What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mosaic virus

I just culled 2 flowering plants due too a wide spread case of mosaic virus. So I was told by a better grower. I now see it in some veg plants. What the frig should I do grow them all out for last time, no more cuttings and then sterilize veg room and start from scratch ? That would suck is there anything short of starting over that I can do about this ?

Thanks

Faint

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
You may have Broad Mites. Very prevalent these days, hard to spot. Symptoms look like TMV.

You may have Broad Mites. Very prevalent these days, hard to spot. Symptoms look like TMV.

Well the person who told me I had the virus checke for mites and said I did not have them' would I see webs ? Can these been seen naked eye ? If I do have broad mites, can it be cured? Or just managed. How is it treated ?

Thanks for reply

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Lotsa questions...There is a thread called Broad Mites.. Look at that for all the info you need.. BM's are not Spider Mites, do not leave webs, and are diagnosed usually too late for most to save the plants... Avid is the cure, if there is one. The symptoms are almost exactly the same as TMV.

IMHO< TMV is not as prevalent as many think - and Broad Mite infestations are MORE common than people think.

Latest posts

Latest posts