What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2018

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Mango Mulch is good stuff, Its based out of Sonoma County, Sonoma. Im sure they would haul that much up your way. Im going with straw again, and did a top layer of mango mulch and worm gold plus before putting down straw. Mango Mulch has organic horse and cow manure, grape pomace, rice hulls, greensand, and soft rock phosphate.

I know its available at Grab n Grow in Santa Rosa, but i believe its made in Sonoma CA

caliprop215

Veteran
we get way crazier than that...

Like what?that was pretty good .......... Making weed angels??? Or putting a giant donkey dick cola in ur pants and goto the bar to meet the ladies? Lol! Then when u get home ....whip it out and and say wanna try the tip....lol

Hmmm what else can i think of......

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good idea using white clover as living mulch, you're keeping the area watered anyway. Legumes are free nitrogen for the soil! Looking forward to the next update. Anything else to say about the purple stem plant? :smoke:

little-soldier

All this legume talking reminds me of an article I read a while back ago...
There he goes again..
Apparently a group of researchers found that a crop grown next to legumes will harvest 30% more. It could be why my plants grown in cornfields has been so much more compact/heavy than anything else I have ever grown.I tried dirt,promix,hempy,coco,rockwool,aeroponics. drain to waste,drippers,flood and drain. My deep water culture was a total disaster lol so cant say I tried that one. Maybe Im just a shitty grower LOL
Anyways nothing matched in terms of compactness/weight compared to my plants in the cornfield. I too thought that weight had something to do with genetics but I think its way more complicated than that. Maybe Shcrews can give his thoughts when the numbers comes in. Remember your 2016 harvest Shcrews when you said your plants looked bigger than the year before but the weight just wasnt there. I doubt it was a scale issue.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I want to use the clover aswell . Where did you order yours ?
got it from buildasoil, i think they have a sale on white clover until the 25th.

Good idea using white clover as living mulch, you're keeping the area watered anyway. Legumes are free nitrogen for the soil! Looking forward to the next update. Anything else to say about the purple stem plant? :smoke:
I like the way it looks better than any other mulch, and with living mulch i dont have to worry about bringing in outside stuff, plus like you said clover is good for the soil.

The purple-stem AOG f2 is our biggest plant , she is shooting past the 7-foot cage already. To see a plant grow 5 ft in a month is impressive, and she is not just tall... her energy is incredible, you can feel it when you are in her presence. She is similar to the male that we used to make our 2017 crosses (purple sprite & direwolf). On that note, we have several Purple Sprites which are also purple-stemmed and have similar structure to the purple-stem Ancient OG. They are quite beautiful as well, and growing as one would expect.

purple-stem AOG f2:
CiYKswsl.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Spring came and went and the heat of summer is now upon us, cooking us like roaches in a housefire as we scurry up and down the hill tending to the various needs of these, the most noble of plants. At this moment our garden is in near-perfect health from top to bottom. The seed starts have settled into their new home and are now starting to take root in the earth, tracking the sun everyday from dawn to sundown. They are well-fed and watered, with topdressing, root-drenches, and foliar sprays. Predatory mites applied monthly to combat russets/broads. My motto this season is BE PROACTIVE .. why fuck around?

Ancient OG f3:
xMQsgmJl.jpg

Direwolf:
xGnZPjIl.jpg

Snow Leopard (bodhi seeds):
Ek7dyGWl.jpg

Triangle Kush x Leeroy (rare dankness):
OUxqZpOl.jpg

upper plot:
fGxVtKCl.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Native Soil Strains..

Native Soil Strains..

Purple Sprite:
PXGekoLl.jpg

lbrhOyQl.jpg

Sprite:
2MLsBOol.jpg

Rebel Blue Dream (ganja rebel seeds)
this one is huge!
lMEswqfl.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
The plants in the mounds are already growing well through their cages. We have pruned them once so far, and it looks like they could use more soon.

It's been 90-100 degrees the last few days, the mounds are drying out fast in the sun with no mulch. A sprinkler system would be helpful to keep the top layer of soil moist but all we have are drip emitters so it' a constant game of keeping enough moisture on the surface without overwatering underneath. Smaller, more frequent waterings work better under these circumstances so they are getting drip daily, about 40 gallons each. ...Next year we will mulch the mounds much earlier, probably right when they get plugged.

Native Soil plot is doing great, maybe a bit hungry but that's to be expected considering how little food we have given them. At least we are pruning them this year! They look good though, tremendous even, just not as good as the mounds. I really like the native soil direct-in-ground approach. It's so simple and cheap and easy. Having strong starts is pretty crucial though... we tried planting a few clones from dark-heart directly in the ground and they have been stalled out for a month now.

Everything is pretty much cruising along. foliar spray 2x per week, rootdrench 1x per week, topdress 1x per month, prune, and trellis.... that should get us through to harvest as long as mother nature doesn't throw us a curveball. I'm looking forward to summer, our property is cleaner and better than ever and everything is getting slowly dialed in.

Ancient OG f3:
sD1Dw4Al.jpg

GC7UXmJl.jpg

purple-stem Ancient OG f2:
utycDdAl.jpg

Purple Sprite:
nT0MhQvl.jpg

Kaya's Dream (south fork seeds)
ZZkKeaFl.jpg

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I can't wait to see what that TK x Leeroy comes out like. Especially seeing how your outdoor could pass as indoor in my neck of the woods. I bet that var has extreme potential for concentrates.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
The energy coming off your garden is amazing this year. Reminds of when the waves are firing down at the local spot!! Chewwww! Looking clean and dialed :D

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
I have been waiting for this thread. It was a pleasure watching your work last year and very inspiring thank you for that. Good luck this year it looks like you are off to a fantastic start. Did I mention the views, it is absolutely beautiful where you are.

Latest posts

Latest posts