What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Pekoe Cambodian, Back to the Congo,HSO 707 HB

EvergreenState

Evergreen .... i have some pics of the HSO 707 Headband ... if you want to see them LMK .. peace
I'll go look at your photos star crash. The HSO 707 HEADBAND is a great strain. It's a slow vegger and needs two months veg. after the seedling stage, in order to get a nice big plant. It's a potent strain with a really nice high. It's gets a, highly recommended, review from me. I think HSO'S prices are low because they are relatively new in the market and they are trying to attract customers with those low prices.
Low prices doesn't mean low quality in HSO'S case if the 707 Headband is representative of their whole catalog. It's a bargain.

EvergreenState

Orange Pekoe Cambodian is the first strain that I've grown where the smell of the buds are important to me. The reason that it is so important to me is that smelling the buds is it's own unique experience.
I can open my storage containers and smell the buds over and over again just for the joy of experiencing those fragrances. The fragrances are unique and after two months of storage they are refined. Gone are all of the fresh plant material fragrances and now I'm left with the true fragrance of the plant and it is intoxicating. Literally intoxicating; I feel a little drunk after a smell session. I know it is funny to write about a smell session but it's accurate.
I can open a container, stick my nose down in the buds, take a big whiff, enjoy and go back in for more. Still, to this day, it is hard for me to describe the fragrances. I smell the buds and then I rack my brain trying to relate the fragrances with other more common fragrances to no avail.
The name of the strain usually gives you an idea. Orange scented tea? With all of the plant material smells dissipated I'm beginning to see that. I thought I detected some orange oil this morning for the first time. I will tell you this, it doesn't smell like marijuana. If I blind folded you, put the jar under your nose and asked you to describe the smell or tell me what it is, you'd never guess marijuana.
It's the only pot I've ever had where I'd like to keep a jar around forever for the sheer joy of smelling it. When my partner Sandy gets up I'm going to ask her to smell it and give me her description of the fragrances. Her nose to brain connection is better than mine; she can smell something and connect the dots to other fragrances better than I.
When I take a whiff from the jar I feel like Snuffes the dog when he gets his treat:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MmPh8TJu2IY

TheBlaze

That is an intriguing write up. I'm pretty good at picking it out smells. Makes this strain even more tempting now.

EvergreenState

The Nose says, first word FRUITY, then LEMONY LYSOL, then SWEET maybe BERRIES. In other words, sweet berry, lemony solvent. The mix of those smells is a unique combination in my exoerience. Her last word was PUNGENT. :artist:

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Orange scented tea? With all of the plant material smells dissipated I'm beginning to see that
.....you nailed it....
Aloha Evergreen.....very nice work bradda...these tropical wild varieties are far from easy to manage at times but I love the uniqueness of them all!....been watching from the cheap seats so power to it and keep rollin..
Below my grow of Reefs original stock of OrangePekoe..It literally smelled like OPekoe Tea...wasn't the strongest by far but was very unique indeed...rock hard buds to..
FOE20
attachment.php

Attachments

• OPekoeFull1_12-09-08.jpg
    OPekoeFull1_12-09-08.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 20

TheBlaze

Sounds like a fantastic combination indeed. I wonder what Jack Herer will bring to the mix in terms of nose. Remember, my beans are crossed with JH. Maybe some spice...

