What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Triple stacked 3K automatic

Miraculous Meds

Kudos amigo. Very well done. I dreamed of doing this a couple years ago, you pulled it off amazingly. I really like the additional light in the corners, and the recessed ac above the light tower. Im not quite as techy as you, so I was thinking of just buying some panels and placing them in a triangle or square pattern like you built to make a vert tower as well. You have proven its effectiveness for sure. Beautiful looking ladies as well. How did the bb muffin line turn out?

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
tell us more about doser/soil setup
i prefer organics
whats different about draining , your number of plants from the initial run now
i see alot of white space over the walls of glue
is your strain choice geared for yield?

ganjourno

tell us more about doser/soil setup
i prefer organics
whats different about draining , your number of plants from the initial run now
i see alot of white space over the walls of glue
is your strain choice geared for yield?

Right now I’m running blend of 3/4 ready-gro air mix coco to 1/4 FFOF to provide some biological baseline. I’ve found that multiple short feedings per day has led to the best results. Currently feed 3x per day increasing the duration as plants mature.

Nutes are botanicare CNS because I like the ease of the single part nutrient; and CNS runs pretty clean. You can’t really use dosers with anything chunky or gritty, so most organics are not suitable. The botanicare PBP line is pretty clean, but needs two bottles (PBP and cal-mag). I like my results now so not gonna rock the boat too much.

I switched over to smaller ~2gal tall square buckets that sit inside the blue buckets. I put down an inch or so of lava rocks as kind of a filter to keep the coco from draining out and then the medium on top of that. Smaller buckets go in hand with the multiple waterings and ensure no over saturation.

Currently 18 sites (six stacks of three) that are arrange in a hexagon around the light stack.

In terms of plant spacing, I’m still getting used to the new LED since it keeps the plants much shorter during stretch. Could have vegged 2-3 days longer in the last run to full in vertically a bit, but yields were still good. Need to finish silver-taping the blue buckets to maximize reflected light. With the rear fill lights placed between each row, the plants kind of grow “around” the sides of the bucket, which can help yields but needs more careful management, since it can get crowded where plants intersect left-to-right.

I grow for quality above all else but yield is certainly a factor in vetting genetics, as well as growth patterns. For this setup, something slightly stretchy is better since longer internodes help reduce crowding. OGs work really well since they’re viney and easy to train, but I tend to go for something a bit more unique. The pineapple cake has been really nice so far, it produces even in the shaded buds and is super sticky and dense, with a heavenly tropical nose and slight purple variegation in the buds. Blueberry muffins is a solid producer and beautiful fully purple buds, but it’s a bit fluffy with more larf to deal with, and the nose isn’t quite as enticing as the pineapple. It’s also a squatter plant which for this setup is not exactly a feature. May go mono crop of the pineapple next round...

Deke

Wow! I've never seen anything like this. I'm stunned. Now I'm curious. Great there goes the rest of my night, lol.

wwoww

Have you ever thought of running a setup like this on a light mover? I've always thought a vertical cage grow on a mover would get you the most gpw possible but I've never seen it done

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Hey ganjourno. Amazing work. Very inspiring.

How about a 2020 update? Ha! 2021 update sounds good too.

ganjourno

Have you ever thought of running a setup like this on a light mover? I've always thought a vertical cage grow on a mover would get you the most gpw possible but I've never seen it done

I've done it on a light mover before. Not worth it IMO. Light movers don't really increase production, and if they do it's just more larf. All you're doing with a light mover is spreading less light over a larger area. Smaller, looser buds and more larf. Do not recommend.

ganjourno

Hey ganjourno. Amazing work. Very inspiring.

How about a 2020 update? Ha! 2021 update sounds good too.

Being going solid for a while now. Hitting about 1.2GPW regularly. I replaced the janky ebay LED power supplies with meanwell drivers which I should have done from the beginning as they are way more reliable and run a lot cooler. Otherwise just turning and burning, things have been steady.

Edit: I also replaced ALL of the electrical connections with soldered joints. I had been using a lot of spade connectors previously and I had a few melt up on me. Solder is way more reliable.