What's new

soiless with wormcasting ,ph question

I use this mix called sunshine mix advanced,with worm casting and a micro nute (grandular). what should i be ph ing my nute solution at . I have good results but here and there i have a nute def, a few plants purple stems from top to bottom, ( veg) , and another plant leaves yellow and crisp up in (6 week flower) is suspect a ph issue( locking out nutes). i have been tettering at around 5.8.. i suspect im too low but have not confirmed it, some tell me im doing hand watering hydro because of the sunshine mix , some say im closer to soil because worms castings.. can some one shed light on this .

Thank you

Faint

i mix my own soil with peat moss, perlite, worm castings, lime, and humic acid, and i set my ph from 5.8 - 6.0 and run lucas formula GH on blumats and never have a problem. you may just not be feeding enough, or could be over watering. how old are the plants. do you have any pics?

Morcheeba*

Veteran
ive never use that mix but i handwater in 85% coco / 15% worm castings and i treat it just like 100% coco......ph ~5.8 - 6.0

im not sure how much WC or other stuff is in your medium so im sorry i couldnt help much.

peace

Coba

Veteran
are you adding/feeding any other kind of food besides the granular micro-nutrients?

The nutes i use are advanced micro grow bloom line non ph perfect. I use most of the line....i feed at almost 1100 ppm , feed ,water feed, water( flower plants at almost 7 weeks).....the veg plants get the same line but mixed up for grow. im at 500 ppm the planst are about 1.5ft tall...... i will try to get pics if i ever find the darn camera....

Hey man this is the Organic soil forum.

If you would like to know how to grow organically you are in the right place. Not many of us bother to pH anything. None of us use Advanced Nutrients and GH. We also have no use for the Lucas formula. The problems you are describing don't sound pH related anyway. The amount of EWC in your mix is minimal as well as the 'liming mix' of your soil.

Take a look at the Real Organic Living Soil sticky at the top of this forum. Drop the bottles of chemical ferts and plenty of people over here will get you on the right track. Take a look at W89's grow...I believe it is his first attempt at organics and he's got some damn nice plants.

Good Luck
RD

organics has always been the way i wanted to go , but i always thought maybe it was tuffer for me to do with my awful spine the way it is . plus i have noisy neighbors,so everything has to be done indoors.....but im more than willing to take advise and possibley do organic.. i really hate advanced nutes, but when i started i bought gallons and have been trying to use it all up since i have it . but always felt there is a better way ....

I will check the threads you sugested

TY

Faint

They

Try both, do a side by side. I find organics an easy technique, for some its a way of life. Some like fiddling with gadgets and numbers, like its a science project or hot rod. Lots of different ways for different kinds of folks. Good genetics has also been a game changer for me personally.

W89

Veteran
organics has always been the way i wanted to go , but i always thought maybe it was tuffer for me to do with my awful spine the way it is . plus i have noisy neighbors,so everything has to be done indoors.....but im more than willing to take advise and possibley do organic.. i really hate advanced nutes, but when i started i bought gallons and have been trying to use it all up since i have it . but always felt there is a better way ....

TY

Faint

Hi mate, I would likeo say I'm running my frist organic grow and find it so easy, once I made my soil, and I like to point out all indoors on a tarp.. It's been such a breath of fresh air.

I've been growing indoors with coco for going on 6 or 7 years now and never been 100% satisfied, OK with yield and growth yeah, but not taste, and as a non smoker who likes the buzz this just didnt work for me. and I am a perfectionist and want the best shit around you know!

so I gave organic a go, went the whole 9 yards, worm bin for my own castings, kelp, alfalfa, neem meal, chicken shit, crab ect..... and I am so happy with my results so far, lovely lush healthy plants no deficencys nothing and I think this will be my most successfull grow so far in terms of quality, we will see about yield but this is my first with this light/strain and grow space.

I sincerely suggest you give it a go, if you strive for the best quality and ease of the whole thing.

I'm pretty drunk so will come back tomorrow when im clearer head and talk some more. check out my thread and you will see my soil mix and the plants.

Chat tomorrow bud!

Try both, do a side by side. I find organics an easy technique, for some its a way of life. Some like fiddling with gadgets and numbers, like its a science project or hot rod. Lots of different ways for different kinds of folks. Good genetics has also been a game changer for me personally.

genetics... you got it man. you can tinker with a hot rod hydro set up or grow with organic soil, but quality genetics are key.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=111046
if you have a bad spine check out this thread on blumats, i read it and went ahead and dropped the money and got some and now i can go on vacation and actually have a life. i use GH and Fox Farm Chaching, and silica with some drip clean and it works great no bending over and reaching through the jungle, getting slapped in the face and resin all over you.

M

MrSterling

Again, this is organics. GH nutes and Lucas formula aren't organic.

Coba

Veteran
Organics... this is the best organic knowledge conglomerate base on the web to date... period. Cannabis -related or otherwise.

period.

M

MrSterling

This is fucking truth. We have some of the most amazing, brilliant and *scientific* users on this board. If you want to learn, organics is the place to do it.

TY

Faint

Coot is one of the best organic growers in the entire country, if not the world.
I believe he is limited to picking up 7lbs or less.

Latest posts

Latest posts