What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"new" FDA head blocked!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Robert M. Califf, Obamas pick to head the FDA, has had a block put on him by Senators Sanders, Markey & Murkowski. the article in "Culture" magazine from August 19th (by B. M. Adams) explains how Califf has earned the wrath of the Senators (AND the rest of the nation, if they gave a SINGLE fuck!). his ties to big pharma & utter disdain for the citizens of this country disqualify him from ANY serious consideration for ANY job in the public spectrum. we need someone over the FDA that is working FOR us, rather than the bottom line of an industry that is willing to subject children to narcotics proven to kill, but unwilling to allow adults options that do not generate money for drug companies that already print their own money using our blood as ink...JMHO

jump /injack

Veteran
That was a good catch, "his ties to big pharma & utter disdain for the citizens of this country disqualify him from ANY serious consideration for ANY job in the public spectrum." Would be nice to know what pharmaceutical companies were in back of his nomination and how much the bribe, the lame duck administration is trying to leave someone that would NEVER hurt thier masters the drug companies. If both Trump and Hillary came out about rescheduling the herb it would be a plus in votes for either one from a grateful cannabis herb community.

jump /injack

Veteran
"De-scheduling is what the herb demands" is of course what should happen but first keep those that want de-scheduling out of jail. Reclassify the herb as something benign so that the young of this country don't get incarcerated for something that even our President and daughter is known to vape the herb for health. Maybe now that the President knows that Maula has joined the "Schroom Gang", maybe he'll be a little more reasonable and do one of those famous "Executive Orders".

Bongstar420

Nothing would stop the rich from owning most of the Cannabis industry without regulations making profits difficult to achieve. For instance, you can't buy alcohol for pain relief. You can just buy alcohol.

I suspect this is cultural, and the objections probably don't have as much to do with money as is commonly thought.

Jump/ Jack is right. If you want state rec, rescheduling is the only way that will work without changing the CSA to something entirely different than what it is...though it would make any medical claim illegal.

Robert M. Califf, Obamas pick to head the FDA, has had a block put on him by Senators Sanders, Markey & Murkowski. the article in "Culture" magazine from August 19th (by B. M. Adams) explains how Califf has earned the wrath of the Senators (AND the rest of the nation, if they gave a SINGLE fuck!). his ties to big pharma & utter disdain for the citizens of this country disqualify him from ANY serious consideration for ANY job in the public spectrum. we need someone over the FDA that is working FOR us, rather than the bottom line of an industry that is willing to subject children to narcotics proven to kill, but unwilling to allow adults options that do not generate money for drug companies that already print their own money using our blood as ink...JMHO

oldchuck

Veteran
"De-scheduling is what the herb demands" is of course what should happen but first keep those that want de-scheduling out of jail. Reclassify the herb as something benign so that the young of this country don't get incarcerated for something that even our President and daughter is known to vape the herb for health. Maybe now that the President knows that Maula has joined the "Schroom Gang", maybe he'll be a little more reasonable and do one of those famous "Executive Orders".

My god, I thought you were talking about Trump until I looked at the date.

G

My god, I thought you were talking about Trump until I looked at the date.

Which goes to show that those who hate one party or another need to realize the common ground of legalization. for 16 years before the last presidential election lots more could have been done. What was done was definitely a baby step in the right direction but pro cannabis people get too polarized to recognize "our guy" isnt really doing shit for legalization. Status quo since last election but hopefully President Trump is more open to some change.

Presidents dont really run the country if anyone is paying attention. Follow the money. There is NO D OR R in front of $$$.

marlicin

I agree that those who are in favor in using cannabis in medical field should support him. Everyone has ties, it could be big or small, to anybody, somebody or to well-known people or organization, and it shouldn't be that issue as long as these ties are for the good or benefits of many.

Latest posts

Latest posts