What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

.:|Black Jack and Sweet Afgani Delicious|:. .:|Mini-Grow by tommy|:.

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi!

I'm back now with another micro grow...

Homebox XS > 60cm x 60cm x 120cm > 0,36m2

As I only had 120cm I couldn't let them grow much, so I had to top them several times and then train them, as you can see in this next picture.

I've used 17 litre pots. 4 plants > 3 Sweet Afgani Delicious and 1 BlackJack, both strains from Sweet Seeds seedbank.

RVK100L1

Soil: Plagron Allmix
Fertilizers and additives: Plagron AlgaBloom, liquid guano and Canna BioBoost.

They were harvested at day 70 into 12\12.

I got a total of 150gr dryed and manicured product, which represents 0,6gr per watt (150:250).

150gr in an area of 0,36m2 means that I would get around 450gr in a sqware meter.

My veggies got some fungi:

Hope you enjoy it...

-p_

J

JackKerouac

Wow, you really packed it in under your grrow space. As an XS grower, I really appreciate that.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi!

JackKerouac - thanks. I got 150gr with an HPS250w. It was good but I can do much better in the winter because it is a very hot summer here in Portugal, with temps between 35 and 40º in the streets and between 28 and 33º inside my growbox (celsius degrees). My next flowering period will be in October and November (harvesting in the beginning of December) and I'm going to try a HPS400w in this same Homebox XS.

igrowwitmatches - I use a RVK 100L1 extractor, which is the less potent RVK. I have no intraction and only use a sunon fan that blows air directly into the lamp. I've used this same extraction system with my Homebox L 650wHPS. Maybe you can see my extractor in a picture of this thread: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=118400

They dried in 12 days and are now curing for 5 days. Maybe tomorrow I'll smoke the first... :joint:

-p_

They look great mate. Lots of training and topping going on. Little bushes.

150g is a decent pull for the space you have there man.

D

Deaner

Amazing man.. I have an XS sitting around waiting to be used. My current living arrangement prevents me from growing. This is certainly inspiring!

How long did you veg those?

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi guys!

Thanks, I really appreciate your words.

BesideHimself and ScrubNinja - Yes, they were all "topped", in a way that they got at least 8 tops each, forming a beautiful sea of green (SOG). 150gr in 0,36m2 is very good but I think that I can do better because in the winter I guess I can use a 400wHPS. I can also fill the pots till the top, which I haven't made this time, they are only around 2\3 ou 3\4 full.

Deaner - They were all clones. After rooting I've vegged them for 15 day under the 250wHPS and then changed to 12\12. They've been in 12\12 since 15th of May till 25th of July, 70 days. So... you have the XS and you are not making use of it? The secret to make goo use of the space is using pots as big as they can fit there. I've used four 17 litre pots, but could have used nine 7 litre pots. And of course you gotta have experience in topping and training, because just using clones and\or "small" strains may not be enough. Thay can never grow higher than 60cm (2 feet). If you want to see some more pictures of my grow I leave you a link to another forum (but as I suppose you can not read portuguese you won't get menay info from there so you're free to post your questions here). Here is the link: http://www.cannabiscafe.net/foros/showthread.php?p=1780410#post1780410

Good smokes!

-p_

D

Deaner

Thanks for the input Psychotropic!

So you think I should veg for that short of time? I actually have a Homebox XS and a Homebox S that I want to use in a perpetual grow. I plan is to veg/mother in the XS and flower in the S. I have one 250 HPS and one 400 HPS. A S&P S&P TD Inline Fan with 5 inches round duct - 197/149 cfm (high/low). This is meant for the S, and I have a 120 MM computer fan for the XS (and 250 watter). Is this the most efficient way of doing it? Any input would be appreciated.

Those buds are so delicious looking! ...love to see some dried & manicured shots.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi again friends!

toastyspade420 > yes, twice or more. When they are vegging I top every top that seems to be growing more than the other tops. The final result should be a maximum number of tops all with the same size.

Deaner > I said I vegged them for 15 days under the 250wHPS. It doesn't mean they weren't vegged under a fluor before. After I get my clones rooted they usually spend some weeks under a weak 18w fluor. They don't grow much but they gain maturity and the main stem gets larger. When they get into the final big pots and under the 250wHPS, they grow very fast in 18/6 so 15 days is more than enough because you can't forget that in the first weeks into flowering they grow like mushrooms. You'll do it in a different manner because you have to Homeboxes, one to Veg and one to Flower :) ...so you have conditions to do much better than I did. About the fans, intraction and extraction I can't be of good help because I use different extractor and fan. I have a RVK100L1 for the Homebox XS, it is 100mm (10cm / 2 or 3 inches). So yes, I guess your extractor is suitable for the Homebox S but I'm not sure if your computer fan is enough for the Homebox XS. You'll have to try it yourself and see what the thermometer says.

About the dried and manicured shots... I can do it when I have time, but my photografic machine is not good enough to get decent photos of dried flowers.

Thanks again!

-t_

xlatit

Hey, you just inspired my new grows! I plan on getting a XS, then use it for the first crop as just a veg/flower room, then I can buy a bigger one next and use the tiny one for veg. It looks like a great find and extremely cost effective! Thinking of putting everything back into a closet and this just sealed the deal! I'm proud of this setup, you used money to make it happen but didn't waste a bunch.

Its called a camera too, not photographic machine. Your English is actually quite remarkable.

G

guest101

Nice grow mate!! Allways great to see bud everywere!! :D
Is that a mushroom? lol cool!
Keep it up!!! :abduct:

grasper

awesome job for the space.....:joint:
interested to see how the 400w will work in those dimensions.
(i'm in a GL60 now only using a few watts, but i do have an extra 430 watter
lying around unused....... :joint: :joint:)

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi!

_frankenstein_ yes, it is a mushroom, when I first saw it right beside the plant it was already that big. A surprise I definetly wasn't expecting :fsu:

:abduct:

Thanks grasper. I'm starting a new flowering right now but yet with de 250w. After that, I'll start with another round in mid December and that's when I plant to try the 400w in that space. I'll keep you informed ;)

-p_

Latest posts

Latest posts