What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what BANDS have you seen?

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Johnny Winter New England College, Henniker ,New Hampshire ... April 1980 ...This was a cool show

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Wie gehts hermanthegerman! Awesome ticket stub you saved! AcDc!!!! Rock on!
Star crash that's a lot of Greatful Dead concerts man! Heck yeah! My older sister was a deadhead. I like them...local radio in Boston hasn't played them in months. My favorite song is Touch of Grey.
Bud green you have a serious poster collection! Amazing how you managed to save them all these years! Was Appice from Cactus the guy from Cream with Clapton?
Rock on everybody! Hoping for some concerts this Summer. Lady Gaga was floating around...as was Def Leppard and Motley Crue.

Veggia farmer

I feel they should get a lot more recognition from the current generation considering all they’ve contributed to the culture of cannabis and cannabis growers

I listen to them just so you know! lol. Being one of the younger cannabis growers;)

I think I started listening to them after reading Tom Wolf`s Electrick Kool Aid Acid Test, and spending the time...

Thinking about, most I listen too was made before I was born.

Brother Nature

First concert was Joe Satriani in SF. First concert I smoked pot at was Bob Dylan in Red Bluff, California, he played in a cattle stockyard, was pretty cool. Thankfully venues are slowly opening back up here and my next concert will be Chelsea Wolfe and Emma Rundle, still a few months off though.

drosera420

Premium user
So many good times above. I'll add mine in but was a late starter. Folks wouldn't let me loose before college. I know, I know but hey when you're in the sticks walkin' won't get ya far.

Gun's n Roses, Janes addiction, soundgarden, heart, def leppard, faith no more (smoked a doob rolled in the canada leaf papers with these guys on the venue back stairs), motley crue, nazareth, metallica (pre sell out), america and chicago (on fourth of july in the chicago)

Ones I wish I had been to steely dan, iron maiden, rush, tool, AC/DC.

I was able to see the wall art in downtown Melbourne AC DC lane while there on business. Super cool it was.

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Brother Nature I come from a family of Dylan fans! Sounds like that concert was pretty cool. He does small venues now I think.
Drosera Motley Crue must have been good! Metallica too! Rock on! I saw Tool in 1998, they were pretty awesome. Really tight sounding and heavy.
Def Leppard and Motley Crue were supposed to tour together last year. Tickets were like $200 at Fenway Park though.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Holy crap - None of you guys saw Emerson Lake and Palmer?

Sailor Moses and me.

Great night for visual effects. Great show.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In no particular order: America, Three Dog Night, Doobie Brothers, Michael McDonald, Joe Bonamassa, James McMurtry, Flying Burrito Bros, Paul Revere and the Raiders, Firefall, Dave Loggins, Dr. John, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Arlo Guthrie, Michelle Shocked, Bo Diddly, B.B. King, Etta James, Bonnie Raitt, John Prine, Chicago, Dave Matthews Band, Goo Goo Dolls, EmmyLou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, Bruce Hornsby & the Range, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Mike and the Mechanics, Melissa Etheridge, CS& N, Neil Young, John Legend, Chick Corea, Pat Metheny, James Taylor, Santana, Los Lobos, Guess Who, Elton John, Pointer Sisters, Mary Wilson, Gloria Gaynor, Joshua Redman, Robbie Roberts, R. Carlos Nakai, John Scofield, Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham, Shawn Colvin, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Dianna Krall & Union Station, Elvis Costello, Lyle Lovett, Warren Zevon, Little Feat, Marshal Tucker, Charlie Daniels, ZZ Top, The Eagles, Glen Frye, Charlie Musslewhite, Ottmar Liebert, Dave Mason, Jars of Clay, Hootie and the Blowfish, Blues Traveler, George Winston, Shadowfax, Moody Blues, Foreigner, Journey, Tom Petty, Nevile Brothers, Sonya DaDa, Cowboy Junkies, Bob Dylan, Rick Braun, Norman Brown, Buckwheat Zydeco, Queen Ida, Miss Lavelle White, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Manheim Steam Roller, Trans-Syberian Orchestra, Jackson Browne, ELO, Traffic, Wynonna, Dolly Parton, Leo Kottke, Kings of Leon, Gypsy Kings, Lenny Kravitz...........and maybe a dozen others I cannot recall.

sdd420

Veteran
In no particular order: America, Three Dog Night, Doobie Brothers, Michael McDonald, Joe Bonamassa, James McMurtry, Flying Burrito Bros, Paul Revere and the Raiders, Firefall, Dave Loggins, Dr. John, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Arlo Guthrie, Michelle Shocked, Bo Diddly, B.B. King, Etta James, Bonnie Raitt, John Prine, Chicago, Dave Matthews Band, Goo Goo Dolls, EmmyLou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, Bruce Hornsby & the Range, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Mike and the Mechanics, Melissa Etheridge, CS& N, Neil Young, John Legend, Chick Corea, Pat Metheny, James Taylor, Santana, Los Lobos, Guess Who, Elton John, Pointer Sisters, Mary Wilson, Gloria Gaynor, Joshua Redman, Robbie Roberts, R. Carlos Nakai, John Scofield, Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham, Shawn Colvin, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Dianna Krall & Union Station, Elvis Costello, Lyle Lovett, Warren Zevon, Little Feat, Marshal Tucker, Charlie Daniels, ZZ Top, The Eagles, Glen Frye, Charlie Musslewhite, Ottmar Liebert, Dave Mason, Jars of Clay, Hootie and the Blowfish, Blues Traveler, George Winston, Shadowfax, Moody Blues, Foreigner, Journey, Tom Petty, Nevile Brothers, Sonya DaDa, Cowboy Junkies, Bob Dylan, Rick Braun, Norman Brown, Buckwheat Zydeco, Queen Ida, Miss Lavelle White, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Manheim Steam Roller, Trans-Syberian Orchestra, Jackson Browne, ELO, Traffic, Wynonna, Dolly Parton, Leo Kottke, Kings of Leon, Gypsy Kings, Lenny Kravitz...........and maybe a dozen others I cannot recall.

I’ll bet you saw Eddie Money too he opened for just about everybody

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the loudest concert I ever attended with the Allman Brothers Band at the Beacon theater in New York City in the early 90s the sound level was so extreme you could feel the waves like a wind emanating through your body...ouch

CaptainDankness

Ozzy Osbourne, Marilyn Manson, Mudvayne, Slipknot, Disturbed, Lincoln Park, Rob Zombie, Leonard Skynyrd, Doobie Brothers, Breaking Benjamin, Lamb Of God, Starset, Soil. A few more I can't think of the names, but concerts are the most depressing thing about Covid19 I'm going to the next concert that's not some bullshit country music I don't care if they only have 1 good song. Lol, might even drive down to the Carolina Rebellion if that happens this year.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Bud green you have a serious poster collection! Amazing how you managed to save them all these years! Was Appice from Cactus the guy from Cream with Clapton?

Doober, you are thinking of Ginger Baker, drummer for Cream.. One of the best drummers ever,,..and a band I loved, but never got to see..

Carmine Appice is best remembered by me as drummer for Vanilla Fudge, Cactus, and Beck, Bogert and Appice..(that's Jeff Beck, for you younger guys)
But he is an amazing drummer who has worked and recorded with everyone, including Rod Stewart and Ted Nugent ..

When my buddy and I met and toked with him and Bogert after a Cactus concert, we were just 17.
But Tim Bogert and Carmine Appice were only 24 or 25 at the time..

I was never really a poster collector, but I just happened to take 4 or 5 of them off the wall or telephone pole after a good show..
When I was young, I just had them thumb-tacked up on my walls..
The past 40 years or more, they've just been stored between 2 sheets of thin plywood, in the back of my closet.

One of the very first live concerts I attended was these guys...
Summer of 1969... I had to hitchhike to it because none of my friends wanted to go...
It was in the outdoor football stadium at Old Dominion College..It cost $3.50 to see this one..
Awesome!

Guess I ought to get this one framed too...
picture.php

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I think the loudest concert I ever attended with the Allman Brothers Band at the Beacon theater in New York City in the early 90s the sound level was so extreme you could feel the waves like a wind emanating through your body...ouch

When I saw the Dead at McNichols we had 8th row seats and when Mickey hit those big ass drums it knocked everybody near me back into their seats. It was awesome.

They played Baba o Riley that night also. Seeing Bobby come out saying "their all wasted" was a giant surprise and a treat. And Jerry broke a string and was clearly disgruntled.

Not the best dead show I've been too. But they only "grateful" dead show I seen and a unique one that is special to me.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I will try to think up what all shows I have seen. Will take some memory exercises if I am to get it right. Been to most post grateful dead projects several times. And a whole lot more.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I saw the Dead at McNichols we had 8th row seats and when Mickey hit those big ass drums it knocked everybody near me back into their seats. It was awesome.

They played Baba o Riley that night also. Seeing Bobby come out saying "their all wasted" was a giant surprise and a treat. And Jerry broke a string and was clearly disgruntled.

Not the best dead show I've been too. But they only "grateful" dead show I seen and a unique one that is special to me.

I will try to think up what all shows I have seen. Will take some memory exercises if I am to get it right. Been to most post grateful dead projects several times. And a whole lot more.
That’s the thing ...if memory serves me well I could probably fill up the page

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Another awesome poster Bud Green! Steppenwolf! Show was probably good.
Captain Darkness - Ozzy Osbourne! I saw him in 1998, great show.
Big taco farmer the Greatful Dead rock! Was listening to Touch of Grey and Casey Jones yesterday. Really miss it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
concerts are the most depressing thing about Covid19 I'm going to the next concert that's not some bullshit country music I don't care if they only have 1 good song Yes!! I really miss concert going, too! I miss local talent, bands playing within 500 mi. radius.

In the next category for CO-19 vaccine....it's another re-run, Ground Hog's day, movie in the thing called LIFE @ HOME.

Friends and family I miss, too, being able to gather around....having a libation, a 1-hitter before warm up band plays, or BBVQ. Hoping, like all of you, for concerts, gatherings, pre-COVID.

Really wish I could have seen Genisis, Eric Clapton, the Police. Early deafness from speakers, headphones, playing in band elementary, junior and high school- 2 years of college. Not to mention target practice with no ear protection. Those were the days............

Just glad I got to see an assortment of genres over the decades. Have a penchant for 12-string guitar, piano, and sax.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Eric_Clapton_-_Royal_Albert_Hall_-_Wednesday_24th_May_2017_EricClaptonRAH240517-30_(34987232355).jpg
    Eric_Clapton_-_Royal_Albert_Hall_-_Wednesday_24th_May_2017_EricClaptonRAH240517-30_(34987232355).jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 41

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am so sick of my own life at home movie I need a vacation we are at each other’s throat’s

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am so sick of my own life at home movie I need a vacation we are at each other’s throat’s

Yup, me, too! Who would have ever thought a pandemic would drastically alter our lives....yet, having lost nearly a dozen from COVID, thankful to be at each other's throat....another reason doors closed helps....sheesh.