EvergreenState

Sounds like a fantastic combination indeed. I wonder what Jack Herer will bring to the mix in terms of nose. Remember, my beans are crossed with JH. Maybe some spice...
Hopefully it will bring down the flowering time and height. I wasn't able to veg. the OPC as long as I would have liked because of the quick vertical growth. The OPC is a vigorous growing beast of a plant which I would have loved to have been able to grow outdoors; I think it would have been a giant.
Grown outdoor in your South African environment it probably would be 4-5meters tall and wide, yielding 2-3 kilos. With the Jack thrown in the mix I think all of those numbers would come down a bit depending on pheno.
The nose won't be improved, I don't see how the fragrance could be improved but maybe changed with more clove. I don't know if it would reduce the other fragrances or detract from the overall pleasure that I experience; have to wait and see. I do like the idea of the cross.
The high has been changing as it cures. It's been like a car that has a turbo charger and the turbo lag gets less and less as you tune it. I haven't smoked it for over two weeks because I was letting it finish. Now at two months after the harvest I feel it is almost ready.
The smell is now refined but it is the only plant I've grown where I feel it may not be fully finished until it has 3-5 months in my containers. With the humidity in the containers remaining from 59% to 64% and as curing continues, I expect the final product to have a more perfume fragrance as the mild solvent smell continues to fade. I actually disagree with Sandy on the fragrance. I don't get the sweet fruitiness that she gets. I still can't describe it but it's more subtle than she descibes. It is it's own unique fragrance that has depth and body. A tea shop, not orange but all of those tea fragrances mixed.
If you get phenos that are a nice mix of the of the Jack (Depending on the Jack pheno chosen for the cross) and the OPC, you could have unique plants. Probably nothing else like it and a keeper that would be your very own signature strain. The potential is there. Take cuts!

I woke up with these lyrics in my head:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UcF8pBKnU24

Last edited:

TheBlaze

Yes, I agree. I think if I can find a champion in those 10 beans, then there really won't be anything in SA that is the same. I love my chems and diesels, but while the decents chems are hard to come by, they are definitely out there. Not very many people growing indoor sativas, and none with these kind of genetics. I will take cuts of all the GT strains I have. Another few weeks, and the LV420 will be ready to clone.

EvergreenState

Yes, I agree. I think if I can find a champion in those 10 beans, then there really won't be anything in SA that is the same. I love my chems and diesels, but while the decents chems are hard to come by, they are definitely out there. Not very many people growing indoor sativas, and none with these kind of genetics. I will take cuts of all the GT strains I have. Another few weeks, and the LV420 will be ready to clone.

Good luck with all of your new grows and I hope you find something that's a keeper for you. You're a diesel fan, have you tried Reserva Privadas' Sour Diesel? That one intrigues me.

TheBlaze

It intrigues me as well EGS. My new beans are almost at my door. They include 6 x fem The OG#18 from Reserva Privada. Apparently a sour, large yielding og kush. To me the buds look alot like chem 91. So I had to find out for myself, and ordered some. This same order also has HSO 707 Headband, and then a few anubis seeds as well.

EvergreenState

Back to the Congo #1- Fast finisher at 45-50 days. I got three of these out of a ten pack. At 2.5 months of curing, this is now the strongest of the three. At first I thought this was the weakest of the three. Could have been a little bit simplistic in that assessment, associating fast finishing with lower potency. I've never experienced this big of a potency change from uncured to cured.
Regardless, this is now the most potent, so far, of the three phenos. This pheno would be great as a breeder, beautiful buds, great sweet cherry taste and smell, plenty potent, fast finisher; it has quite a few desirable traits.
I love it.:peacock:
picture.php

EvergreenState

Picked up an 1/8th at a local retailer. Legalization has it's faults and benefits. Being able to take a short drive and pick up an eighth of some great pot legally feels pretty damn good. It has taken some hard work to get to this point.:tiphat:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

Orange Pekoe Canbodian after more than two months in the jar at 65% humidity. Burns great, smokes smooth. Intense electric initial high where your head and body are buzzing. Mellows to a still intense whole body painkiller. Still very buzzy and electric but comfortable, it doesn't make you hyper or nervous. Focus is good at times but also a little spacey or Hazey at times. Long lasting with enough motivation to get things done.:dance013:
Easy to grow with great vigor, nice production, great high and Golden Tree thought enough of it to breed with and he created several crosses using the OPC. If you can find it, I'd recommend you get it and you'll see just how versatile and high quality it is.
picture.php

EvergreenState

I think that is every growers' feeling. I know I've wished I had the space to grow 10 or 15 strains at the same time.
When you do try the OPC crosses you will probably find some very vigorous plants. The OPC is a beast.

TheBlaze

Yup, I've heard that sentiment echoed many times over the years. Gone are the days I was happy with one 5 x 5 tent and 6 plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts