What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sweet Afgani Delicious .:|:. Strain Report

ellinho

I got 2 plants from sweets seeds going right now. it was a give-away on the cultiva in vienna. the plants look alot like SAD. you wouldnt happen to know which strains you gave away on the cultiva?

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi mates!

Thanks for the visit, pics and comments :thank you:

ellinho: what's up buddy!? Nice to have you around... :tiphat:

The seeds given out by Sweet Seeds as freebies when you order seeds from the Sweet Seeds online shop or in cannabic fairs are from a mix that they have. Seeds are selected by hand and separated in 3 kinds of seeds: the biggest and better looking ones, that are to be packed and sold; the ones with problems that have to be rejected and will never get to the clients; and the seeds that are good, expected to germinate but that for a matter of size or colour are not appealing (good looking) enough to be packed and sold.

So, this seeds, are mixed and then packed in the "Muestra Gratuita" packages, like the one you have. That's a perfect Sweet Seeds original seed, that may be small but after germinated the genetics are exactly the same has her sisters (the other seeds from the same mother plant). And as germination rate is the same, very high, you know you have the same product as if it was bought. Really, they're perfect, the only reason Sweet Seeds does not pack them and sell them is because a client could get disappointed if he bought small seeds, so it's a good thing that the seedbank decides not to sell these seeds and it's also a good thing that instead of throwing them away they pack them and offer them as freebies.

That being said I have no idea which strain you got, but it could be Sweet Afgani Delicious. If you know the strain and it seems to you that it is SAD then it probably is. Or else it could also be Mohan Ram, because Mohan Ram is SAD x White Widow.

Thanks again for the visit, keep passing by, sweet smokes!

tommy

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Hi Tommy, could you answer my visitor message, when you can ? I would appreciate some info about Mohan Ram Auto too, I can't decide what to choose, lol... Peace, HJ.

Last edited:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi mate!!

How are you? :tiphat:

Let me also quote your visitor message then ;)

Hi Tommy, it's me again. Could you please give some info about the Gree Poison Auto ? I just saw this strain on a website and I wanted to know if it's a good yielding strain like Big Devil #2 and maybe how's the high. Peace, HJ.

For what you say I presume that you already have experience with Big Devil #2.

So, Green Poison Auto is our elite clone of Green Poison crossed with Big Devil #2. About production is very similar, it produces has much as a Big Devil #2. The Green Poison side brings a somewhat sweet and fruity aroma, very strong and with hints of skunk. Green Poison is the strain from which I had more and better feedback from growers in forums in the last year.

We have subforums in 8 important forums from different countries (like Argentina, Spain, England, Russia, Czech Republic and more..) and I can tell you that from the feedback I'm getting lately I will probably advice Green Poison to everyone who asks me for an advice and who cares less about knowing the parental lineage. I have people that are runing this strain for more than 5 grow ops in a row, all very happy with production, aroma and potency. The strain really produces lots of resin.

Green Poison Auto is a 3rd generation autoflowering strain and it is already very similar to its non auto version. It was released only in las January (2012) and so feedback in the forums is not much at all. However, we are runing a contest in a spanish forum (with more than 10.000 euros in prizes) and some contestants are growing Green Poison Auto and confirming that the plants are very similar to their non-auto version.

I have some very good articles explaining all about this variety and how it was developed, from the breeders point of view, but unfortunatelly I only have them in the spanish idiom. In case you understand spanish, let me know and I'll share a link with you.

About Mohan Ram Auto, it was also released only in last January, it has not called has much attention to clients as the Green Poison Auto did, but I know that Mohan Ram Auto is also a very good work from the Sweet Seeds breeders. After all, the Black Domina '98 elite clone used in Sweet Afgani Delicious S1 is the same used in the Mohan Ram Auto and this is a key elite clone for Sweet Seeds seedbank. It was with this selected clone that they started to get well famed in Spain, so Sweet Afgani Delicious is really a must for every grower who wants to try a good indica from Afghanistan. Well, this thread where we are talking right now is about Sweet Afgani Delicious and you can see people happy with it.

