What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finally, an Electric Grinder for Larger Quantities

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I smoke about 15 to 20 joints a day so grinding is a big part of my day. I have arthritis from head to toe so working my wrists and hands like that is a nightmare. Standard grinders take forever to grind enough. Most electric grinders I bought went directly into the trash (except the Chewy 2 which is a great grinder for smaller quantities).

Albeit, I am cutting back on joints (love my VapCap) but grinding a lot of pot is always going to be a part of my day as long as I continue to consume 5 or 6 pounds a year.

So, I did a little experimenting and I found that a standard Salad Shooter with the grating cone works awesome for grinding any where from about an eighth to over an ounce at one time.

I am thrilled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxdDZy03fRM&feature=youtu.be

[youtubeif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxdDZy03fRM&feature=youtu.be[/youtubeif]

starke

I use a small Krup spice grinder and it works well but there is a learning curve based on how dry the bud is. Overly dry bud will turn to powder in a hurry with those little blades turning at about 5K rpm. I'm digging the salad shooter idea as it spins much more slowly. Going to have to get one and give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I don't like anything that moves fast. It breaks open the trichs and beats the flavor to death. This salad shooter rotates slowly and "Grates" the pot rather than spin grinding it.

I'm thrilled with how well this works.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I wonder if a coffee or a spice grinder would work?

Those 'helicopter' style grinders are great for making powder out of dry material but do poorly with oily or wet ingredients.
I use them with poppy pods and coffee and put them together in the filter. The acid in the coffee does fine extracting work with the pod powder.

The salad shooter looks to be a winner. Currently hand rubbing the buds though a mesh screen sized for pipe sized pieces. A large mesh for joints, but not smoking joints at this time so the smaller mesh is used.
I am assuming various size grater cones are available for the shooter. Some one needs to put a marijuana logo on the box and sell these in head shops.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
The base model I bought comes with 2 cones (blades). A single blade style and a grater. The vid is the grater cone.

The professional model comes with a number of different cones and is on my purchase list.

I have been using this thing all week and it works great. After all these years of searching for a power grinder it was sitting at WalMart the entire time. LOL