Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Pre98 Bubba Kush & Katsu's Bubba Kush Comparison Thread

Thread Title Search
Pre98 Bubba Kush & Katsu's Bubba Kush Comparison Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2019, 10:39 PM #441
Unk_OG

Unk_OG will become famous soon enoughUnk_OG will become famous soon enoughUnk_OG will become famous soon enough
So, whadda ya guys think?

So this is a Bubba cut I have from a friend. He’s had it for a few years, got it from a buddy of his. Opinions? Wondering what everyone thinks. Pre98, S1, something else? Lol.

Is painfully slow in veg. Topped once which, I think made things worse. They got a bit stretchy during the transition from an 8 bulb T5 back to my trusty 600 MH. They were the goofiest looking. I basically threw them into flower because I was tired of looking at them in veg, hahahahaha. Next time I will just veg them to about 18 inches without topping before the flip. This is the end of week 5, just smells of funk right now. My Can 66 scrubber is havin’ a hard time.

Once they hit mid week 3 they really started to eat, 5 gal pots/ProMix. They clear the pot every other day. Eats a lot at night! I check all my pots before lights out, these will have a good bit of weight to them. Lights on next morning and you could knock them over they are so light.

Feed at 850-900 ppm (x500) with no burn. May run a small tester one day and see what she will take before burn.
House & Garden Soil
Drip Clean
Roots Exel
Cal-Mag
Canna PK 13/14 (weeks 1-5)
M.O.A.B. (weeks 6-7)
Flush to 100ppm (week 8)
9 maybe 10 weeks

PS, yes they have a couple of old bug bites unfortunately.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	106E5197-A4B7-47B2-90C0-030B916974D3.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	482727 Click image for larger version

Name:	3DCD82C4-D9D4-4A56-8986-68434C2BE39A.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	482728 Click image for larger version

Name:	28316A79-7A60-405B-B8A0-1D05B04B9DBD.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	482729 Click image for larger version

Name:	7EC7769F-5BA7-40C4-BB87-D1A021B67C8C.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	482730 Click image for larger version

Name:	B6EBFD64-8D5D-429F-B067-54C87F173E23.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	482731

Last edited by Unk_OG; 01-19-2019 at 04:29 PM..
Unk_OG is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:52 PM #442
PoweredByLove
Most Loved

PoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of light
Only think I can tell is it sounds like the Bubba I grew when you describe the slow veg, and the bud structure looks similar. But mine did not stretch like that indoors or out. It stayed a short bushy type plant. Starts off with the lemony funk, progresses to a chocolaty gas smell and finishes out smelling like coffee beans soaked in lemon gasoline. Buds closest to the top start turning purple around day 60, needs like 70+ days to finish proper even though looks done at 57.
PoweredByLove is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:29 AM #443
Unk_OG

Unk_OG will become famous soon enoughUnk_OG will become famous soon enoughUnk_OG will become famous soon enough
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredByLove View Post
Only think I can tell is it sounds like the Bubba I grew when you describe the slow veg, and the bud structure looks similar. But mine did not stretch like that indoors or out. It stayed a short bushy type plant. Starts off with the lemony funk, progresses to a chocolaty gas smell and finishes out smelling like coffee beans soaked in lemon gasoline. Buds closest to the top start turning purple around day 60, needs like 70+ days to finish proper even though looks done at 57.
What cut did you have?

The weird stretch is my fault and the switch from the T5 back to a 600 in veg, and forgetting to lower it! I had spinal cord/neck surgery in June, LOTS of therapy. 6 years before a good Doc figured out what was wrong with me. Wasn’t on my game topping wise or anything else for that matter, lol. I really shouldn’t of started growing quite so soon again but I was going crazy. My point, not my best looking plants. They smell of citrus/lemon funk now which I thought was wrong after hearing “coffee” so often. I plan on 70 days. Next run no topping? 18” and flip? Thanks so much for your input! I really do appreciate it!

Last edited by Unk_OG; 01-22-2019 at 12:45 AM..
Unk_OG is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 09:30 PM #444
Booyah!

Booyah! will become famous soon enoughBooyah! will become famous soon enoughBooyah! will become famous soon enough
I'm guessing that is the Katsu? Heard batches are hitting 30% in Michigan. I remember getting phenomenal batches of Bubba that would have me bike riding and eating. That was about a decade ago. I always assumed it was the Pre 98 but looking back it seems to fit the Katsu description a bit better.
Booyah! is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:57 PM #445
Unk_OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyah! View Post
I'm guessing that is the Katsu? Heard batches are hitting 30% in Michigan. I remember getting phenomenal batches of Bubba that would have me bike riding and eating. That was about a decade ago. I always assumed it was the Pre 98 but looking back it seems to fit the Katsu description a bit better.
Bike riding and eating, hahahahaha! Interesting, thanks for the info. The real test will be the smoke of course. 30% huh? I’ll get this tested when it’s done. Nice talking to ya!
Unk_OG is offline Quote

Old 01-23-2019, 07:06 PM #446
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk_OG View Post
So this is a Bubba cut I have from a friend. He’s had it for a few years, got it from a buddy of his. Opinions? Wondering what everyone thinks. Pre98, S1, something else? Lol.

