What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what BANDS have you seen?

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We used to camp out in front of the old TickeTron outlets for days ... this is Grateful Dead 8/2/76 Colt Park , Hartford Connecticut I’m somewhere near the stack
picture.php

Last edited:

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Clapton, Rage Against The Machine, Sonic Youth, Pixies, Sugar (Bob Mould), Bob Dylan (3 times), My Bloody Valentine, John Spencer Blues Explosion, Loy Reed + John Cale, Laurie Anderson, The Jesus & Mary chain, Die Toten Hosen. Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Neil Young & Booker T & the MG´s, Leonard Cohen, The Cure, Elvis Costello, Rolling Stones, BB King, Kris Kristofferson, Gun Club, The Sweet, The Slade, Ten CC, Bo Diddley, Thurston Moore + many more.

Also lots of local and nordic bands.

Rock´n Roll can never die

P :smoker:

Last edited:

7thson

John Denver,Barry Manilow,George Straight,Dare Force,Might add more ,if I can remember them?

JD was on a revolving stage,this was in Mpls,Mn,sometime in the 70's.Very good show!

BM I couldn't believe how good this guy sounded,Phx,Az,90's.Very impressed.

My brothers had seen a lot of the very famous bands like,Jimmy H,Edger Winter and the list goes on.

None of them went to Woodstock for some reason or another?

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Paddi you've been to a lot of concerts too man! Eric Clapton heck yes! And Metallica! My stepmother from Buffallo went to Woodstock.
7thson John Denver is cool! Pretty far out!

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know that concert the Allman Brothers did in the village that you can listen to on youtube? I was outside with a friend of mine and we were tripping. That was a long time ago when bands were bands and acid was acid :)

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
70's
Grand Funk Railroad, Bob Seger , Heart, Nazareth, ZZ Top, Frank Zappa, JC Superstar, Gary Wright, Santana, Black Sabbath, Foreigner, Rick Derringer, Robin Trower, Ted Nugent,

80's
Frank Zappa, Alice Cooper, AC/DC, ELO, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Iggy Pop, J Geils Band, Jethro Tull, Talking Heads, Pixies, Frank Black, Stray Cats, Joe Jackson, The Cars, The Knack, Blondie, Gary Neuman, Romantics, The Pretenders,The Police, The B52's, Devo, Black Flag, Nig-Heist, TSOL, Circle Jerks, Fear, Gun Club, Flesheaters, The Cramps, The breeders, David Byrne, X, Angry Samoans, Bad Brains, 999, Necros, Meatmen, Negative Approach, Minor Threat, Government Issue, Misfits, Flipper, Big Boys, Dead Kennedys, Butthole Surfers, L Seven, Bauhaus, Killing Joke, UK Subs, Dream Syndicate, Rain Parade, Einstürzende Neubauten, The Exploited, The Dickies, Ministry, Anti-Nowhere League, Millions of Dead Cops, The Cure, Sun Ra, Elvis Costello, Gang of Four, The Stranglers, Cabaret Voltaire, The Modern Lovers, Pere Ubu, The Smiths, Squeeze, Violent Femmes...

Haven't seen much live since then, Steely Dan and Zappa tributes mostly.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Chunkypigs that's a lot of concerts man! Right on! Noticed The Police in there...I saw them too. How was The Cure? You're a Steely Dan fan? Me too...I like Aja. Picked it up from my dad....

Bmac1

Veteran
My first ever concert was in 94. It was The Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge tour. "Might never get the chance again" lol. They are still touring I think.

Been to many other shows such as Metallica, Tool, ACDC, RATM as far as big names. Lots of smaller venue punk shows, warped tour, festivals. I've seen Pennywise the most and they are my favorite band. Bad Religion, NoFX, Millencolin, Lagwagon, Face To Face.

I was at a/the show where Eminem was booed off stage. Might have been a warped tour actually.

Probably the most entertaining shows have consistently been GWAR. I've seen them 4 or 5 times now. They are an incredible band to see live.

Joe Bonomassa was a great show as well. Very talented musician.

My to do list with concerts is see Slipknot live and I want to check out a concert at the Gorge in Washington. Maybe eat a couple grams of shrooms and catch a Tool show.

indagroove

Veteran
I've likely worked more concerts than everyone in this thread has seen combined.

I'm over 5000 performances (concerts, theater, ballet, etc) worked at this point.

Biggest artist concert ever worked: Toss up between Madonna and Paul McCartney (who's bigger?).

Sailormoses

Mountain, Genesis, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Steppenwolf, Golden Earing, Blue Oyster Cult, Opeth, Dream Theater, Todd Rundgren, Leslie West and the Wild West Show, Yes, Jethro Tull, Frank Zappa, ZZ Top, Allman Brothers, Porcupine Tree, Bentmen, The Who, Peter Gabriel, Talking Heads, Willy Nelson, Mahogany Rush, Beck Bogart and Appice, Billy Cobham, Blackfield, Roxy Music, Cactus, Camel, Bowie, Mott the Hoople, Deep Purple, Richie Blackmores Rainbow, Eagles, Steely Dan, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Gov't Mule, The Tubes, Grand Funk Railroad, Joe Walsh, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Johnny Winter, Kansas, Metallica, Nashville Pussy, Nervous Eaters, Aerosmith, J Geils Band, Procol Harum, Robin Trower, Roy Buchanan, Sam Black Church, Santana, The Strawbs, Supertramp, Tony Levin, Traffic, and Probably dozens more that can't get thru the resinated brain cells for me to remember. Growing up in New England was just growing , smoking, and going to concerts

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Mountain, Genesis, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Steppenwolf, Golden Earing, Blue Oyster Cult, Opeth, Dream Theater, Todd Rundgren, Leslie West and the Wild West Show, Yes, Jethro Tull, Frank Zappa, ZZ Top, Allman Brothers, Porcupine Tree, Bentmen, The Who, Peter Gabriel, Talking Heads, Willy Nelson, Mahogany Rush, Beck Bogart and Appice, Billy Cobham, Blackfield, Roxy Music, Cactus, Camel, Bowie, Mott the Hoople, Deep Purple, Richie Blackmores Rainbow, Eagles, Steely Dan, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Gov't Mule, The Tubes, Grand Funk Railroad, Joe Walsh, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Johnny Winter, Kansas, Metallica, Nashville Pussy, Nervous Eaters, Aerosmith, J Geils Band, Procol Harum, Robin Trower, Roy Buchanan, Sam Black Church, Santana, The Strawbs, Supertramp, Tony Levin, Traffic, and Probably dozens more that can't get thru the resinated brain cells for me to remember. Growing up in New England was just growing , smoking, and going to concerts

Yeah Sailor, your musical tastes were similar to mine...I hitchhiked across Canada with a buddy in the summer of '71..
In old Quebec City we saw Cactus play in a tiny club...Place couldn't of held more than 450 people..(Look at the ticket price!)

After the concert we knocked on the door beside the little stage..Tim Bogert opened the door and I told him how great they sounded that night.
He invited us in and my buddy and I smoked a joint and drank beers with Bogert and Appice...We sat around swapping stories for about an hour..
Good times...
I've been meaning to frame this poster for almost 50 years.. Maybe I'll get motivated and do it..
(R.I.P. Tim)

picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
70's
Grand Funk Railroad, Bob Seger , Heart, Nazareth, ZZ Top, Frank Zappa, JC Superstar, Gary Wright, Santana, Black Sabbath, Foreigner, Rick Derringer, Robin Trower, Ted Nugent,

80's
Frank Zappa, Alice Cooper, AC/DC, ELO, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Iggy Pop, J Geils Band, Jethro Tull, Talking Heads, Pixies, Frank Black, Stray Cats, Joe Jackson, The Cars, The Knack, Blondie, Gary Neuman, Romantics, The Pretenders,The Police, The B52's, Devo, Black Flag, Nig-Heist, TSOL, Circle Jerks, Fear, Gun Club, Flesheaters, The Cramps, The breeders, David Byrne, X, Angry Samoans, Bad Brains, 999, Necros, Meatmen, Negative Approach, Minor Threat, Government Issue, Misfits, Flipper, Big Boys, Dead Kennedys, Butthole Surfers, L Seven, Bauhaus, Killing Joke, UK Subs, Dream Syndicate, Rain Parade, Einstürzende Neubauten, The Exploited, The Dickies, Ministry, Anti-Nowhere League, Millions of Dead Cops, The Cure, Sun Ra, Elvis Costello, Gang of Four, The Stranglers, Cabaret Voltaire, The Modern Lovers, Pere Ubu, The Smiths, Squeeze, Violent Femmes...

Haven't seen much live since then, Steely Dan and Zappa tributes mostly.
What’s amazing is that he remembers all of this:dance013:

KiefRichards

Stones two times in Helsinki Olympic-stadion! Cannet Heat was bad in Turku, small place and they boogie all time best. Metallica -93 Oulunkylä, Helsinki when hairs was long...:tiphat:

midwestkid

Veteran
I will just list my 2 favorite shows. Tom Petty at Sturgis '07? And John Prine in Phoenix a couple winters back.
I'm very happy that I got to witness both of those guys' magic.
I hope they are enjoying the other side.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grateful Dead Easily over 100 times... for better or worse , thru thick & thin ...
picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel they should get a lot more recognition from the current generation considering all they’ve contributed to the culture of cannabis and cannabis growers

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Countless concerts, lot of punk stuff, most I was drunk. Lot´s of storys, in lots of countrys. I stopped watching concerts, as it was forbidden to smoke tobacco there. I smoked weed on every concert until 2008.

picture.php

An AC-DC ticket for 37 Mark, around 20 Euro today.