What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hail Hydra!

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
anyway i grabbed my friends old cab i built for him a few years ago and modded it some. 3x3'x5' so far using 70w hps i had lying around and a couple cfl's. veggin up for now. most likely gonna flower in this too till i can either construct a dedicated veg or get another tent and light for the flower.

picture.php

basic as it gets.

picture.php

my bubba's finally started showing some signs of reveg...these shits veg so goddamn slow. i topped the one in the front this morning to encourage branching, the other one i'll leave alone. the strawberryDeez on the right is in full swing and i should have some cuts in a week and hopefully rooted in 2. 3 at most. 4 weeks from now i should be flowering something. might have to take all my seedlings outside to veg.

picture.php

i'm not worried about the bugs that came in with me, i found this baby dragon in there guarding my grow last night, i thought i was so high i was hallucinating...theres a little green lizard in this pic right? #onlyinflorida

picture.php

this shoebox full of dirt will be my attempt at a bed style grow. i have 13 seeds that are apparently not going to come up in here.

daze (strawberry pheno#2)xSSK (super silva kush)
wish me luck. i don't have any more of these seeds it was an accidental hermie cross, but i still want them to come up since both mom and dad are now extinct...or rather mom and mom.

picture.php

lastly we have my most prized possession. the offspring from the best weed i ever had. some seeds i made in 2007 that i sat on too long and out of countless dozens of seeds and finally soaking the last 9 i ended up with 3 seedlings which i am guarding like a mother sharkeaglehawkhenbear. left one is MF1K (Misha[best weed ever]F1xBagseed Kush. other 2 on the right are SF3 (Sasha[secondbest weed ever]F3) hoping for at least one girl or one boy and i'm gonna make more seeds to sort through for that cinnamon. that shit was the best.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
so... starting off...it took the course of since my last post till yesterday. but 13/13 up 100% germ rate on these 2012 seeds. the last guy prolly won't make it since it's all out of energy and the seed shell was stuck on. we'll see what happens after 24/h light.

picture.php

very happy to see what comes from these. i had a strong smelling girl go herm on me, full on herm one budsite and dusted everything in the area. dusted my Haze pheno of SSourHaze (straight strawberry jam), really interested to see what i get. the herm girl is a mexican sativa (oaxaca) that hermed on my g13(GN) she smelled real earthy and lemony like OGK really, dead ringer for the nose, but the earthy smell was off the charts from the G13 no doubt. the pheno i found i call the dumpster pheno. coffee, and hot garbage. like a dumpster behind starbucks. hopefully that hermy shit skipped a generation of got minimized by the addition of some non herming girls.

picture.php

My seedlings are doing well since last week too. my sasha and mishas are coming along. some bugs tried to get at me and got the business end of everything i had at my disposal. i've been plucking leaves and spraying homemade pest spray, and crushing bugs with bare hands. total destruction of anything i don't recognize as beneficial. my 5G's also came up. of the 4 seeds i had left 3 came up. one was pale and i didn't expect to live anyway. we can move forward with 3 plants. 2 are strong and healthy,the 3rd was attacked by some fungus and looked like it would dampen off but i was like fuck that. we're gonna do this, we know how to fight it now. she's recovering. i transplanted to a larger container too so that the roots can dry out and recover.

gotta run outfor a second bbl to finish. wish this forum had a draft save

alright so where was i?

picture.php

got some clones revegging. i didn't label very well some are RGM and some are either the other pheno of RGM or something else that was in the tent when i was taking cuts that day. but the rgm should be ready for giving up cuts in a couple weeks then i'll hack em up for a couple insurance clones and then send em to flower out couple weeks later.

the p98 bubba clones are starting to reveg...very slowly...i topped em to promote the branching and revegging...
picture.php

picture.php

on the other hand the strawberry is revegging like wild fire and i should be able to take some clones next week and start this one into flower in about 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
I'm pretty positive about this grow so far, everything seems to be lining up for me so far. my last oldest most valued seeds finally germed a couple...gonna be the best there were no doubt.

i also stumbled across the original pots i made to do my pheno hunt back in 2007 almost 10 years 3 cities and 2 states ago.

