What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Round Infinity

G

Yeah, any additional info on those paper bags you speak of?

Lawn/Leaf bags....3 ft x 1 ft sq. Don't recall the price, very reasonable though. Double wall thickness

picture.php

G

i hang to dry trim, then dry trim when buds are still gooey inside but crisp outside, THEN i go into the brown paper bags for a day or 2, THEN into turkeybags and/or 5gallon buckets

my flo and flo crosses were incredibly colorful upon maturity.... i figured yours got it from the flo, but i've never grown flo from seed.
very cool you got some of those DP DJ seeds, keif.

Yeah, it's a tough call on the drying times, seems to be different from strain to strain. I've grown PCK that dries so quick they'll turn to dust if you don't monitor close, then others seem to take forever. I like to do the hygrometer in the jar method for the final step, although I know that other methods can work just as well.

I think DP's version resulted from selections that they thought would avoid the mutant leaf growth and their version was more sativa and little color, very little in mine. They must have been successful in breeding away from the mutants, I've never seen any in mine after growing dozens. Every plant from that original pk made a few beans, kept popping these S1s until I got a nice male and made F2s. Wish I'd had more grow experience with the original Pk in 03-04 when I grew the F1s, there were a couple I should have kept.

G

picture.php
Brown bag special Keif? It's in the bag. :D

Yeah, trying to lose a few pounds, just taking a sandwich for lunch. :)

The bags work great. I was wondering at first if they might be too thick and hold moisture, but no problem. Only complaint is the info at the top left, printed in green that states: 'SELF STANDING-SELF OPENING'......none of my 5 bags did either one. :biggrin:

G

have you guys tried the freezer cure method?

it just occurred to me that it might be a good solution for that dry colorado climate.

Heard of it but never tried. Just read the first few pages of the link and sounds interesting, may give it try with some of my newly chopped. I would probably have to add a freezer in my garage if I like it, space is scarce in my freezer.

thanks

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
ya i got booted from my fridges freezer haha but i got a chance to get quite a bit of different stuff cured up that way first. it all came out really excellent. it's definitely worth throwing a zip or two in to see how you like it.

i've been looking for a stand alone to put in the garden but i can't find one with auto defrost that's not either huge or crazy expensive. i really want a tall minifridge size, but i have a strong feeling that auto-defrost function is key to the process.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Hey Avi,

A couple of pics of my Flo cross just minutes before the chop. Probably the largest plant I've ever grown and the most trouble free, for sure. This was a cut I took from a plant of my last grow that looked promising and I think is much better than the mom. I think she's at about 65 days and could go longer but I need the room, so she's coming down. I took some sample buds last week and dried for a few days, rolled up a fatty early yesterday morning and was fried til noon from just a few hits. I'm hoping it will calm down a little with some cure. Very potent for me and I smoke often.

Original Flo x (O haze x Skunk #1)

I grew some of Sam's freebies a few years back and got a male that had great structure and lots of color. Made F2s with that boy and crossed to a nice Flo mom I had at the time. This is from seed using that male.

Very nice! It's always interesting to get colors other than green fading to yellow. As you say, a good cure should mellow the effect somewhat.

Can you give us any insight about growing Sam's Sk/Hz? What was your experience?

G

I love this dry Colorado air. I'm from the South and I never missed the humidity....EVER.

Me too! Moved here almost 18 yrs ago from the steamy South and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Never tried to grow indoors or out back there, can't imagine how hard it would be to grow stinky plants in high humidity without everyone for blocks around knowing. I know the RH here in my flower room is seldom as high as it should be for ideal conditions, but I'll take it any day over trying to grow in 95f and 85% rh. Aside from growing, it just feels great and I realize how much every time I go back there, especially in the summer.

G

Very nice! It's always interesting to get colors other than green fading to yellow. As you say, a good cure should mellow the effect somewhat.

Can you give us any insight about growing Sam's Sk/Hz? What was your experience?

Hey Jhhnn, haven't grown any of my F2s for a couple of yrs. but was always happy with results and left wondering why this strain isn't talked up and grown more. I think because it's often given away as freebies, it gives the impression that it's 2nd rate. Not true at all, very high quality IMO, easy to grow and finishes fairly early, given the amount of sativa. Probably the lowest odor from any strain I've grown, but still finishes with an old school smell that takes me back to an earlier time. Very stable growth pattern, works best for me topped once at 7-8 node, ends up between 2-3 ft bush. Appearance wise, reminds me a bit of Satori, though very different smoke. Has a nice sunny day happy high with hardly any edgy feel. Great day time smoke. Makes me want to start some just talking about it!

Jhhnn

Veteran
Hey Jhhnn, haven't grown any of my F2s for a couple of yrs. but was always happy with results and left wondering why this strain isn't talked up and grown more. I think because it's often given away as freebies, it gives the impression that it's 2nd rate. Not true at all, very high quality IMO, easy to grow and finishes fairly early, given the amount of sativa. Probably the lowest odor from any strain I've grown, but still finishes with an old school smell that takes me back to an earlier time. Very stable growth pattern, works best for me topped once at 7-8 node, ends up between 2-3 ft bush. Appearance wise, reminds me a bit of Satori, though very different smoke. Has a nice sunny day happy high with hardly any edgy feel. Great day time smoke. Makes me want to start some just talking about it!