So, that being said, and as I also know the strain of White Widow Auto that Sweet Seeds used in this cross is another great jewel from the seedbank, Mohan Ram Auto is for sure another great 3rd Generation Auto from Sweet Seeds.

The Mohan Ram (non-auto) is one of my 3 favourites from the catalog. I really love the intense smell, strong indica high a resin production. It is not as productive as Green Poison but for the strong indica lovers I think it can compensate. Very rock hard flowers, really compact and fully of resin. A great bag appeal, if you know what I mean.

If you're thinking about doing, lets say, 9 plants, I would advice 6 Green Poison Auto and 3 Mohan Ram Auto, because in terms of plant structure and growth timing they are very similar and can be grow together, perfectly.

Hope this helps my friend. When I speak about strains I have personally already grown I can clarify things much better. But I'm honest to you and haven't yet had the chance to grow this 2 strains, so I can only speak basing my arguments on their non-auto versions (which I know pretty well), on feedback from growers in the forums and on the experience I have with the elite clones that intervene in the cross.

See you around buddy, sweet smokes! :peppermintstick:

NOTE: only now that I'm reviewing my post I realized I've been vaporizing a bag of Green Poison in the meanwhile, hehehe, it's a very pleasant high, for my taste ;)

tommy

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
I haven't grown Big Devil #2 but I asked some growers and had some very good input regarding yield, taste and high. In fact I haven't grown anything yet, I'm preparing for my first grow this year, thats why I'm asking so many questions, lol. And as a beginner I'll just try one seed from different strains and see what I like best and stick to them. So I'll choose Afghan Kush, S.A.D and Green Poison Auto, wish me luck. Sorry I messed up this thread but I had to thank you for your detailed answer. Peace, HJ.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thank you my friend, you're always welcome ;)

If you're thinking about making some pics of your first experience and if you want, of course, don't forget to post some here in the Sweet Seeds subforum. You can open a thread if you want. Or else just post some comments after you harvest them and smoke them :)

See you around, kind regards,

tommy

ellinho

Hi mates!

Thanks for the visit, pics and comments

ellinho: what's up buddy!? Nice to have you around...

The seeds given out by Sweet Seeds as freebies when you order seeds from the Sweet Seeds online shop or in cannabic fairs are from a mix that they have. Seeds are selected by hand and separated in 3 kinds of seeds: the biggest and better looking ones, that are to be packed and sold; the ones with problems that have to be rejected and will never get to the clients; and the seeds that are good, expected to germinate but that for a matter of size or colour are not appealing (good looking) enough to be packed and sold.

So, this seeds, are mixed and then packed in the "Muestra Gratuita" packages, like the one you have. That's a perfect Sweet Seeds original seed, that may be small but after germinated the genetics are exactly the same has her sisters (the other seeds from the same mother plant). And as germination rate is the same, very high, you know you have the same product as if it was bought. Really, they're perfect, the only reason Sweet Seeds does not pack them and sell them is because a client could get disappointed if he bought small seeds, so it's a good thing that the seedbank decides not to sell these seeds and it's also a good thing that instead of throwing them away they pack them and offer them as freebies.

That being said I have no idea which strain you got, but it could be Sweet Afgani Delicious. If you know the strain and it seems to you that it is SAD then it probably is. Or else it could also be Mohan Ram, because Mohan Ram is SAD x White Widow.

Thanks again for the visit, keep passing by, sweet smokes!

tommy

wow thanks for that little insight in your business. pretty good system you worked out there.
appreciate it that you took the time to give that lot of info to the community and me! THX

so would you mind if iÄD show you some pics and you could take a guess what it is? the girls at the expo were saying there are giving away SAD and BJ auto....

i really wanna know because i would most def buy a pack of these if not more!

looks alot like SAD to me. btw im very impressed. had these going on the sidelines ... still pretty awesome buds.
they also smell mostly sweetish. the second plant a little weeker than the first plant but nevertheless really similar.