picture.php

picture.php

Hop in the wayback machine to when i was experimenting with my first hydro setup hardcore ghetto style
i'm not sure if either of these sickly looking things is misha or sasha...but the quick version is i was trying to see if you can tell a sativa or indica plant in the seed.
i sorted out like 25-100 seeds i don't even remember anymore. but was prolly 25. had em sorted by size, and my hypothesis that large seeds = indica and tiny seeds = sativa. 6 little 1 quart paint buckets from casa de pot. i put the seedlings after sprouting into my "hydro setup" but i didn't have nutes yet. fast forward some 30 days or so of nothing but plain water and i had like 10 seedlings that weren't dead yet. i took the best 6 and planted em. i got 5 plants. 4 girls and 1 male. i dusted em all with the male. popped the seeds from the offspring and been randomly crossing back and forst for a few years.

then i had a run in with some pork sausages. so i moved around a little till i found a safe place to pop open these valuable bastards. nightmare difficulty selection process. only the strong ones are allowed here.

like i said i'm exceited to be continuing my first ever breeding project after almost 10 years of pitfalls doubters and haters. there's gold in here and i hope to show it to anyone who cares to see.

picture.php

sasha and misha together in their first home. 2 plants in this pot. one has 2 branches tied to the edges of the pot (sasha) the other one is a single cola plant in the middle of the other branches (misha)

picture.php

"budshot" from misha. can't see anything in this old grainy picture of an immature flowering plant but this was the frostiest thing i had for a few years. i couldn't even trim it since it gummed up the works after like 3 passes on a single bud. yields worse than cookies but man if this isn't the best weed ever. i still think about the first time i smoked it till this day...

picture.php

also managed to find a pic of the dad. has some strong genes in there, that curved leaf trait is how i can find my misha in a crowd.

based on these funny leaves it's possible this might have been some sort of a kush bagseed or something related to it? i dunno this was actually a few years before the OGK hype train rolled into my town. before that and at the time i was growing these everyone just called everything "dro"

Last edited:

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
picture.php

currently: MishaF1xKush (MF1K) sitting in her throwback pot. i don't even know how i still have these. luckily my friend is a hoarder lol and kept these from all those years ago.
MishaF1 crossed to a seed i got from a friend as "Kush" the weed it came from smelled real piney. i got like 4 seeds, 2 poppwed, both males. one was so deformed it never showed sex. it was a full featured looking plant...but it was only 3 inches tall and 3 inches around. the largest fan leaf was like 1/4 inch across. lol funny looking plant. the other plant was a strong true male and since it was my only one i used it to dust everything for the f2 generation.

just got back from the store picking up supplies for my next run. just copped some fixtures and a few of these LED bulbs. i accidentally looked into one earlier after i took the dome off...i'm still blind in the center of my vision.

picture.php

picture.php

they have these bulbs at lowes on sale right now $3.50 a pack. 9w/750 lumens and a 15 led array.

for comparison i spent the same price on these ikea brand bulbs 5w at 400 lumens and only 3 leds...

instantly i'm getting 5x more led for the same price.

for comparison these are the ikea bulbs.

picture.php

the left one is the OLD model of 400lumen bulb they used to sell has 5 LED, i found it in a closet light upstairs. the other new one only has 3 LED, and i suspect what they did was rebrand the old style 400lumen bulb with 5 LED as the 600 lumen bulb for twice the price while pitching off these 3 LED bulbs as the 400lumen ones.

anyway i got's a lot...not really lol i gots some work to do.. see you next time.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i'm just getting into the led scene, and what a cheap way to start. already seeing a noticeable difference in the cab in just 18 hours, everything is leaning towards the one 9w led bulb with the 15 led's lol i'll get a pic in a minute. also found a trifolate. a holdover gene from my G-13 mom. she started as a tri and grew out of it. lets see what happens with this one. anyway gonna go hack up these bulbs and splice these wires. l8rz

*update*
picture.php

trifoliate.

picture.php

the seedlings in the back (4 by the jar) were under the light for the last 12 hours, not even this one but the 5LED one from ikea, and already everything has started to stand back up, they were all leaning heavy or laying all the way down for the most part before. if you see those ones in the cups even are leaning in towards the LED. also made me realize my HPS bulb i put in was the old one cuz the shiit was weak. i swapped out the new bulb but still this new LED i bought is brighter just the one 9w lamp is outshining my 70w HPS bulb. wow. i can't wait to finish wiring these up.

picture.php

Last edited:

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
alright a couple hours some zip ties, an extension cord, a box cutter, some screws, and an elbowgrease screwdriver and a couple bong hits later.

