What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lack of Nitrogen, Iron or something else? Pictures

superhaze420

Hi guys,

Can you help me with this problem? I've had the same problem for weeks and it never gets solved.

The leaves turn yellow, the nerves turn green (not a deep green). This happens to all my plants and I don't know why.

Seed plants + cuttings, hydae and hybrids.

Growing (18/6). Maximum temperature 25º (centigrade), minimum temperature 18º.

Moisture 60% - 65%.

Light: Quantum Board Led 240w

Substrate: coconut fibre

Fertilizers:
Canna Coco A + Canna Coco B + rhizotonic + canna enzymes. I use the nutrient levels indicated by canna (canna online calculator).

PH: I adjust the PH for coconut, to 5.9 - 6.0

Photos:

09d049c271d7aa0c58b045f47ee27176o.jpg

9c2a1ef127c2d9d89ed40baa38bd7a4bo.jpg

ad9516bfb2a840b79072a934793b6211o.jpg

Comments: Looks like a nitrogen deficiency, no deep green. The leaves are yellow... they lose intensity. But I use high quality fertilizers, in indicated doses. I have years of experience growing, I always use coconut and canna, I never had problems. I'm really confused, I don't know what's going on here.

My theory is that maybe the light is very powerful (last generation quantum board led) and the plant consumes a lot of nutrients. But I don't know if this is so, if the symptoms of excess light are these.

I appreciate all the help.

Smoking Gun

My guess would actually be a lack of magnesium. However your lower leaves look darker than the upper leaves and that leads me to believe you are seeing a lack of calcium, particularly because you are in coco. It could be a deficiency in both.

imakandi

Hi guys,

Can you help me with this problem? I've had the same problem for weeks and it never gets solved.

The leaves turn yellow, the nerves turn green (not a deep green). This happens to all my plants and I don't know why.

Moisture 60% - 65%.

Fertilizers:
Canna Coco A + Canna Coco B + rhizotonic + canna enzymes. I use the nutrient levels indicated by canna (canna online calculator).

Photos:

View Image

View Image

View Image

Comments: Looks like a nitrogen deficiency, no deep green. The leaves are yellow... they lose intensity. But I use high quality fertilizers, in indicated doses. I have years of experience growing, I always use coconut and canna, I never had problems. I'm really confused, I don't know what's going on here.

My theory is that maybe the light is very powerful (last generation quantum board led) and the plant consumes a lot of nutrients. But I don't know if this is so, if the symptoms of excess light are these.

hello
read your story

think is
Mg problem

pH wrong
ph device is malfunktion
look like plant with pH 8-9

try use canna a+b only
no other thyng

can bet phdown
is shaking every thyng

camg deficency no exist
is ca deficency
or mg deficency
no together

best luck
:huggg:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hi guys,

Moisture 60% - 65%.

Fertilizers:

Photos:

View Image

View Image

View Image

- It's a mobile nutrient defiency

NPK or Mg.

- Leave edge damage suggest K deficiency/lockout

- the pale color could be mildew blocking photosynthesis

- the official nutrient strength is usually high

I would start with a long slow flush at 0.2 EC nutrient solution.
Then move on to 0.4 EC of a hig P/K nutrient solution and 0.1 EC of epsom salt (MgSO4). P stimulates/feeds root growth and K strengthens the stem and branches.

This will stimulate root growth, which will also allow for the use of lower nutrient concentrations.

Also, the size of the containers - the rule of thumb is 1 gallon per 1 foot of expected growth.

KingCobra66

lockout you can see it in the second picture 1st plant on the left no doubt about it flush it see what happens bet it helps a lot:)

SamsonsRiddle

How often are you watering? I can see the edges of your coco is dry, which is shouldn't be unless you are just starting to root it.

Rodehazrd

I ran the same clones in same soil under led and HPS. Led had a mag deficiency HPS did not. I believe led causes more uptake of nutes IMHO.

Lyfespan

I ran the same clones in same soil under led and HPS. Led had a mag deficiency HPS did not. I believe led causes more uptake of nutes IMHO.

i have noticed the same thing with burple leds over fluros, different uptake rates.

6.4-6.8 for coco btw:tiphat:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
OP, how much distance do you have between your plants and the 240w LED? Too close to LED's will definitely make the plant become chlorotic, appear to have nutritional deficiencies, and slow growth. I notice this often when I let my plants get too close to LED lights or any lights for that matter. Doubling the distance or greater leads to the plants returning to healthy shades of green within a week with improved vigor almost every time.

Granger2

Veteran
I think you may need Sulfur. I'm not saying you don't need Fe, Mg, or other things. Feed them with a Sulfate, or a mixture of sulfates such as Earth Juice Microblast. Gypsum is CaSO4. Use your judgement. Good luck. -granger