What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
I just tried the dried "thai" pheno last night. I'm sorry folks, no final pics of her, my friend cut her down before I could get over there. Anyhow, all I can say is HOLY S***. If you are looking for the terror ridden, thai clarity that Dubi has spoke about, you're looking for the tall spindly thai-african looking phenos.

Now granted, I haven't smoked in 2 days before trying this, so the tolerance dropped a little, but I was 11 out of 10 sativa high last night, for nearly 6 hours.

First two hours were INTENSE, scary to the point anyone who wasn't a seasoned smoker would not want to be high anymore. I was definitely at the point of "terror-iffic." If I let anyone else try this, there would definitely be a disclaimer moment before allowing them to proceed. Your head buzzes, but with extreme clarity. Your body feels like its nerves are electric and your skin is somehow an insulator with bones as a wire frame.

AP-ShootingTheCurl-2-1.jpg

The "energy" comes in waves of terrifying, I felt like I was surfing inside of a large tube wave - "shooting the curl" or something. It's really up and positive though, so you think you can try and maintain conversation. As my friends and I were talking, I was at least a sentence behind the conversation while I imagined the words visually - almost hallucinatory?

After the scary ended about 2-3 hours after smoking, it settled into a super talky, up, clear and stupid thai high which lasted in a petering off fashion till I went to sleep.

My african pheno is almost indica compared to the thai pheno, and I thought that was up by comparison. Dubi, you have outdone yourself with this cross.

idiit

Veteran
great post terpene. i've got panama, purple haze and zamaldelica freebie on the way. ace is the place ( from getmo).

Hazed

Hi Terpene,
Thank you for allowing us to live precariously through your awesome grow, wish we could have all shared that bowl as well!
As soon as the weather cools down I will be popping my 5 Zamal seeds too, and hope to see atleast one sexy thai gal!

Do you think another week or two would have done her any good, or do you believe she was prime when your partner chopped her?
I will definitely be hitting up ACE this fall before I run my head stash, thanks again, be safe...Hazed

Terpene

Veteran
Thanks Hazed, I would say that the thai was probably about prime picking at 13 weeks - though I typically encourage a decent ambering over with extreme sativas so I don't get paranoid - especially with the terror in this cross. The thai realistically had another 10 or so days to go, and the african had another week probably. So realistically, Id say let em go the full 14, but anytime after 12.5 they're probably good to go.

The lowers at 9.5-10 weeks were interesting. The zamal side was a bit more up, and not as potent. You could see the frost forming day to day in the last few weeks. The thai leaning one at 9.5-10 weeks was TOO ENERGETIC to where it almost guaranteed nervous fidgeting and the feeling of someone watching you.

The next two I'm running (which are juuust about ready for flower) are going to go the full 14 if not longer, I want them to color up and get pretty. The two phenos I got this time are african and an even thinner leaved, stretchier, spindly-er looking thai-african!

African left, Thai right.
picture.php

Hazed

Excellent! So if I pop them seeds about August 15th, I can have a good cure on her by December 21st for our "End of the world party", lol.
Im like a kid checking my subscriptions every evening to see if anything has happened on this thread lol. I hope you will continue to keep us posted on these beauties.

I also wanted to ask you if you might know where I could purchase some Harlequin (sp) seeds, or clone/cutting.

I have a friend I grew up with who would like to try the 2-3g per day CBD regimen in hopes of getting some relief from an inoperable brain tumor, and I am more than willing to devote a grow room, and whatever else it takes to help him out.

Thanks again, be safe...Hazed

Terpene

Veteran
Second round of Zamaldelicas (both) under the scrog...

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Terpene, im glad to hear about your zamaldelica smoke report, no doubt it's a 'terrible' sativa :D Scary weed indeed, this is for the experienced sativa smokers, be ready for a long and crazy ride hehehhehe thanks a lot for posting and good luck on your second round, guess you can get better potency with a bit more of maturation.

Terpene

Veteran
My two Zamaldelicas (round two) are stretching and starting to pistil...

picture.php

picture.php

Dubi, these are just BEAUTIFUL plants. While the high from the Zamals is definitely daytime only, I find myself wanting to grow them for visual reasons. :)

Terpene

Veteran
The Zamals are starting to form flowers. Here's a closeup.
picture.php

and here's a screen shot (the screen is 18 inches across)
picture.php

C

chase

Great work

Great work

& an interesting strain. ? no autoflowering with the golden tiger added?

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Very fine work. Will be watching progress.

Cheers

idiit

Veteran
no autoflowering with the golden tiger added?

i had an unusual fast gt pheno in my homemade golden tiger f1's off ace's seed stock. not common per dubi but can be found. i've run a few gts for seed stock selection and only had 1 exhibit this fast trait. dubi will get pissed at me if everyone thinks golden tiger is auto. most reports show early november northern latitudes finishing time. the zamal is also a late flowering strain per my drugged out memory bank so the zamdelica shouldn't be prone to auto traits either from what i have read.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

I might be wrong, but I think remembering something about the zamaldelica's starting to flower once they get rootbound when grown in pots. A handy trait if I'm right!!

idiit

Veteran
I might be wrong, but I think remembering something about the zamaldelica's starting to flower once they get rootbound when grown in pots. A handy trait if I'm right!!

wouldn't be the first time i was cognitively dyslexic. yes, zamal's rootbound auto traits could be interesting.

jayjayfrank

Veteran
a lot of 'landrace genetics' don't like being root bound or having the tap root damaged. iv even read that the tap root on certain strains directly relate to health and yield, and some get very stunted when transplanting(root stress).

that said my zamaldelica started flowering much faster than my thai/hazexskunk and reading about idiits 'fast pheno' of golden tiger makes me wonder.

took a sample last week, should have let it dry longer, not much of a high, but tastes like SWEET-DIRTY-CARROTS. i get it when i read 'earthy' in ace and CBG strain descriptions now.

Terpene

Veteran
I got lazy, here are some pics of Zamaldelicas under the 240w LED, fill flash on. We're 6 weeks in on these. You'll notice even with the scrog they required staking. The stretch on these girls is just ridiculous..

picture.php

both plants..
picture.php

Hazed

Nice job Terpene!
She is a beauty, didn't get my Zd seeds germinated yet. Moving a business and residence has taken its toll on my plans. Soon,very soon.
Thanks for the update!

Latest posts

Latest posts