...let there be light...bright ass goddamn light. i went outside my house to see how bright it looks and i swear you would think i had a 400 fired up in here.

lets see how this looks in a week.

picture.php

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
weird i thought i posted something a couple days ago...

anyway...that's weird cuz i distinctly recall posting something...i even have pics in my album. maybe i forgot to hit send?

oh well.

bought a gallon of this fertilizer the other day, it's called Grow and Gain...which i'm trying to do...also says it grows trees...also trying to do that... i mostly bought it for my garden outside but it's got chelated micros and acids and shit in it so imma prolly do a side by side with one of my clones using this.

picture.php

picture.php

Also redid my lights...well no...i added 4 more lights in between the other 4 and staggered em a bit for more even coverage.

picture.php

looks pretty bright to my eyes. we'll see soon how the plants react. only using the 3 LED ikea cheap shit bulbs for now. gonna replace em and try these walmart brand LED's that claim 800 lumens. on sale this week for like $2 a pop.

picture.php

lastly a full cab shot minus the light. shits not looking super great because of the underfeeding i wrote about in the last post i made that just disappeared. anyway till next time.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i was worried that these led's might not put off enough light but so far i'm impressed. plants are growing faster than if i had a comparable amount of cfl's in there, by wattage or count. plants are all branching faster than even under mH. must be the full spectrum of the light they claim on the box. never seen a chart/graph or anything.

they keep the plants very stout too it seems. i just flipped to flower about 4 days ago lets see if they stretch like usual.

picture.php

transplant day, and most of the roots look pretty healthy. this is the BSKf3 roots are nice, but little runty weak hungry looking up top. in 2 days didn't even look like the same plant. that one was ready to go.

the seedlings in the bed, which is quickly turning into a mitsake, have exploded in growth since i flipped to 12/12 the other day. in just 2 day's they've almost tripled in size.

picture.php

picture.php

right before their first night.

picture.php

2 days later. bam! shit got insane real quick. i'm learning the hard way, or rather they're learning the nightmare difficulty. only the strong survive. the big one's are crowding everything else for space, and completely covering the runts you can't see in this pic.

the rest of the cab has gotten nicer too everything recovering since the transplant and the feeding of teas with every watering.
here's the before shot...
picture.php

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
2 days later and it's like
picture.php

blaouw! didn't all super explode but they really took off. everything is looking great now cept theose other 5G's #2/#3 still looking very runty. can't just be from the soil being too hot. everything else has bounced back. these round pots...

picture.php

i'm gonna recover em somehow just in case this #1 isn't a girl. it's almost a dead ringer in leaf shape and structure as the first one i grew. ...scroll back a few pages... hope it's a girl. if it's a dude maybe one of those others will be girls and i can hunt the f2's for another one like the one i lost.

picture.php

the shorter of my 2 sasha's is recovering nicely considering the near death state it was in before the transplant. those little pots i made for my first hydro adventure are way too holey for soil. roots were getting so dry causing all sorts of issues.

look how short she stays, it's not just because she's a short plant everyone with led grows always says how squat the plants are. and i see it for myself. they are all little midget plants with very very close node spacing.

picture.php

like this RGM i dunno which wheno this is, i didn't really separate the cuts. ith's either the one that turns purple or the one that looks blue. we'll find out together. but 50 cent says it's the purple pheno.

picture.php

here's the other one. not as much purple in the veins possibly the one that only turns bluish.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
but wait there's more. trying to document em all before they start to flower out and i can't recognize em anymore.

picture.php

here's those sadG's (5G #2/#3) i mentioned before. roots poking out the bottom and i'm betting are nice and white, but they are still not growing. i'm gonna transplant em into some square pots if i don't see any improvement by the end of the week.

picture.php

my stars sasha and misha.

this here is actually MishaF1K i mislabeled the pots when i transplanted. luckily i know them so well and they grow so true. one look at the leaves i knew i fucked up. but speaking of leaves, here's a preview of the frost levels in this strain. seedlings 4 weeks from seed not even sexed and leaves glistening with trichomes. these are gonna be the major fans when she/he gets large. /rubs hands with glee

i don't think i ever grew any seeds from this cross i grew one seed from the mishaF3xK cross. it was devastating.

picture.php

this sashaf3 is no slouch either can't really see in this pic but it's got early frost on the fanleaves too like misha. i'm hoping for blueberry leaners. also hoping for girls lol. i've got plans no matter which way it goes. if i get girls then i'll hit em with the mf3 dust, if i get males i'll use em to dust my wbkxmf3 (chicago bearry) rather one of each so i can make some f2's though. if i get a girl mf1k i'll dust it with some mf3 pollen as well as a male from my chibrry to try and bx the misha since i think this is my actual last seed of any traces of her growing now.

i'll wrap up by talking about my "Strawberry Hogwash" (DazexSSK) i'm finding some interesting phenos in these 12 seedlings. i can see some strawberry leaners by the leaves, the G-13 leaners i can spot by this trifoliar mutation as well as the leaf pattern. lastly we have the kush leaners which are the tall dark plants with the bigger leaves. the SSK that hermed was a big dark green monstrosity. i'll try and find a pic one of these days. the strawberry daze (SourStrawHaze, haze pheno) was a frost monster. annoying levels of frost. i couldn't stand to touch it because it made my fingers feel dirty and gritty from all the resin that immediately sticks to you with the lightest brush.

picture.php

i'm hella excited to see what comes out of this,first time doing a run of seed from hermy sources so i'm anxious about staying on top of any nanners, and i'm itching to see if they all come up girls too. i'll keep whatever hits me the hardest and has the best smells i guess. oddly enough the strong lemony gas smells of the SSK are combining with the strong strawberry lemonade of the Daze to make a orange smell out of most of the seedlings. without even doing stem rubs i can smell a strong orange peel aroma coming out of the tray.
picture.php

this one is the second G-13 pheno i've found in here. this one started off regular growth and around the 4th node it decided 3 was better than 2 and here we go...

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
picture.php

trifoliate. G-13 pheno

well....since i have to burn up a whole other page...you get more pics.

picture.php

Strawberry pheno...leaf fringes reminiscent of a strawberry leaf.

picture.php

Kush pheno... dark green thick leaves.

picture.php

BSK#1F3 looking like a totally different plant after getting some more room to spread those pretty roots.

picture.php

lastly p98BK starting to branch out a little. got these big leaves getting bigger. didn't grow like this in coco. actually it's grown 3 different ways all 3 times so far.

whew...that was a lot. but we're all caught up now. hopefully there will be tales of sex and genitals next week.

ciao

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
So this grow is teaching me a lot about how the genes are passed on through the generations. this is a 3 way cross at this point in the generational tree. first i grew out a G-13 which was inbred to the point it was stabilized (ibl), then i grew an old seed i had from some seeds i found in some weed back in the early 90's i called it circa 94 since that was when i started smoking. i ended up with 1 seed pop out of like 50-100 it was a male. i used the pollen to dust my G-13. i grew out one of those seeds and it hermed on my daze which is a haze pheno of strawberry cough x Super silver sour diesel haze which is in itself like 2 more strains each made of 2 or more strains. out of this cross i'm seeing plants that lean to the circa94, some plants that lean to the strawberry haze side of things just based on leaf patterns, and some g-13 phenos which are the easiest to spot because they have carried the trifoliate mutation over from the mom G-13 i used.

picture.php

This plant started off normal then around the 6th node started going Tri.

picture.php

Now oddly enough this is the one I identified as a G-13 cross at first, but now it's started growing regular 2 branches a node.

picture.php

Here's another one that started off as a regular plant and started growing Tri. now another odd mutation on this one is that leaf on the left. it's like 2 halves of 2 separate leaves that are fused at the middle fingers.

picture.php

I just threw this huge leathery leaf monstrosity out in the backyard to veg up for cuts. i still havent determined which RGM pheno is which. one is growing Big ass dark green leaves as it reveg others are growing smaller versions of the smiliar shaped leaves as this one. and theres another 3rd plant that was mixed in with these cuts. i think it might be my donkey kong pheno of the GG#4xRGT i dunno. i need to go look at these pics i took when they were vegging. possibly the phenos of RGM are the one i think is donkey kong and all the rest that i think are RGM are the other pheno. the leaf shapes are too different for them to be just 2 different strains in there.

picture.php

last up this BubbaKush still going. starting to branch out some. yet again growing different from the last 2 runs. the fan leaves didn't get anywhere near this large in veg and even in flower i don't think. in a larger pot of coco.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i'm confused about these dazexssk seeds. i thought i knew the plant that made the seeds, but i'm looking at my old thread and that plant was a GoldilocksxCirca94 and according to what i wrote. only got 1 seed from it. i see the G-13 mutation in there...when did i make these seeds??

ok having looked through all the threads where i grew some of this strawberry...i can't figure out what these seeds came from. i wrote dazexssk on the bag but...i think i may have been confused. and these are actually dazexGoldy94. I dunno why i wrote dazexssk...possibly those seeds i thought were goldy94 were actually the SSK#2 that hermed on my g13...i dunno theyre gonna be dazexg17 till i figure it out.

