What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legalization This Year

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Sens. Cory Booker (D-NJ), Ron Wyden (D-OR), and Chuck Schumer (D-NY) issued a joint statement Monday saying they would work together to advance comprehensive cannabis reform legislation in the current Congress.

It looks like legalization will happen this year. Legalization got shot down by the republican majority last time, but there's nothing in the way now. Those who were victims of the "war on drugs" will have their records expunged and there should be no reason that price of weed remains ridiculously high for an agricultural product.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/01/cannabis-reform-senators-say-they-will-push-pot-bill-in-2021.html

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I don't see it ever happening. I don't put much hope into legalization. Not setting myself up to be disappointed. I think it's going to just be a state-by-state thing. Might pass an amendment in house and Senate saying state's are responsible for their own marijuana policies and laws. Or something. I'm not a lawyer. Legalization/decriminalization would be nice.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
regulation is not legalization.
taxation is theft.
they are making a play for taxes on one of the biggest, fakest, manipulated markets...made laws insuring suppression of availability, likely driving demand and higher prices to bloat the taxable production.
you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.
besides playing on younger audiences' ignorance, those politicians protect their donors...ya'll know that BigPharma owns those tools, and will never let that happen.

ronbo51

Veteran
If it happens it will be the most fucked, convoluted, corrupted, unworkable, completely insane pile of steaming shit that has ever been produced and between the rules for growers and the government infrastructure that will require tens of thousands of new government hacks who will all have health care and all holidays off and sweet pensions after years of setup the whole system will be bankrupt before the first bud hits the glass to the point that everyone evrywhere will immediately be longing for the days before it was "legal"

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Local or underground production surviving would really depend on how cheep it gets. Chrystal ball tells me that big companies will have it grown some place cheep like Mexico. If it got as cheep as tobacco, few people would bother growing.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Local or underground production surviving would really depend on how cheep it gets. Chrystal ball tells me that big companies will have it grown some place cheep like Mexico. If it got as cheep as tobacco, few people would bother growing.

yeah, but I'll be one of those few because I know exactly what's in the weed I grow...

including the "buzz"..

PS.. I don't buy tomatoes from the store for the exact same reason....

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
yeah, but I'll be one of those few because I know exactly what's in the weed I grow...

including the "buzz"..

PS.. I don't buy tomatoes from the store for the exact same reason....

I'll keep growing too. There will be allot of parallels to prohibition ending.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... as long as they lay offa small-time home growers I'll be happy, and if not, I'll still keep on keeping on! :tiphat:

Amynamous

I’d be content if they de-scheduled and left it to individual states to dictate their own rules. Treat it like alcohol or tobacco.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I wrote the white house and asked them to do exactly that. Let the states compete for people, who are free to choose which state to live in. The traitors working the website probably binned my suggestion.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
regulation is not legalization.
taxation is theft.
they are making a play for taxes on one of the biggest, fakest, manipulated markets...made laws insuring suppression of availability, likely driving demand and higher prices to bloat the taxable production.
you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.
besides playing on younger audiences' ignorance, those politicians protect their donors...ya'll know that BigPharma owns those tools, and will never let that happen.

damn near everything legalized has regulations RE it. explain please, exactly why you think cannabis should not? even tomatoes you grow in your yard/garden, if you go to sell them at the farmers market, have regulations. just because you don't like rules is not going to get rid of them...:laughing: have you explained to anyone at the IRS that they are thieves, and you will not pay taxes? i call "BULLSHIT!":tiphat:

Cuddles

well at least there is `talk´about it being `maybe´ legalized in the US. so that´s cool right?
Over here they´re just like bollocks to it, we don´t care!
Don´t know how many people die of cancer every year but it may well be more than the number of people who have died from covid. But the government is totally trying to get this virus under control-and rightly so, of course.

But because cancer is not contagious, they´re like: We don´t give a sh`t.
typical p`oo´liticians who refuse to be educated on this subject

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I think it will happen. It was a campaign promise and the subject is active with top senators a week after inauguration even with a killer virus and an impeachment going on.

