What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wild Rose ® | Cream Caramel ® | S.A.D. ® ★ Test Grow ★

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
...and it continues

Red trychomes, scissor hash and a very nice production. I love the Wild Rose :smoke:

Keep it high! :smokeit:

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
.:|Growing Sweet Seeds|:.
.:|Harvesting Sweet Afgani Delicious 2|:.

Hi friends!

Today it's the second Sweet Afgani that goes down. Maybe the less productive plant from among the 9, but the buds are really hard and solid. She has plenty of red head trychomes... hope you enjoy the pics :)

Keep it high!

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
.:|Harvesting Cream Caramel 2|:.

Hi mates!

So, today it was the big day for the second Cream Caramel. I'm very happy, it was very productive with some heavy buds, really very compact. Don't forget that in the end I will post the exact number of grams that I got out of each plant, as soon as they are properly dried.

Some pics...

To be continued...

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Hi Tommy, great work on all the strains.Awesome wild roses they look great lined up.
them red head trychs look fabulous,the red hash must be fire wow!!! i want to smoke your buds!!! wish mine look that tasty lol.
i've recived my pack of sad1,im still waiting for the bay to send the greenpoison...remain in harmony..azad

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi azad! Thanks!

I'm also very happy with them, it was a very nice harvest ;)

Keep passing by, sweet smokes! :tiphat:

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
.:|Harvesting Wild Rose 1|:.

Hi again azad and friends!

As I promised, here you have the pictures of the harvest of another Wild Rose. Hope you don't get bored with so many posts about plants being harvested :skin_up:
Anyway there are only 3 plants left, so be cool and enjoy it, because after the harvest of the plants I have a few special surprises to post :)

Keep it high!

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
.:|Harvesting Sweet Afgani Delicious 3|:.

Hey guys, what's up? Now it's the third Sweet Afgani to go. Lets have a look at some pics ;)

And now I only have two plants remaining, one Wild Rose and one Cream Caramel. It's amazing how with only two plants I still have the Homebox looking half full :D

Next will be a Cream Caramel. Stay tuned :smokeit:

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
.:|Harvesting Cream Caramel 3|:.

Hi again! Now it's the Cream Caramel 3, one of the most beautiful plants of this grow diary, the same that appeared with our dear friend Bob ;) Hopy you enjoy it!

A bloody head...

Just one Wild Rose left, keep it high!

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
.:|Harvesting Wild Rose 3|:.

Yooo! How are you? Thanks for your visit and your words ;)

So, lets finish this, today I'll leave you with some pictures of the harvest of the last plant. I guess this is not going to be the last update to this grow diary since I still have a few things to talk about and some other stuff to show, so I'll see you soon around here, I hope...

Well, here are the pics of this wonderful Wild Rose (Rosetta Stone x The Hog)

All the 9 plants are now down... but the thread is far from being over :) See you soon and keep it high!

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
.:|Drying the Sweet Buds|:.

Hi friends! :wave:

Today I leave you with a couple of pics of the buds drying and also a couple of pics of the first Sweet Afgani harvested, already dried. The glass jars are being prepared.

In my opinion, the ideal humidity for drying the flowers is of 70%-90% in the first 4 days and of 55%-65% since the 5th day of drying till the day I put them in the jars to cure. I always try to have the flowers with something like 5%-15% of humidity in the day they are put in the jars, so that the cure can be effective. When the thinner branches break when we bend them and the thicker branches don't break yet but we can hear a soft "clack!", it's the right day to put the flowers in the jars.

After that, we have to open the jars once a day, for some 5 to 30 minutes, depending on the weather conditions of each day in terms of humidity. With high humidity it is better to open the jars for only 5 minutes and in other less humid day we open it for 30 minutes. When I'm worried about getting mould (it did not happen this time), I simply don't open the jars in rainy days or I just open them for a few seconds for the condensation acumulated to get off the jar.

