What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snow Fruit ® ★ Test Grow ★ [Micro Grow] :|NIP Style|:

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Strain Report
Snow Fruit ®
picture.php

IDENTIFICATION

Strain: Snow Fruit
SeedBank: Sweet Seeds
Judge: Tommy
Grower: Tommy
Report date: 15-03-2011

picture.php
picture.php

EVALUATION (0/20)

Ease of cultivation: 17
Yield: 17
Appearance: 17
Visible trychomes: 19
Aroma of the dried flowers: 19
Taste of the smoke/vapor: 18
Texture of the smoke/vapor: 17
Tolerance: 16
Effect: 17
Buzz duration: 17

Final result: (174/200)

picture.php
picture.php

COMMENTS

Plant characteristics: Snow Fruit grows very fast and with vigour. This variety produces a good quantity of side branches even when not pruned or trained (LST). If we leave her vegging for some good 25 days she can branch enough to fill a generous grow area with her robustness and a short internodal space. Allows for good results with SCROGs, like in this grow diary. The flowering period is relatively short, mine was ready to harvest with about 60 days of flowering (or around 68 days of 12/12).

Aroma and taste descriptions: Snow Fruit has a very distinctive aroma, with strong fruity tones, like dried fruits and also a little like berrys or blueberries. In the middle of flowering, for about 2 weeks, she had an incredible aroma of hazelnuts. Smelling my fingers after rubbing them in the flowers was almost like shewing a hazelnut. I think that odour was more addictive than smoking/vaporizing the dried and cured flowers. But once she's ready to be consumed the aroma's still very exquisite and special, with a strong taste, slightly sweet, that reminds me of fruits but also of wood. A noticeable hazelnut taste is still present, but not as fresh as the aroma she had when flowering, it is more like toasted almonds or peanuts right now. Also a slightly touch of earth, but fresh and humid like. Sweet and aromatic, as the Sweet Seeds line is in general.

.:|Flavors and Odours of the Flowers and their Vapors|:.

[1 - hardly noticeable | 10 - strong presence]

Bitter [ ] Bittersweet [ ] Musk [ ] Ammonia [ ] Anise [2] Berry [6] Blueberry [5] Coffee [ ] Meat [ ] Church [2] Cedar [ ] Cherry [2] Chewing Gum [2]
Chocolate [ ] Citric [1] Coconut [ ] Fuel [2] Sweet [4] Spices [2] Floral [1] Strawberry [ ] Fruit [5] Candy [2] Hashish [3] Weed [ ]
Iron [ ] Incense [2] Soap [2] Lemon [1] Wood [4] Mango [ ] Peach [ ] Melon [ ] Mint [3] Menthol [2] Honey [ ] Moss [ ] Orange [3]
Nutmeg [2] Oil [ ] Perfume [1] Leather [2] Pepper [ ] Pine [ ] Pineapple [ ] Rotten [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Cheese [ ] Chemical [ ] Liquorice [ ]
Skunk [3] Earthy [3] Grape [1] Vanilla [ ]
picture.php
picture.php

Effect descriptions: Medicinal Indica kind of effect, with some influence also at the mental level, it's slighlty psychoactive also, but just a little bit. It relaxes the body and inspires the mind. Potent enough to put to sleep anyone who is in a calm place and consumes a bit more than the usual dosis. It's a bit intoxicating and so it is a very good choice when the user wants to obtain a strong effect with ony a few puffs, but no so good to when we want to consume more quantity to enjoy the aromas or simply to enjoy the inhalation of her delicious smoke/vapor. Maybe this is not my personal favourite "Sweet Seeds effect", but I like it and it's perfect to have a Snow Fruit jar, to use in certain and determined situations.

picture.php

<Snow Fruit> ...:::|:::... Sweet Seeds
|17/20|

:peppermintstick:

picture.php

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' '
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow'' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow'' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'Snow Fruit Micro Grow' ' ' ' ' ' ' '
picture.php

.:|Final Conclusions|:.

Hi again my friends! :tiphat:

There's not much more to say but I'll leave you with the final conclusions...