Cuddles

I think it will happen. It was a campaign promise and the subject is active with top senators a week after inauguration even with a killer virus and an impeachment going on.
wow, over here everybody was like: what the hell are this guys policies?

I guess news about real cannabis don´t make it to the news channels. If I had known about this I´d have really rooted for him.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
damn near everything legalized has regulations RE it. explain please, exactly why you think cannabis should not? even tomatoes you grow in your yard/garden, if you go to sell them at the farmers market, have regulations. just because you don't like rules is not going to get rid of them...:laughing: have you explained to anyone at the IRS that they are thieves, and you will not pay taxes? i call "BULLSHIT!":tiphat:
bugger the F off.
i don't owe you any explanation, ****!
i'm not selling anything, and were i to, i wouldn't be giving any tax to anyone. if i produce it, it is my intellectual property and no one else gets a share of what they didn't contribute to.

you call for bullshit, that's what you'll get.:moon:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
bugger the F off.
i don't owe you any explanation, ****!
i'm not selling anything, and were i to, i wouldn't be giving any tax to anyone. if i produce it, it is my intellectual property and no one else gets a share of what they didn't contribute to.

you call for bullshit, that's what you'll get.:moon:

that's what i got, i agree.:thank you: for honesty.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
GAI ‘Cannabis Cronyism’ Report: Top Democrats Financially Benefit from Ties to Marijuana Industry
GettyImages-491438900-640x480.jpg
5 Feb 2021

The Government Accountability Institute (GAI) published a “Cannabis Croynism” investigation on Friday detailing potential political corruption surrounding the $21 billion marijuana industry, including conflicts of interest involving former Rep. John Boehner (R-OH), Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), and Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY).
The GAI’s Eric Eggers joined Friday’s edition of SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Daily with host Alex Marlow to discuss the report’s findings.
“John Boehner stands to make $20 million dollars if marijuana … becomes legalized nationally,” Egger said. “He’s gonna a long-time associate and employed with the cannabis industry. That’s a big time 180, philosophically, from where he’s been.”
The New York Times reported on Boehner’s commodification of his political pedigree within the marijuana industry in 2019:
Mr. Boehner’s pro-weed epiphany coincides with the prospect of a payday as high as $20 million from the industry he once so vigorously opposed. He sits on the board of Acreage Holdings, a marijuana investment firm whose sale to a cannabis industry giant hinges on Mr. Boehner’s ability to persuade Congress and the federal government to legalize, or at least legitimize, marijuana.
Boehner joined the board of Acreage Holdings in 2018, a firm that invests in marijuana cultivation, processing, and sales.
LISTEN:
Eggers remarked, “New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, in 2017, was very much against marijuana being legalized. He called it a ‘gateway’ drug. By 2019, [he was] singing a very different tune, and you look into it, he hired as his campaign staff a number of marijuana lobbyists. He received — between campaign donations and lobbying efforts — over a million dollars … from the marijuana industry, and now, by 2019, [there is] no bigger fan of cannabis legalization than Andrew Cuomo.”
On January 6, Cuomo announced a proposal to legalize and regulate cannabis in the Empire State.
Eggers noted, “Nancy Pelosi’s son is working in the [cannabis] industry.”
The GAI reported:
Paul Pelosi Jr., the son of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, was named Chairman of the Board of Directors of Freedom Leaf, Inc., a consulting firm advising the budding marijuana industry. The following year, the company entered the CBD distribution business, while Pelosi purchased more than $100,000 in company stock.
The marijuana industry is a potential avenue for foreign procurement of political influence, warned Eggers. “The FBI is [investigating] the way that marijuana has been used as a conduit or funnel for foreign money — potentially Russian money — to make its way into the hands and the pockets and the campaigns of American politicians,” he said.
Eggers considered a possible relationship between the cannabis industry’s lobbying and governmental ties with marijuana sales being deemed an “essential” service in varying states and localities during ostensibly public-health-related lockdown decrees.
“When the pandemic happened in March, my kids couldn’t go to school anymore and my church was closed down,” Eggers stated. “Marijuana dispensaries remained open. In 30 different states where they issued stay-at home-orders of some form or fashion, marijuana dispensaries were allowed to stay open.”
Eggers remarked, “I make no judgments about how anyone chooses to medicate themselves and get through this current era of a global pandemic and all the different challenges it poses. … Whatever the rationale has been [for designating marijuana dispensaries as ‘essential], it’s certainly worth including the data point of how much money is on the line [and] how much money is being spent.”
“Where I live [in Tallahassee, Florida], cannabis dispensaries are more prevalent than Walgreens,” Eggers shared. “How did that happen? Why did we get to this [point] where it’s so ubiquitous in the streets, and why were they allowed to remain open when virtually every other aspect of American life was closing up during the pandemic? I think this report can answer some of those questions.”
A Politico report published January 31 relayed expectations within the marijuana industry of broad national legalization given Democrat control of Congress and the White House.
Eggers described a mutually beneficial financial tied between the marijuana industry and Democrat politicians.
“It’s not just that Democrats are good for the marijuana industry,” Eggers said. “The marijuana industry has been really good for the Democrats we have top Democratic officials in a number of states — including New York, Illinois, and Florida — that have benefited either through friends or family financially … from financial ties to the marijuana industry. It’s an extensive network.”

