What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Haze x Meao Thai F3 & Pure Purple Haze

Topkarantekatre

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Pédetoddy,

Sorry to hear your pollinated Haze x Thais were stolen :(
Did you manage to save some seeds to continue with your projects with these genetics ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats Topkarantekatre :)

To be able to finish such a beautiful purple pheno of our old Haze x Thai limited editions is something a sativa lover won't easily forget .... really few growers have the courage and patiene to flower these genetics outside the tropics until New Year ... but as you have experienced, Oldtimer's Haze and her hybrids are very resilient and forgiving, extremely mold resistant .... the strong cold slows down her flower production and decrease her flower/leaf ratio, but can handle it unless there are strong frosts.

And glad you are enjoying with her effect and ancient terpenes :D When you compare them with for example Kush flowers seems we are talking about completely different plants, isn't ? Enjoy her! ;)

Topkarantekatre

Thanks for the kind words dubi :tiphat:

As you said, the mold resistance of these genetics is outstanding... you have to grow them at least one time to truly understand this. It's another world compared to indicas plants...

Hybrids/Indicas are not my cup of tea anymore since i discovered the ACE lines.
There will be Panama and maybe Killer A5 for my next run, can't wait to try this new gem!

Will try to upload some dried macro bud shots of GhxThai, theses dark purple hues are incredible :dance013:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I have started another thread, but need to post my current 2019 OTH x MT's here as it seems a great collection for this special line. I am unsure how long these plants will decide to go, but I will care for them as best I can. I think I will be constructing a simple hoop type green house enclosure in the next week as the rain may finally be nigh.

Green Haze x Meao Thai

picture.php

Purple Haze x Meao Thai

picture.php

picture.php

The purple is just starting to show color in the petioles and I can sense the bracts starting to darken slightly. I think it will show some more color with a few more weeks under her.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Pictures from a couple days ago.

First the purple, still throwing plenty of fresh pistils...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Trichomes are mostly cloudy. I note an amber here and there, a few more clear.

Now the green...

picture.php

picture.php

I’m going to start taking some lower flowers to get better views under my scope. Green looks to be done in the next week or two. Purple, Christmas or maybe even later.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Thanks deepwater dude. Those photos were from a few days ago and just a few is all it takes to see some major changes. I’ll give more updates over there.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ur Humbl Nr8tor,

A pleasure to see you are still growing the old Green Haze x Thai and Purple Haze x Thai limited editions from almost 10 years ago, damn time flies! :)

Looks like you have found really interesting females of both expressions. Did you find and use males to keep the lines alive in seed form ?

Sooner or later i also would like to work on both lines again, we still have original seeds of the F1s that were produced by our friend pebble in 2008-2009,
and also many different green and purple F2 seed lines i did in 2012.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's a pitty our friend Terpene is no longer updating this thread with his latest Haze adventures, as he has been growing some very fine Purple Honduras Haze and 'pure' Purple Haze in 2019.

Fortunately, i still keep in touch with him, he's doing great and he just sent me these amazing Purple Haze pics finishing outdoors. I share them with you as they are a joy to watch :tiphat:

Attachments

• Purple Haze Terpene finished outdoors2.jpg
    Purple Haze Terpene finished outdoors2.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Purple Haze Terpene finished outdoors3.jpg
    Purple Haze Terpene finished outdoors3.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Purple Haze Terpene finished outdoors.jpg
    Purple Haze Terpene finished outdoors.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 34

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hi Ur Humbl Nr8tor,

A pleasure to see you are still growing the old Green Haze x Thai and Purple Haze x Thai limited editions from almost 10 years ago, damn time flies! :)

Looks like you have found really interesting females of both expressions. Did you find and use males to keep the lines alive in seed form ?

Sooner or later i also would like to work on both lines again, we still have original seeds of the F1s that were produced by our friend pebble in 2008-2009,

I am still using the old seed lines I purchased and those that were gifted to me from you. Some of the gifted include a short and tall version on GHxMT. Ring any New Years bells?

Yes, something like 10 years. It’s been 5 or more years since I was really active with these genetics. I do not find males in the OTH and crosses. I certainly would spread the pollen to make F2’s. I am going to try and reveg both the green and purple plants from 2019. The purple plant is looking pretty faded as it finishes maturing, so I’m hoping for luck. If not, I still have a few seeds specific to the PHxMT and GHxMT.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
It's a pitty our friend Terpene is no longer updating this thread with his latest Haze adventures, as he has been growing some very fine Purple Honduras Haze and 'pure' Purple Haze in 2019.

Fortunately, i still keep in touch with him, he's doing great and he just sent me these amazing Purple Haze pics finishing outdoors. I share them with you as they are a joy to watch :tiphat:

Those are some amazing looking purple haze pictures for sure. Very chunky! I need to find a way to reconnect as I’m sure we are still close to each other proximity wise.

Purple Haze x Thai from late December. Chopping any day now.

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
This morning...

picture.php

Purple Haze x Meao Thai

Harvest in coming days. Spicy haze with a serous background of dark fruit ripe blackberry.

picture.php

Curing Green Haze x Meao Thai. Currently about 65% humidity burping in glass. Smell is spicy old school haze. Some incense and a background of citrus/slight astringent.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hi Ur Humbl Nr8tor,

Dubi, I hope you find the time to work with this cross again! Of course I am a couple of months minimum from being able to offer a fair smoke test. I am speaking to someone about potentially running some samples for potency and terpenes. If I can save these plants (big if)...reveg and clone, I’d definitely like to have that information handy. When I open up the seed vault again, I’ll let you know what I’ve got left in seeds from the old drop and gifts. As you have both F1’s and F2’s, there should definitely be plenty to play around with for future (F2’s and beyond).

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts