What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bodhi Seeds Tester: Mendo Purps x Sunshine Daydream

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey guys, big up to the B fam for hooking it up! So here is my best shot at testing some fire gear from Bodhi, I received these a month or two ago, sorry I havent had the chance to pop them earlier, was out on vacation then had some grow issues but now things are back on track and I will try my best to grow this to my best!

I'm a huge Bodhi fan, I have grown over 10 of his strains (some being, Goji, SSDD, A14, More Cowbell, Granola Funk, Pinesoul, etc) and I must say they all provided quality meds, of course some phenos are better than others but in general great plants and a few with highly potential keepers!

So here we go:

Mendo Purps x Sunshine DayDream

So on 12/03 all 10 seeds got dropped into 300ml paper cups with Organic soil water only custom mix, lightly soaked and placed inside green house container to keep them from drying out.

First few days I had some minor issues with temps and they were down to 16c at one point, but not a big issue. 3 days after seeds got dropped and wetted first seedlings started emerging. 1 days later we have 10/10 above soil. So far great start. First day or two I let them get natural light at them window. Tomorrow I will most likely move them under some COB leds to start vegging them and giving them some real power!

So far not much action but I will try to update anything done to these in here as much as possible!

The plan is to veg them for 3 weeks in these cups and then move them to final containers, 15 Gallon smart pots with same organic mix, I will be placing 5 per pot and hopefully end with 2-3 per container after males are culled! Veg another week or two on the 15s and them 13/11 for flower. Each 15 gallon pot will be directly placed under a Vero 29 g7 COB LED running at 50w.

There will be several other strains being run at the same time in the same room at the same style of grow. My room is far away from dialed in, there are a few light leaks, not great air movement etc, so this strains will be put to the real test in there! Everything is DIY setup, and this is my 2nd run on it!

Pull a seat, grab some snacks, your favorite smoking device and some quality herb and enjoy the show!:tiphat:

Enjoy some pictures of some Headbanger x Sunshine Daydream pollen chuck cross I made

picture.php

picture.php

Dreadbread
picture.php

Peace brethrens!
Respect Bodhi!

sdd420

Veteran
I’m pulling up a chair bro. SSDD is killer in all crosses and very medicinal too. Im running strawberry Sunshine currently and have sourd x ssdd coming up. Peace sdd

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey Guys, thanks for the support! Tag along roll one up and enjoy the ride!

sdd420, right on man, yeah I love the SSDD crosses, I have ran SSDD itself in the past, only 2 females out of half a pack, and I made some crosses with a SSDD male that came out fire! I also ran the Colorado Flo x SSDD that bodhi donated to server fund a year or two ago, which were very nice with great flavor and high!

I have no experience with mendo purps, but from what I have research should be a pretty epic strain!

All seedlings looking good and vigorous and growing, got them vegging under some cob leds right now at a good light intensity, they should start kicking up the gear soon!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey Fellas, almost 2 and 1/2 weeks since I dropped the seeds in the dirt. Seedlings are doing well and growing happily! Im vegging them for another week or so, and then repotting them to the 15 gallons, 5 plants per pot. Probably veg another week or two on the 15s and then flip around mid January!

Here they are around 2 week after breaking the soil right after a fulvic foliar...

picture.php
Peace

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Today I checked the girls and a few of them looked droopy and unhappy, I though maybe overwatered, since I watered them 2 days ago... I inspected the roots and they looked like they starting to get rootbound and thats prolly why, so I repoted them, 5 each into a 15 gallon container filled with 13gallons of organic soil mix C, and they will be vegged for a bit longer under 50w for each pot of LED light. I also planted some cover crop on the pots to help with the moisture control on the top layer of the soil!

gmanwho

Veteran
the ssdd looks like it brought in some nice purp hues to the headbanger. they look amazing.

on the last picture of the headbanger x ssdd, on the yellowing fan leaves, do you know what caused the spotting? strange spotting pattern, one i dont think ive seen before....

looking forward to the show!!

bwell

sdd420

Veteran
Hey Guys, thanks for the support! Tag along roll one up and enjoy the ride!

sdd420, right on man, yeah I love the SSDD crosses, I have ran SSDD itself in the past, only 2 females out of half a pack, and I made some crosses with a SSDD male that came out fire! I also ran the Colorado Flo x SSDD that bodhi donated to server fund a year or two ago, which were very nice with great flavor and high!

I have no experience with mendo purps, but from what I have research should be a pretty epic strain!

All seedlings looking good and vigorous and growing, got them vegging under some cob leds right now at a good light intensity, they should start kicking up the gear soon!

Mendo purps that I’ve had was a mostly sativa killer high with long thin buds that would be great with ssdd. I hope you love it. Good luck and stay high brother. Peace sdd

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
the ssdd looks like it brought in some nice purp hues to the headbanger. they look amazing.

on the last picture of the headbanger x ssdd, on the yellowing fan leaves, do you know what caused the spotting? strange spotting pattern, one i dont think ive seen before....

looking forward to the show!!

bwell

Hey broda, thanks for the kind words... the last picture is actually a Dread Bread... the spotting im not sure, maybe the plant was too close to the LEDs, I noticed those spots were usually where the nugs were closer to the COBs... I also had some spider mite issue that run but I dont think thats what caused those...

sdd420, thanks for the review! sounds nice for sure!

Little update, the girls bounced back after the transplant, they all grew a good amount since and are looking very healthy, happy and green! I will veg for at least another 2 weeks, that should give me enough time to get some cuts from each one! sorry no pics, but next update I will share some!

Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
MPxSSDD 1
picture.php

Everything else is going great so far. Yesterday I tried to supercrop a bit to increase branching a bit, today they were all straight up shooting for the lights! I topdressed a good amount of fresh worm castings with many worms in it and today I gave their first good watering... Cover crop filled in very nicely, I will be mulching with some straw and hay soon!

Another week and I will flip to 11/13 lights!

Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Just a few additional notes... Today I tried to stem rub and couldnt quite get a good smell on them... These plants are very vigorous, with a tight structure, there is one stretchy pheno on the bunch so far, maybe because it was on the corner, there is also one with deep purple leaf stems, maybe an extra hungry lady of the bunch, all other seem very green and happy!

I think their roots finally are running nicely through the pot and I can start watering a bit more heavily, I watered around 2.5 litters to each pot today, should repeat in 4 or 5 days!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Tuning in for the show, pretty neat organic style/system you got going on here.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks man, welcome! I've done similar system before, but with 7 gallons instead of 15 gallons and less wattage... will be cool to see how the results compare at the end! :)

Last night I staked each one down to increase light penetration to lower branches and promote branching as well... I hope I dont over veg these ladies, they are getting huge, some nice menthol type smells on the stem crushes during supercrop! Anyways, another week till flip! Peace! :tiphat:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
picture.php

Thats it for today! I trained a bit more, tucked a few leafs here and there... Yesterday I gave some watering with some molasses, malted barley, worm castings and aloe! Another few more days and we flipping, will take clone after the show sex!

Also there is some sort of defieciency look to some of the fan leafs in 1 or 2 plants, I suspect it is from the LEDs being too bright, I had lowered the lights quite a bit a few days ago but I guess they didnt like that so much, I raised the lights back again. No a big issue... I will inspect it closely make sure there are no critters or such around... Theres also 1 or 2 plants that seem to be a male, its hard to tell for sure but I see some little balls popping out in a internode or two...
:tiphat:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Yesterday was day 0 of flower. We have so far 4 females and 4 males, 2 of each in each pot, and 2 undecided so far, hoping for 2 more females so I can end with 3 females per pot... that would be ideal.

A few of the plants are showing some discoloration on some fan leafs, not much of a biggie, but not idea either... anyways, the ball keeps rolling...

I took a few clones out of the females today and will give a good watering...

Peace!