It looks quite like the pe-98, but the leaves look a bit small and the buds look to have more leaves than i would expect. The pre-98 can stretch quite a bit in some circumstances.

Hard to get a definitive ID but if it is a good bubba you should enjoy the smell and taste!

GL
VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

Old 01-23-2019, 08:55 PM #447
Unk_OG

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdantGreen View Post
It looks quite like the pe-98, but the leaves look a bit small and the buds look to have more leaves than i would expect. The pre-98 can stretch quite a bit in some circumstances.

Hard to get a definitive ID but if it is a good bubba you should enjoy the smell and taste!

GL
VG
Thanks for taking a look! Yeah I know pics, especially lights on pics, aren’t the best. I had just pruned a bunch of big leaves a few days prior to the pics. Again, these are not my best work, shape wise. They are looking pretty good for the middle of week 6, for my room anyway, lol. Only been at this for 3 years. I can’t wait to try it! Thanks again!
Unk_OG is offline Quote

Old 01-23-2019, 11:35 PM #448
PoweredByLove
Most Loved

PoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of light
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk_OG View Post
What cut did you have?

The weird stretch is my fault and the switch from the T5 back to a 600 in veg, and forgetting to lower it! I had spinal cord/neck surgery in June, LOTS of therapy. 6 years before a good Doc figured out what was wrong with me. Wasn’t on my game topping wise or anything else for that matter, lol. I really shouldn’t of started growing quite so soon again but I was going crazy. My point, not my best looking plants. They smell of citrus/lemon funk now which I thought was wrong after hearing “coffee” so often. I plan on 70 days. Next run no topping? 18” and flip? Thanks so much for your input! I really do appreciate it!
pre-98 i got it from a guy who is well know here so i have no reason to doubt its legitimacy. it hit all the marks on what i was told p98 would be like.

outdoors in the florida sun. i put it out there in like march as a rooted cutting, transplanted to this 3 gallons of dirt in a 5 gallon bucket like june or something after it started flowering and then reveg. (first time outdoors in fl lol) then in october or so it rained a bunch and hurricaned a couple times and don't get me started on the bugs. anyway still didn't stretch like yours. i think you might have katsu. cuz this p98 was very slow veg. like hella. i've said it a buncha times in several places. nice plant that's got the strongest smoke i ever had. but sooooo slow in veg.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:53 PM #449
Unk_OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredByLove View Post
pre-98 i got it from a guy who is well know here so i have no reason to doubt its legitimacy. it hit all the marks on what i was told p98 would be like.

View Image

View Image

outdoors in the florida sun. i put it out there in like march as a rooted cutting, transplanted to this 3 gallons of dirt in a 5 gallon bucket like june or something after it started flowering and then reveg. (first time outdoors in fl lol) then in october or so it rained a bunch and hurricaned a couple times and don't get me started on the bugs. anyway still didn't stretch like yours. i think you might have katsu. cuz this p98 was very slow veg. like hella. i've said it a buncha times in several places. nice plant that's got the strongest smoke i ever had. but sooooo slow in veg.
Thanks. I said in my original post that it was agonizingly slow in Veg and explained the goofy stretch. It also only throws three leaves until I get it into flower. They would get to be about 6 inches tall in a red cup, then pretty much just stop growing. It seems like the only time they grew was when they got up potted.

Last edited by Unk_OG; 01-24-2019 at 01:29 PM..
Unk_OG is offline Quote

Old 01-25-2019, 08:12 AM #450
Shmavis
Being-in-the-world

Shmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud ofShmavis has much to be proud of
VG’s Pre-98 S1:

Hey Unk_OG,

I can’t speak to whether yours is legit or not. But as VG mentioned some do stretch. As you can see, I found such a pheno. And she also exhibited the need to be potted up to continue growing, as you are reporting. She wasn’t particularly slow growing, nor was she full of vigor, but she grew slow and steady, was topped a couple times, and with a couple extra weeks of veg, produced just over 3oz in 5g of soil. Really really nice smoke - much better than expected, a pleasant surprise all around. I am now a fan.
§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

― Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty
Shmavis is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.