What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much weed can I legally store at home?

Canada

I'm going to be growing 4 plants legally in my own private home . How much dried cannabis will i be able to have locked away in my own private residence .

Also how much cannabis can I gift to my friends and family at one time?

I have seen some online write ups about storage and gifting cannabis but both stories were published before October 17th .

I am almost sure that each province will be different so if anyone has any links to official legal documents I would appreciate it

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
More weed than you could ever smoke. There's no limit to how much you can have at home.

You can gift as much as you want, but since you can only have 30 grams on you out of the house, then I think you can only gift 30 grams at a time. So if you have 4 people in the car, you can have 120 grams. But I wouldn't fret about it unless you're traveling with pounds in the trunk.

I travel with a couple pounds in my trunk. They're for a friend and I keep it with me until I see him again. Worse case would be losing it. No problem 'cause I have lots.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Someone reported on here 1kg home possession while, 30g personal possession out and about, or "gifting" at any given time.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Someone reported on here 1kg home possession while, 30g personal possession out and about, or "gifting" at any given time.

I haven't seen that in the Act. I'll have to re-read it. But that makes as much sense as limiting the height to 100cm like they had in the first reading. As far as I know, there's no limit to the number of micro licenses one person can hold. So there goes the 600kg yearly limit :)

If I grow 4 5lb plants, I have to burn 9 kilos in my fire pit? That'll be a fun party. lol

Expect them to fine tune the Cannabis Act as time goes by. So this is not the time to back off on your MP, and canvasing them for more than 4 plants, to see farm gate sales for craft cannabis producers, and to include extracts in the next change to the Act.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I haven't seen that in the Act. I'll have to re-read it. But that makes as much sense as limiting the height to 100cm like they had in the first reading. As far as I know, there's no limit to the number of micro licenses one person can hold. So there goes the 600kg yearly limit :)

If I grow 4 5lb plants, I have to burn 9 kilos in my fire pit? That'll be a fun party. lol

Expect them to fine tune the Cannabis Act as time goes by. So this is not the time to back off on your MP, and canvasing them for more than 4 plants, to see farm gate sales for craft cannabis producers, and to include extracts in the next change to the Act.
I hear you good buddy. Regardless, it would be nice to have that confirmed one way or the other so folks know. 1kg of "personal cannabis" is a lot of cannabis to consume in a year.

ETA: It appears the fed has left it up to individual provinces. This is what I have found.

"There are no restrictions on how much you can keep in your home, as long as it’s for personal use".

I would still like to know where the 1kg came from as I didn't simply grab it out of thin air. Caveat! Personal use is not defined. While I understand that daily consumption varies amongst users/patients, a non-defined possession limit can get law abiding citizens in trouble if...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
It's still early and confusion reigns. I'd be a little worried if I was found to have 20 1lb vacuum packs in my freezer.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I hear you good buddy. That is what I am getting at. I'll never have to fret such a dilemma as I intend to simply grow what I need. They have been raiding the ACS centers pretty severely here.

I went to NSLC (the only place to buy in NS, if not a med patient) I waited for the hooplah to die down and I have to say if... they think they are going to squash the black market (we all know this isn't going to happen) they will have to start to carry the (medicinal bud) not just weed. Tenders didn't know their arsehole from a hole in the ground. When I asked what they carried I was simply referred to their website. From the convo, it is pretty much scattered (attendance) during the week but quite busy Fri and Sat nights. Growing pains! I sure hope they grow them out in the right direction.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Just say it's Peruvian Basil. :biggrin:
I'm positive I bought Parsley when I was a kid. lol

Funny thing is, I don't smoke. lol. Well, I take the odd toke once or twice a month, or 1ml of oil if I need to sleep like a 17 year old for a night, and that's about it. But christmas is here and I don't want my friends and kids smoking non organic weed, so I won't have it for long. GG4 for everyone.

My passion is in growing. It's a great hobby. I hate walking for the sake of walking, but it gets me hiking into the bush and at 61, I need all the exercise I can get.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
It may have provincial limits. I think the 1000 gram thing is in BC, and in Alberta its higher though. Can't recall their limit.

Canada

More weed than you could ever smoke. There's no limit to how much you can have at home.

You can gift as much as you want, but since you can only have 30 grams on you out of the house, then I think you can only gift 30 grams at a time. So if you have 4 people in the car, you can have 120 grams. But I wouldn't fret about it unless you're traveling with pounds in the trunk.

I travel with a couple pounds in my trunk. They're for a friend and I keep it with me until I see him again. Worse case would be losing it. No problem 'cause I have lots.

I have read also that the limit is 1000 grams of dried cannabis at any time per address. I am trying to start a business and want to prepare myself for an inter view with a new hired lawyer to draw up the paper work but i do not want to pay him for a days research work all to find out my business will not hold .

beanja

I have read also that the limit is 1000 grams of dried cannabis at any time per address. I am trying to start a business and want to prepare myself for an inter view with a new hired lawyer to draw up the paper work but i do not want to pay him for a days research work all to find out my business will not hold .
every province is different . where did you read 1000 grams

mctasty

It is province based and Ontario is unlimited.
Province Minimum age for use Allows growing at home for personal use only Home storage limit Plants per household Allows use in public Sold by private retailers (under provincial government oversight) Sold by public retailers (under provincial government oversight) Sold by government run retail locations Physical stores Online sales Transporting Alberta 18 Yes[10] None[11] Four[12] Only where tobacco may be smoked.[11] Yes Yes Yes Currently 17[13] Government-operated Must be secured in closed packaging and not within reach of the driver or occupants.[14] British Columbia 19 Yes 1,000 grams Four There is a ban on smoking or vaping cannabis in playgrounds, schools, and other public areas used by kids. Can be mostly used where tobacco is smoked. Yes Yes Yes Yes Government-operated Must be in a sealed package, or inaccessible to any passengers. Allowed to drive with no more than four cannabis plants that are not flowering.[14] Manitoba 19 Yes but only with a medical license[12] None[15] Not permitted[11] No[16] Yes No No Currently 30[16] Privately-operated[17] Must be stored in a secure compartment, such as a trunk.[14] New Brunswick 19 Yes None[16] Four[11] No[11] No No Yes Currently 20[11] Government-operated[11] No restriction[14] Newfoundland and Labrador 19 Yes None[18] Four[18] No Yes Yes[11] No Yes[11] Government-operated[19] Must be in a sealed package or not readily available to anyone in the vehicle, unless the vehicle is being used as a dwelling. Passengers on taxis and buses are allowed to carry cannabis.[14] Northwest Territories 19 Yes[20]
Four[11] Yes, on trails, highways, streets, roads and in parks when they are not in use for public events.[11]
Yes[20] Yes[20] Currently five[11] Government-operated[11] Must be unopened or be stored in a place that is out of reach for any passengers.[14] Nova Scotia 19 Yes[21] None[21] Four[21] Yes, anywhere tobacco can be smoked[21] No[21] No[21] Yes[21] Currently 13[19] Government-operated[21] Must be in a closed, sealed package and out of reach from anyone in the vehicle[21] Nunavut 19 Yes 150 grams[22] Four[22] Can be mostly used where tobacco is smoked, with the exception of vehicles, school grounds, hospital or health centre grounds, and playgrounds.[23] TBD TBD No No Government-operated[19] Must not be within reach of anyone in a vehicle.[14] Ontario 19 Yes[24] None Four[24] Yes, only where tobacco is smoked, with the exception of vehicles.[24] Yes[24] Yes[24] Yes[24] To be introduced by April 1, 2019[24] Government-operated[24] Must be sealed or not readily available to anyone in the vehicle.[24] Prince Edward Island 19 Yes None[25] Four[16] No No No Yes Currently four[19] Government-operated[26] Required to be secure and inaccessible to anyone in the vehicle if opened.[14] Quebec 21[27] No 150 grams Not permitted[16] Yes, anywhere tobacco can be smoked.[12] No Yes[28] Yes[26] Currently 12[19] Government-operated[28] No restriction[29] Saskatchewan 19 Yes None Four[16] No[16] Yes Yes[16] No Yes Privately-operated Allowed in a vehicle, provided it is not being ingested, it was bought legally and is being transported to a place where it will be legally ingested.[14] Yukon 19 Yes None[30] Four[26] No No No Yes Currently one[19] Government-operated[31] Must be in a closed container and inaccessible to all passengers.[14]

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
It is province based and Ontario is unlimited.
Province Minimum age for use Allows growing at home for personal use only Home storage limit Plants per household Allows use in public Sold by private retailers (under provincial government oversight) Sold by public retailers (under provincial government oversight) Sold by government run retail locations Physical stores Online sales Transporting Alberta 18 Yes[10] None[11] Four[12] Only where tobacco may be smoked.[11] Yes Yes Yes Currently 17[13] Government-operated Must be secured in closed packaging and not within reach of the driver or occupants.[14] British Columbia 19 Yes 1,000 grams Four There is a ban on smoking or vaping cannabis in playgrounds, schools, and other public areas used by kids. Can be mostly used where tobacco is smoked. Yes Yes Yes Yes Government-operated Must be in a sealed package, or inaccessible to any passengers. Allowed to drive with no more than four cannabis plants that are not flowering.[14] Manitoba 19 Yes but only with a medical license[12] None[15] Not permitted[11] No[16] Yes No No Currently 30[16] Privately-operated[17] Must be stored in a secure compartment, such as a trunk.[14] New Brunswick 19 Yes None[16] Four[11] No[11] No No Yes Currently 20[11] Government-operated[11] No restriction[14] Newfoundland and Labrador 19 Yes None[18] Four[18] No Yes Yes[11] No Yes[11] Government-operated[19] Must be in a sealed package or not readily available to anyone in the vehicle, unless the vehicle is being used as a dwelling. Passengers on taxis and buses are allowed to carry cannabis.[14] Northwest Territories 19 Yes[20]
Four[11] Yes, on trails, highways, streets, roads and in parks when they are not in use for public events.[11]
Yes[20] Yes[20] Currently five[11] Government-operated[11] Must be unopened or be stored in a place that is out of reach for any passengers.[14] Nova Scotia 19 Yes[21] None[21] Four[21] Yes, anywhere tobacco can be smoked[21] No[21] No[21] Yes[21] Currently 13[19] Government-operated[21] Must be in a closed, sealed package and out of reach from anyone in the vehicle[21] Nunavut 19 Yes 150 grams[22] Four[22] Can be mostly used where tobacco is smoked, with the exception of vehicles, school grounds, hospital or health centre grounds, and playgrounds.[23] TBD TBD No No Government-operated[19] Must not be within reach of anyone in a vehicle.[14] Ontario 19 Yes[24] None Four[24] Yes, only where tobacco is smoked, with the exception of vehicles.[24] Yes[24] Yes[24] Yes[24] To be introduced by April 1, 2019[24] Government-operated[24] Must be sealed or not readily available to anyone in the vehicle.[24] Prince Edward Island 19 Yes None[25] Four[16] No No No Yes Currently four[19] Government-operated[26] Required to be secure and inaccessible to anyone in the vehicle if opened.[14] Quebec 21[27] No 150 grams Not permitted[16] Yes, anywhere tobacco can be smoked.[12] No Yes[28] Yes[26] Currently 12[19] Government-operated[28] No restriction[29] Saskatchewan 19 Yes None Four[16] No[16] Yes Yes[16] No Yes Privately-operated Allowed in a vehicle, provided it is not being ingested, it was bought legally and is being transported to a place where it will be legally ingested.[14] Yukon 19 Yes None[30] Four[26] No No No Yes Currently one[19] Government-operated[31] Must be in a closed container and inaccessible to all passengers.[14]
There is such a thing as paragraphs!

Man, I'm sorry you seem like a really nice guy but are you fucking crazy, stupid, or both? Why in the fuck would you always have pounds of weed in your trunk at all time?! That is just unbelievable and you think "worst case you just LOSE IT"?! DUDE... read the laws. You get popped with pounds of weed their doing a lot fucking more than just seizing it from you and letting you go home!

The only time you should have more than 30 grams
On you, especially significantly more like pounds of weed, is when you are on your way to unload it.

You claim you only deal with one person. If thats the case, why the fuck would you carry pounds of weed unless that one person calls you and says he needs it?

I've met so many people like you, that would drive around dirty with shit that could get them years in prison for no reason. And, guess what? They all ended up doing time

Dont matter how good of a driver YOU are. All it takes is some idiot to rear end you and you're gonma do time foe those pounds

I cant believe you, an adult with kids are telling people to not even worry about having pounds of weed in your trunk. Ive read lots of misinformation from you but now your foolishness could land people behind bars if they listen to you.

Smarten up man. You wanna be stupid thats fine but dont tell.people that cops wont care if they pop you with pounds. Like i said, you 100% will do time

Latest posts

Latest posts