This days I would like to have more humidity, but the weather is a bit dry. I had to use 2 containers and a watering can, all full with water, putting them bellow the place where the buds are drying. It is not a complete solution for the "problem" but the humidity got a bit higher, from 51% to 58%, which is a nice help.

I prefer when the weed takes about 15 days to dry, or a minimum of 12 days. The first plants harvested in this grow will be ready to go to the jars at 11-13 days. Well, it is acceptable...

Some pics of a SAD bud dried :)

I'll be back soon with some surprises, keep it sweet!

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
.:|Sweet Harvest Report|:.

Hi mates! Thanks for your visit! ;)

So, today I'm bringing you a report with the 9 pics of the 9 plants right after being harvest.

.:|The 3 Cream Caramels|:.

.:|The 3 Sweet Afganis|:.

.:|The 3 Wild Roses|:.

It was a nice harvest, for an area of only 0,36m²...

Soon I'll be back with more, keep it high! :wave:

|tommy_g|

G

guest101

It sure seems a nice harvest, not only in quantity.
Great looking rippened buds! Great way to start the year! :D
Good vibes!!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
...and it continues...

Hope you enjoyed it and sorry for doing it "no comments" style ;)

Keep it high, sweet smokes! :smoke:

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
It sure seems a nice harvest, not only in quantity.
Great looking rippened buds! Great way to start the year! :D
Good vibes!!

Hey mate! Nice to read you ;)

Yes, it was a very nice harvest. This thread is not over yet, but when it gets to an end I hope you still visit me here... I'll be doing the autoflowering diary and a mini scrog, both at the same time.

Keep it sweet, big hug! :wave:

|tommy_g|

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
.:|Sweet Afgani Delicious Cannabic Olive Oil|:.

Hi friends! :kitty:

Today I'm bringing you an article about cannabic olive oil for culinary preparation purposes, very good for the medicinal users but equally pleasant to all other users. It is very easy to prepare and we only need 2 ingredients: cannabis flowers and extra virgin olive oil (better if the oil comes from a biological agriculture). For each liter of oil I recommend 5 grams of dried buds. I'm using a small bottle of 0.25 liter (1/4 of a liter), so the ideal quantity of bud is only 1.25gr. Well, I'm using a small bud of about 1 to 1.5 grams.

Inside a hermetically sealed container, preferably made of glass (it can be the original bottle where the oil already is), we insert the flowers and leave it enfleuraging for about 6 weeks. Enfleurage is a process that allows us to have flavors and active principles dissolved into a fat liquid (olive oil in this case), by leaving it immersed into the liquid at room temperature. In other words we only need to leave the herbs inside the bottle of oil for about 6 weeks, in the dark.

During those 6 weeks the majority of the THC and other cannabinoids, which are soluble in this kind of oils, are released from the herbs (specially from the trychomes) and stay in the oil. The olive oil is very good as an emulsifier. After the 6 weeks we can filter the oil so that the flowers are separated from the oil. Then we leave the bottle of cannabic oil another 2 weeks in complete darkness. And then yes, it is ready to be used. It is good in toasts, sauces, salads or in any other culinary preparation that has olive oil as a possible ingredient. For the impatient it is even possible to drink a spoon or to dip a piece of bread in the oil.

It is not convenient to use this oil to fry food because the temperature goes too high and a big THC degradation takes place. If we want to use a bit of this oil in a meal it is better to put the oil after the food is already cooked. I personally enjoy to drop a bit of oil in pizzas or in lamb chops, but it also goes fine with grilled cod fish, for example.

When a good weed is used and the process is well done, the oil will feature the aroma of the herb used and that aroma will remain in the mouth after consuming the oil, but without superimposing itself to the aroma of the oil, of course. With the Sweet Afgani Delicious it gets a very special aroma. The effect is therapeutic and suitable for the ones that use cannabis with the goal of easing physical pain.

Enjoy the olive cannabic oil! :elf:

1 liter = 1.76 pint
0.25 liter = 0.44 pint

5 grams = 0.2 pound (approx.)
1 gram = 0.04 poun (approx.)

Keep it high!

|tommy_g|