if we can identify a SNP related to the Duck lines...if we find such a SNP we can then start sorting through other data points to see where we might see that SNP turn up, and possible track where and when the mutation arose. We know it exists in multiple lines, and is recessive so it can and does pop up occasionally in different seed lines.

Thanks for your help with this one Donald, it's much appreciated!

-Chimera

Last edited by Chimera; 06-18-2016 at 03:17 AM..
Chimera is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:26 AM #5
Donald Mallard

Donald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant futureDonald Mallard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbean View Post
Wally's duckfoot was one of the legendary strains mynbuddy who mentored me back in the day used to rave about....

What does it taste like?
The original seeds i acquired of it were mixed ,
had some webbed leaf plants and some non webbed ,
boy did it stink ,
a friend said he could smell it outside his closed car after he left some in there and wondered how i ever transported it ..
Taste was delicious , and you could taste it a long time afterwards ,, coffee , lemon , hash , real lick your lips sort of taste ...

I messed up in my reproduction of it unfortunately,
having learnt a lot since then i know where i went wrong ,
and the original seeds a friend held for me went missing , so there was no way to return to where we started ..

It was all good experience though ...

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:47 AM #6
canned abyss1

canned abyss1 is a glorious beacon of lightcanned abyss1 is a glorious beacon of lightcanned abyss1 is a glorious beacon of lightcanned abyss1 is a glorious beacon of lightcanned abyss1 is a glorious beacon of lightcanned abyss1 is a glorious beacon of lightcanned abyss1 is a glorious beacon of lightcanned abyss1 is a glorious beacon of lightcanned abyss1 is a glorious beacon of lightcanned abyss1 is a glorious beacon of lightcanned abyss1 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Mallard View Post
The original seeds i acquired of it were mixed ,
had some webbed leaf plants and some non webbed ,
boy did it stink ,
a friend said he could smell it outside his closed car after he left some in there and wondered how i ever transported it ..
Taste was delicious , and you could taste it a long time afterwards ,, coffee , lemon , hash , real lick your lips sort of taste ...

I messed up in my reproduction of it unfortunately,
having learnt a lot since then i know where i went wrong ,
and the original seeds a friend held for me went missing , so there was no way to return to where we started ..

It was all good experience though ...
Hows it going Donald, sorry to hear that you lost the seeds, I still have a female and six more seeds from the original pack I purchased. When I can get a chance I am going to sprout those and hopefully get a male or two and do an open pollination. If all goes well I would like to give some of those seeds back to you.

Black Creek Gardens

Along came a Spyder.

https://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=112296

Spyderweb (purple webbed leaf autoflower)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=225899
canned abyss1 is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:17 AM #7
Donald Mallard

Hey guys ,
many thanks for your offers,
but they are all actually after my mistake ,, hehe ..
though i do recommend that you make those beans canned abyss1..
they are most certainly useful and i would grow some ,
while they are not the same as the first plants i grew ,
they are still really fun to grow ,
and the pot still puts a wide grin on my dial ...

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:47 PM #8
Cernunnos

Cernunnos has a spectacular aura aboutCernunnos has a spectacular aura aboutCernunnos has a spectacular aura aboutCernunnos has a spectacular aura about
Nice to see some action here, thanks all for posting and thanks for the responses Wal. How did you aquire the initial seeds?

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:07 AM #9
Donald Mallard

A guy i worked with cerunnos ,
spoke of it a bit ,, didnt mention webbed leaf ,
just three fingered leaf , once i saw it , i knew it was something very different ...

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:42 PM #10
Cernunnos

So, the original seeds were just some that were floating around the Aussie gene pool. What time period was this Wal? Sorry, if you've already explained it elsewhere hehe

2 members found this post helpful.