In my opinion it was a perfect grow and I managed to get what I first expected when I had this idea. I was a bit afraid of mold issues but I ended up with no problems at all. If I repeat this kind of grow one day I think I'll change very few things. Maybe I'll do it with 150wHPS instead of the 70wHPS I used this time and maybe I'll also do some kind of windows in the pot (between the soil surface and the net) so I can work better. That would make it easier to remove the lower leafs that rot while it would also facilitate irrigation and bring more air into the lower part of the plant.

I got some good 34 grams out of this beautiful Snow Fruit. For the space I used it was really very good ;) 30cm x 30xm corresponds to an area of 0,09m2: less than 9% of a square meter.

One or two of this little boxes can be enough for someone who consumes few cannabis, like a couple of joints in the weekends. There's almost no need to have a space, the box fits anywhere, even inside a wardrobe behind the clothes. But a good extraction is very important, so that we can use HPS and heat doesn't accumulate in the small space available. It is also important to choose a good plant for SCROG but not a Sativa dominant strain, obviously, or else the plant will stretch too much and the space available in the box doesn't allow for that. This Snow Fruit, 90% Indica, addapted really very well to the system. And I had no previous experience with the SCROG method, this was my first time, but of course having some experience as a grower and knowing the cannabis plant is very important to make good decisions regarding how to do things and in which phases of the grow should they be done.

picture.php

Keep it sweet my friends! And keep passing by because I'll do another grow test very soon ;)

Sweet smokes! :peppermintstick:

|tommy_g|

Flatline

im growing this right now as a matter of fact but am haveing issues plant is day 48 of veg groth and tiny i mean tiny yes i had nute issues in the 1st month getting my new set up goin but plants are seriously no bigger than 10inchs tall yes i topped both of them and have 4 colas now but im worried i was going to go into flowing next month not sure if i should tho now

Flatline

also on an unrelated note it is imposible to send u a pm at the moment... im living in uruguay and im thinking of doing an outdoor grow on about 1acre (URUGUAY IS 100% legal/possesion/sale) since summer is coming up next month is the start of spring basicly any strain advice on that note im gonna keep growing indoor for personaltho thinkin the jack 47 formy next indoor.. n my set up is soil :( under 2 500w multiband led lights

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Flatline!

Best way to giving you some advice and share opinions is if you start a thread and share more info about the grow parameters and, if possible, some pics. If the forum permissions for new users allow you to do so, then please do it and there we will share advice and information.

Kind regards,

tommy

brolex

Hi Tommy,

I'm after maximum yields with minimum plant count to make RSO, and my research so far leads me to believe that the Snow Fruit is the best candidate for the job.

I do have a few questions, though:
  1. Is it possible to scrog a single plant in a 3'x3' area?
  2. How much does Snow Fruit stretch during flowering?
  3. Is Snow Fruit resistant to pest and mold?
  4. Is snow Fruit resistant to heat and humidity?
  5. Is Snow Fruit a heavy feeder?
  6. In general, is this an easy strain to grow?

Thanks, champ.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi guys!

Thanks for the visit and kind words :tiphat:

brolex:

1 - Of course it is possible, I've seen a lot of people doing it before.

2 - It doesn't stretch much, that's why I chose this strain for a 1'x1' area. If I want to SCROG a plant in a bigger area maybe I would have chosen a different strain. Probably Cream 47, Sweet Cheese or Jack 47 as they stretch more and have nice branches for SCROG grows.

3 - Yes it is.

4 - From my experience, yes. In this grow the plant was very close to the 150wHPS bulb and the results were good. Also, there was always a lot of humidity in the soil after everytime I watered the plant and she made it with no major problems.

5 - I'd call Snow Fruit a "medium" feeder.

6 - Yes, it's very easy to grow.

Hope this helps. Sweet smokes!! :biggrin:

tommy

B

bigganjabud

Well, maybe because you are a grower of big plants, not tiny bushes that only produce 30 or 40gr, hehehehe :D

Thanks for the visit. Big hug and sweet smokes!

tommy

Far too kind and lol that parcel arrives yesterday

THANKYOU TEAM SWEET

Latest posts

Latest posts