What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

want to choose a led grow light

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Wow dude, no need to go away mad. I did look all over ICMAG for a thread trashing Viparspectra, and guess what? I didn't find any.
So my recommendation stands, and anybody reading this can search under viparspectra and decide for themselves.

THC123

Veteran
You are a selective reader then you invertebrate stoner :) I agree with 420 and I am not the only one.

TheBlaze

I've seen a few Fluence lights in action. (spydrx plus and vyprx plus) They are impressive, but hella expensive. For the price, I would rather just stick to my Gavitas. Still... I have my eye on that vyprx plus.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Check out Fluence. I bought a SpydrxPlus in Jan. this year. They are expensive at $1500. It replaced a 1KW HPS. I have a perpetual harvest going for the past 16 years. I cut one plant a week. My plants and buds have never been better than under the Spydr. Room temperature has dropped and electric bill has decreased while bud weight has increased.
I ordered a second one for the veg room. I'm waiting for the ship notice.

THC123

Veteran
Well, I don't see anybody agreeing with you, but I do see a couple people agreeing with me. I've personally had GREAT results

This is the thing I was replying to. Anyhow it doesn't matter, Viparspectra is a good low to mid end - lamp for people that don't want to spend a lot of money.

I am selling my 4 viparspectras after my current grow as I am totally and deeply unsatisfied with coverage and total power consumption!! The results however, are great meaning healthy plants that grow fast.

I am going to look for ONE led lamp that can truly replace a 600 Watt which simply is not the case with viparspectra. One lamp or maximum 2 to cover my 5x5 is what I need (with same total power consumption as HPS)

Bazzo

If they only consume 200 watts then there is no way they will compare to a 400-watt hps! Viperspectra are talking shit imo , i would put money on a 250-watt hps out yielding one but each to their own.:)

Hi guys.. absolute newbie to the forum here so don't wanna upset anyone, But....

I have been using and testing the Meizhi LEDS against HPS and I gotta be honest, the LEDS have blown away the HPS.
Ive compared 600w HPS against a 2 x 200/275w LED.. the 600 did ok but the LEDs produced much better growth both in veg (200w) and flower (275w)
Plants under LED grew much thicker stems, more bud sites and ultimately bigger more solid buds.
I took a fair bit of stick on another forum saying my methods were at fault, so soon I'm doing 2 identical tents, one with a 600w HPS and the other with 2 x LEDS (1x Meizhi and 1 x Spider farmer)
Both will have the same clones, both will share nutrient tank so I think it will be a good comparison.
Last grow I got over 1.3gpw average across 40 plants.

On top of that I live in Spain, gets pretty hot so the advantage of the cooler running LEDS was a big factor, and I live off grid on solar so the watts from the wall was also a massive factor.
The 2 LEDS cover a bigger area than 1 HPS as well.

I have some pics of a tray of plants (10) 5 of which were under HPS and 5 under LED and the difference is clearly visible even in veg.

Hi guys.. absolute newbie to the forum here so don't wanna upset anyone, But....

I have been using and testing the Meizhi LEDS against HPS and I gotta be honest, the LEDS have blown away the HPS.
I did some research and it seems like ICMAG has a small tribe of new members posing as genuine growers and all coincidentally praising an LED brand called Meizhi. Their first mention of Meizhi was only three days ago but they are off to a flying start lol.

Ugrower - One thread and 5 posts all promoting Meizhi
Zombiefarmer - One thread and 4 posts all promoting Meizhi
Louisjr - One thread and 3 posts all promoting Meizhi
Greenpip - One thread and 12 posts all promoting Meizhi
JohnBlazed - One thread and 1 post promoting Meizhi
eeei - Two posts promoting Meizhi
Bazzo - One post promoting Meizhi

I may have missed some. I don't care how good these lights are, I wouldn't buy them on principle because of these deceptive marketing practices.

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Eh, I don't have a dog in this fight but the first mention of Meizhi on icmag was in November 2016. The second mention was in 2017. There definitely are a bunch more posts lately though, all with accounts very young, like you said. I'd take anything I read on the internet with a grain of salt though.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Honestly Meizhi are the bomb.

One of their reps washed my car the other day..

I mean that is service!!

Buy Meizhi buy Meizhi buy Meizhi!

Seriously though chinese manufacturers sell the good quality products to the businesses in the west that can design something we will pay a lot for in the west, so everyone can make more money, hence HLG or advanced LED but the lower end stuff goes in the cheap stuff. With very few exceptions you get what you pay for.

nksv

I am trying out the Mars 300. Only due to not having much $ and I did come across quite a few positive reviews. I did a micro sog with it - running some sativas I made, haze/zamaldelica, coming out of 2l milk bottles 12/12 from seed and they came out quite good. I am now running them in combo with some LEDs a mate made - for ghetto micro set ups these are great for power consumption and seem to do a good job. I'll keep them going for a bit and see how they perform next to the DIY LEDs.

nksv

yeah, it's fun man. I just put in some crosses I made Zamaldelica/Apollo 11 and Zamaldelica/Panama. This time they are going in as 2 seeds per 4L old vegetable oil containers. Pretty much 12/12 right away. I really am seeing how far I can take it in a pretty small set up. So far so good though. The genetics are tough and resilient. But I always make sure my soil is top notch and full of party microbes. If I get a hermie they are culled but that's happened only once or twice and that was due to me really pushing the plants too far.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but just to report in. Those Cheap King LEDs are really cool but just not powerful enough for flowering. Had a fairly disappointing yield with them. But I'm using them as supplemental lighting and they're still really cool. I'm excited to see what effect they have when used in conjunction with HPS lights.