1 (more indica, "easy to get" pheno?)

2 (more sativa)

cheers,
ell

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi again ellinho!

You're welcome my friend :peppermintstick:

I'm not 100% sure but, lets say, I'm like 90% sure that it is a Sweet Afgani. Both of them. SAD is the Sweet Seeds strain that I know better and so I think I'm not wrong. If they told you it can also be Black Jack, then there goes the other 10% of chances, because Black Jack is Black Domina '98 (the same clone used in SAD s1) crossed with Jack Herer and there is a pheno that reminds a bit of Sweet Afgani Delicious. But I would bet that you have 2 Sweet Afgani Delicious.

Sweet and pungent, isn´t it? Hehehe... or like the aroma of some cough syrops :)

If I could smell it I could be 100% sure...

Keep passing by, sweet smokes!

tommy

R

ricardopunxs

i have been growing green poison,sad indoor and i liked very much in resin producion and yield and they are very similiar to each other...psicodelicia in outddor is the one best sativas i smoke and grow and finish very quicke !

obione

mr.Ricardo may i ask U what is your latitude(im at 43 north), because i was looking for Psicodelicia for my Outdoor project too. But TommyG said once Moham ram is Sweet seeds fastest non auto strain, and so a choose it, but its not late for some outdoor Psico too...Early to mid Octomber is my harvest goal
Good luck with all U do, and stay safe...

EXODUS_01

breeder
Veteran
Sweet Afgani Delicious S1 - 50 days on flowering
picture.php

:)

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Zdravím EXODUS!

Nice one! Thanks for the pic, I hope you enjoy the plant ;)

Sweet smokes!

tommy

Lucky 7

My little SAD Auto is really looking quite fine now; she has approximately 2 weeks to go. It looks to be a very good yielder for an auto, I'd guesstimate 2 ozs. if anyone is interested in autos..... right along the lines of the Iranian Auto I had last season.

Pics as soon as she fill completely in.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Hi, i've grown a S.A.D in my last cycle, i have to say that it is very far from any Black Domina i've alreaydy grown. She looks to be a sativa hybrid to me and not an almost pure indica. I don't know if the seeds have been mixed up before packaging or if there is no BD in the S.A.D but it's a big desapoitment to me. I know Black Domina since 1995, i've grown her a few times and i don't fiind anything of her in the S.A.D, the girl i've got from sweet seeds is looking like a 50/50 indi/sat and she stinks very seriously, strong and not pleasant smell.
I'll try to up load pics but i have no digital camera.
I'm not sure what to do with the two seeds i still have of this srtain.

S

scai

Hi, i've grown a S.A.D in my last cycle, i have to say that it is very far from any Black Domina i've alreaydy grown. She looks to be a sativa hybrid to me and not an almost pure indica. I don't know if the seeds have been mixed up before packaging or if there is no BD in the S.A.D but it's a big desapoitment to me. I know Black Domina since 1995, i've grown her a few times and i don't fiind anything of her in the S.A.D, the girl i've got from sweet seeds is looking like a 50/50 indi/sat and she stinks very seriously, strong and not pleasant smell.
I'll try to up load pics but i have no digital camera.
I'm not sure what to do with the two seeds i still have of this srtain.

Haha, then I'm not crazy after all. :tiphat:
I popped three beans.Two VERY squat and broad leafed,smell very familiar, Black Domina.
One is like sativa, tall, scrambling all over the place.

I did some topping to this sativa one and I think it wasn't such a good idea, it sent it to all over the place...growing more sideways...

Smell is more green, than it's sisters. Is this now that 10% that is not indica ;) ?
It's very interesting and getting one really out of hand of very stable stock of fems is worth inspection.

I will take some cuttings just in case if she proves to be something special.

I you want, I can take some pictures.

This is by no means any breeders fault.It is the mother ganja that gives you always a surprise when you get something that is normally recessive to pop up in somewhere...
This is excatly what makes growing soooooooo interesting