Last edited:

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
So... major faux pas the other day...accidentally gave all my plants inside and outside... some anaerobic tea :(

killed a lot of roots and locked up almost half my plants. some are seriously bad and others are merely bruised...lesson learned. only use if it smells like molasses.

gonna be a while before they recover but they're coming back.

picture.php

Daze x ??? i dunno anymore. i'm calling em "Strawberry Hogwash" from now on since i can't remember what pollinated my daze. anyway they are all stunted except the 2 biggest ones. the worst were the runs you can't see. they were already little spindly weak things. they're most likely not gonna make it.

picture.php

my SashaF3#1 took it the hardest. i hope this one is male actually...or female. if i get a male i can make F2's with my sasha as well as dust her with both my mishaf1K and the pollen from my MishaF3 which is now extinct with exception of some pollen.

but SashaF2 was made up of SashaxMisha so if i dust either male on my SF3 i should be able to get out of it 50% sasha and 50% misha. i'm excited.

if it's a girl imma test out some of this CS and see if i can reverse her.

picture.php

my 5G looking pretty unhappy. it's leaves all got this cupped up look to em...i dunno maybe it's a deficiency that causes that look since i had that look on my Foghorns from last round if you recall. hmmm something to study on. well the cupping of the leaves. they weren't ALL BURNED LIKE THIS TOO. oops caps.

picture.php

my RGM clones. i finally sorted em out. they have identical leaf shapes, but the #1 rgm gets much bigger and branches more. it's the sativa leaning one. the smaller one must have been the indica leaning single cola style plant. that 3rd plant in the back that i thought was the second pheno of RGM is actually the donkey kong pheno (gg4xrgt) or it's possible i actually took clones of the 5G from last time. i' find out in a few weeks when it starts to fully flower.

you might also be able to see a leaf and a piece of paper on the right side of this pic. i found my first male in the StrawberryHogwash. it's going outside to root up and be kept till needed. all my males will be going outside. only want controlled seeds from my misha pollen.

picture.php

out of all this bad news, i have some good news. my sasha#2 the tall sativa pheno is a GIRL!!!

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
everything in the cab is slowly recovering. letting em all dry out good before more watering/feeding. in the meantime figured i'd update thread to track outdoor plants also.

i guess it's still not summer enough here yet as the clones i stuck outside to veg up are...flowering again...it's june now so i suspect they will stop and go back to reveg in a couple weeks more.

picture.php

RGM#1 bigger in stature and thicker stems than the #2 pheno which is all around just smaller.

picture.php

Suspected DonkeyKong, something working on the leaves...leaf miners i think? to the right and out of frame are my other 2x 5G's. slowly but shirley vegging up and recovering.

picture.php

RGM#2 the look is almost exact to the #1 pheno but paler green and smaller leaves and less branching. the leave shape is exactly the same though.

picture.php

MishaF1K male slowly but surely.

picture.php

and my other Pre98Bubba finally starting to show some life. cut away all the remaining buds to promote the branching and new growths.

just a quick update, see ya round space cowboy

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
picture.php

wholecab

alright large update today. week 4 flower...wouldn't be able to tell though lol. shit's finally recovered and starting to take off in growth from that incident a few weeks back. most everything is looking nicer now with a couple sluggards.

picture.php

5G looking waaaay better.

picture.php

RGM#2 slightly better than last week.

picture.php

RGM#1 still looking fairly stressed still, but slowly pulling out.

picture.php

still not the foggiest clue what this cut is. either gonna be 5G (very unlikely i don't even think i took cuts of that first one) or it's the donkey kong pheno of GG#4xrgt don't recall any of them looking like this or growing like this either they were all viney stretchy things.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
picture.php

BSK#1F3
this one never really took a hit though.

picture.php

Deez looking very sad. i might take her back outside for a reveg. none of my clones took and i'm not sure anyone still has the clones i gave em. awesome daytime smoke here.

picture.php

sashaF3#1 looks the saddest of all. but slowly and surely coming around

picture.php

sashaF3#2 looking beast. i wish these things branched...i forgot to take a clone. this is my last 2 seeds ever of sasha in any form. gonna need to reveg as well as make seeds. most likely gonna take the #1 outside for a reveg and cuts once she looks healthy enough to survive the sun.

picture.php

p98bubbaKush starting to funk up the place with coffee skunk scents.