https://www.breitbart.com/radio/202...ally-benefit-from-ties-to-marijuana-industry/

Peter Schweizer: Politicians Use Marijuana Legalization to Get Rich

imgonline-com-ua-FrameBlurred-mNlyqWpMzO-640x480.png

National legalization of marijuana possession, production, and sale will provide politicians with another means of enrichment through corruption, warned Peter Schweizer on Friday, author of Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America’s Progressive Elite and president of the Government Accountability Institute (GAI).
Schweizer and GAI colleague Eric Eggers spoke with Sean Hannity on the latter’s eponymous radio show to discuss the GAI’s newest report, “Cannabis Cronyism.”
Schweizer explained how state-level politicians and government officials in states with legalized cannabis use the regulatory apparatus — including the selling of cannabis licensing — to essentially extort companies seeking legal permission to enter the marijuana industry.
Schweizer remarked:
What’s happening in this these states [where marijuana is] being legalized [is that] the politicians — meaning, most times, the governors, sometimes other state cabinet officials — get to pick and choose who is the one that’s going to get the gold mine [and] that’s going to get a limited license in a controlled market and is going to be able to actually sell marijuana legally, and guess what?
By virtue the fact that they get to pick who gets the licenses, it’s not just the state governments who are going to make money, it’s actually the politicians themselves.

The people who are making the money are the politicians, the politicians’ family members, [and] lobbyists connected to the politicians. They’re all getting rich through this legalized scheme.
It’s not really about personal freedom. It’s not about medical marijuana. It’s about politicians finding yet another pocket in which they can enrich themselves.
LISTEN:
Eggers remarked on the mutual financial benefit between Democrat control of Congress and the White House and the marijuana industry. He said, “The marijuana industry is saying, ‘Hey now that the Democrats are in charge, we stand to do very well.’ The reality is as we’ve uncovered in this report is that actually Democrats do really well as a result of the marijuana industry itself.”
Eggers recalled a Politico report highlighting expectations of a financial windfall within the marijuana industry resulting from Democrat congressional majorities and a Democrat president.
Designation of marijuana dispensaries as “essential” across dozens of states amid assorted shutdown and stay-at-home decrees may be a function of the $21 billion cannabis industry’s lobbying efforts, Eggers speculated.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...iticians-use-marijuana-legalization-get-rich/

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
And you can bet your azz that those politicians who will profit from commercial grows will put the clampdown on home growers. Maybe get your stuff while it is available, and before all the $1400 checks buys it all up, and no more is coming from china. I did. :D

Speaking or $1400 checks, that adds up to only $0.4 trillion. Where is the other $1.5 Trillion of biden/pelosi/shoomer dollars going? City and state coffers, to pay pensions, that's where.

Latest posts

Latest posts