What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone using essential oil? eg limonene

Pwyll

or pinene or any of the other terpenes already present in cannabis? The terpenes affect the high, so can adding extra do the same?

I tried adding a couple of drops of organic essential lemon on a cotton wool ball to 5g of good organic flower in a 3oz jar. So far all indicators suggest further research.

Cvh

Supermod
Hi Pwyll.
Our very own Sam The Skunkman did some extensive research on terpenes and also the adding of (synthetic) terpenes to change/influence the high.
Please read the following thread for some more info.
Synthetic Cannabinoids and Terpenes
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=183674

Also there are some companies popping up which sell terpene solutions/extracts to add to bud, dab, e-juice,...to boost the quality of the end product.
Google 'buy cannabis terpenes'.

Last edited:

hellfire

Besides smoking terpenes with cannabis but still on topic is anyone watering them directly into their soil?

I have seen a few products on the market, mostly synthetic but some that claim to be organic.

Absolem

Grapes have some of the same terpenes in them as cannabis. I'm quite sure a multi billion dollar industry like wine would have been dumping unused grapes on their vineyards years ago if it was found to add more "terpenes" to the wine. The wine industry has done extensive research on terpenes.
Too bad it wasn't as simple as loading apple orchard fields with unused oranges for a better flavor or vice versa.

Study on wine Terpenes
http://bib.irb.hr/datoteka/346817.1873-Radeka-12.pdf

B

bigganjabud

Just use terpinator (my green planet terpines enhancer proved and rated) or I believe nirvana if it has to be organic (really hate to recommend advanced)

Pwyll

Grapes have some of the same terpenes in them as cannabis. I'm quite sure a multi billion dollar industry like wine would have been dumping unused grapes on their vineyards years ago if it was found to add more "terpenes" to the wine. The wine industry has done extensive research on terpenes.
Too bad it wasn't as simple as loading apple orchard fields with unused oranges for a better flavor or vice versa.

Study on wine Terpenes
http://bib.irb.hr/datoteka/346817.1873-Radeka-12.pdf

Is anyone suggesting that terpenes in wine alter the effect? cannabis is now a multi billion dollar industry.

Last edited:

Pwyll

Undeniably essential oils affect smell and taste in a fairly predictable manner.

Do they affect the high in a way similar to mangoes, lemon grass et

I wish i could figure out whats in certain flowers i get that are heavy on me but not others! Og kush dont really hit me as hard as say a heavy well grown skunk strain. Im trying to learn, i live in an area where "legal" means monoplizing the area. This is just bullshit to me! I want options! I also want a guide and tutiledge from a sage mind that does not misinform to get their kicks. Not insinuating anything directly at anyone in the thread. Just trying to explain my current mindset. Right or wrong.

Pwyll

mushulatubbee;795549. i live in an area where "legal" means monoplizing the area. This is just bullshit to me! .[/QUOTE said:
What do you mean? That only licensed outlets can grow?

Absolem

Is anyone suggesting that terpenes in wine alter the effect?

No one was suggesting that. I used the wine industry as an example because they deal with some of the same terperens we do in cannabis. They have a lot to offer the cannabis industry in respect to terperne profiles and testing.

I would pay good money to see somebody from the cannabis industry take a bottle of "Terpinator" to a plant scientist working on a vineyard and try explaining to the plant scientist how this product will "increase" terperens in grapes for wine. They would laugh at us.

If people can see the commonalities we have with other growers outside of the cannabis community then we can learn from them as well.

Pwyll

cannabis folks have great imaginations. I doubt any coffee drinker has considered watering coffee beans with steamed milk to get a better latte

But get really high and then think about it. It just might work.

I see nothing outlandish about products designed to enhance flavor or smell. Growers have been using molasses for millennia for just that purpose.

The problem here is that we know that the smell and taste of weed have a significant impact on the subjective experience of the high

Last edited:

Absolem

The reason molasses works as a flavor enhancer is the molasses feeds the microbes and they release sulfur for the plant to use. Giving better flavor. Plants cannot process sugar/molasses through their roots.

More

More

What do you mean? That only licensed outlets can grow?

Well more of a 75 mile area or drive before you can find access to the ONE alternative thats run by a greedy owner. Id like to try other folks forms of potent medicine ......not just his. In my area if your not home growing your smoking so-so most times ive found. Then again they ask 1100.00 for a one bedroom apt here! I'm really jealous of mmj patients who can have well run collectives help them. My state is " heads up asses" mindsets!

Pwyll

even in Colorado, outside of a few high end dispensaries finding primo weed is tough, let alone organic.The problem is that for most weed is seen as a commodity. People will pay double or triple the price for a micro-brew, premium wine etc, but weed not so much. You won't find an outlet that has regular weed for $200 and primo for $600 anywhere in the state. And think about it - why would anyone grow organically using long-flowering low yield strains if they have to settle forless than half the profit per light. Growing your own is the best solution

Pwyll

Having said that most all of the weed is pretty darn good these days

Just like when choosing between bud Miller and colors seemed like a real treat

Drewsif

Take it a step back. You need whatever causes the oils, not the oils themselves.

Hydro growers are using essential oils. Have you ever tasted essential oils? My favorite smokes have tasted like cedar. Cedar resin itself does not taste like cedar. Most essential oils taste awful. But I've had extremely loud weed (one gram smell it next door) that tasted exactly how it smelled.

So how does bud taste like cedar, if none of the terpenes in Cedar/Juniper produce a taste? Ive ran through them all.

Answer: Terps are nothing. Tannins phenols, flavinoids, cannabinoids. It all matters. You'll get nothing but referred to as a strain faker if you dose your bud in essential oils.

Theirs only talk of thc and terpenes because that's what Phillips Morris andfriends will produce. Thc mixed with fake smells. The market for that crap is set up by every article written on the subject of pot. Its all about lowering expectations. The last 12 bags of weed i purchased from dispensaries was artificial scented. It taste horrible.

Drewsif

The reason molasses works as a flavor enhancer is the molasses feeds the microbes and they release sulfur for the plant to use. Giving better flavor. Plants cannot process sugar/molasses through their roots.

Liar and deceiver.

You can visually see the sugars leaking out of buds. And taste them. ID the sweetener by brand.

Hydro growers, the gullible target market for scented sweeteners, don't even have micro life. You are soaking your buds in sugar water through the root. Simple sugars and plant esters from scrap produce (skins and peels, and byproduct sugars that ruin lungs real quick)

The sugar is soaked up and adds its weight. Stop spreading big mike science. It makes buds color change, it swells calyxes. It is makeup. Hair product. Nothing but contaminant. To make premie buds seem mature to novices.

Op didn't even mention sugars you shill.

Drewsif

cannabis folks have great imaginations. I doubt any coffee drinker has considered watering coffee beans with steamed milk to get a better latte

But get really high and then think about it. It just might work.

I see nothing outlandish about products designed to enhance flavor or smell. Growers have been using molasses for millennia for just that purpose.

The problem here is that we know that the smell and taste of weed have a significant impact on the subjective experience of the high

No, Cannabis growers are severely behind because of corporate lies from gorilla marketers and patent hounds posing as compassionate cannabis fanatics.

Do you know where lemon flavored olive oil comes from? The trees with lemons in their soil...

Enough is enough. All the nonsense and grow store salesman science has got to end. "Environmental effects" are everything. Cannabis is a freakin sponge. Microbes make terpenes.. Bacteria shit. Some prebiotics smell like straight dank. Coincidence?

Why do the pine trees back home smell like lemon kush but in new Mexico they smell like hospital and cheesy cat turds? Just stop and think about what your not learning by listening to big wheel mike and monseinor sam under 200 different aliases.

Pwyll

I am not interested really in impacting flavor or smell. Rather changing the high. Like they say mango, lemongrass etc can do

Latest posts

Latest posts