Thanks for that. I've been searching for a really good daytime smoke. Of what I've grown, Nirvana's Royal Flush suits me the best in that regard. So I set out to explore the lineage, grew their Eldorado which is a lot more towards the stoney/spacey side of things than I'd anticipated. Don't get me wrong- it's damned fine weed, just not what I thought it would be. More than a little bit makes me completely scatter-brained. I want more of a lucid daydream effect.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
way long overdue update: cut the tents, have re-filled and flippd them

harvest is decent, apparently the Lime Cookies Bubba Hermied and pollinated some of the plants; plucking seeds off the very outsides of some of these plants as we trim

new tents are mostly 1 plant per 25 gallons of soil (6 of those) plus 4 smart pots with 3plants each in them - one with 3 KSB (khalisi x sour bubble), one with the purple turning strains (sg1, flo, and ogkb2.0) one with glue strains (glue and gb), and one with a mix of leftover plants in it.

been spraying like mad to ensure no bugs.... mostly essential oils alternating with foliar feeds (kelp, alfalfa, aloe, silica, calphos)
only seen a few spider mites in veg, which should be dead now after a week or more of treatments, bloom tent looks all clean. only bugs im seeing that bother me are the fungus gnats / RA's. pretty sure it's 90% fungus gnats.... can't see any red-assed RA babies inthe soil, have inspected the flyers and they all look like gnats not RA's....

also mixed up a 5 gallon batch of lacto and a new batch of bokashi with special ingredients - mostlly cannabis water leaves plus some rock dusts, flax meal, oyster shell, kelp, alfalfa, sugars, em1, quantum products. also have a kitchen scraps batch of fermented plant extract working - keeping them in a bloom tent to get nice and warm when lites are on.

finally got the canon replaced, upgrade from t21 to a t5, will have some pics to share soon.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
now wheres that isolation comin along? My vagrant Sour Bubble might could use a home...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
now wheres that isolation comin along? My vagrant Sour Bubble might could use a home...

still ice cold out there, i've been having issues with deciding how to run the power out from house to barn.
now i'm looking to relocate sooner than later, and wondering if i should even bother running 220 power out there at all. i have an extra space in the house i can isolate in, still looking for a stud, probably get one or two from the seeds i just popped...

What's your plan of attack with the FG & RA?

been fucking them up with leftover sns 209 (rosemary oil & rosemary extract). topcoating heavily with bokashi seemed to keep them from penetrating the soil surface.
got some DE i will topdress with also after watering heavily
i tried bagging up some 1 gallon plants in grocery bags, that knocked them back.been feeding copious amounts of BTI in different forms

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran

harvest is decent, apparently the Lime Cookies Bubba Hermied and pollinated some of the plants; plucking seeds off the very outsides of some of these plants as we trim

new tents are mostly 1 plant per 25 gallons of soil (6 of those) plus 4 smart pots with 3plants each in them - one with 3 KSB (khalisi x sour bubble), one with the purple turning strains (sg1, flo, and ogkb2.0) one with glue strains (glue and gb), and one with a mix of leftover plants in it.

been spraying like mad to ensure no bugs.... mostly essential oils alternating with foliar feeds (kelp, alfalfa, aloe, silica, calphos)
only seen a few spider mites in veg, which should be dead now after a week or more of treatments, bloom tent looks all clean. only bugs im seeing that bother me are the fungus gnats / RA's. pretty sure it's 90% fungus gnats.... can't see any red-assed RA babies inthe soil, have inspected the flyers and they all look like gnats not RA's....

also mixed up a 5 gallon batch of lacto and a new batch of bokashi with special ingredients - mostlly cannabis water leaves plus some rock dusts, flax meal, oyster shell, kelp, alfalfa, sugars, em1, quantum products. also have a kitchen scraps batch of fermented plant extract working - keeping them in a bloom tent to get nice and warm when lites are on.

finally got the canon replaced, upgrade from t21 to a t5, will have some pics to share soon.

Congrats on the harvest, sorry to hear about the herm issues though.

Isolation chamber or whole room? I need to get on that chamber. I got that LHB x Wookie male that's getting bigger and bigger...

Coba

Veteran

grinding!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
grinding!
always

been transplanting the seedling teens from 1 gallon pots to 3 and 4 gallon pots, all have been topped at least one time, none have shown sex yet tho, some just starting a-symmetrical growth.

in the bloom tents:
picture.php

net has been down on this tent since beginning of flowering
"ground pounder purps" plant in the back center of this pic, mixed plants in 2large pots in the front

picture.php

^ Silver Grapefruit pheno Minion City Diesel all bushy and stinky like white grapefruit

picture.php

^^ Same silver grapefruit plant in the front poking up thru the net, immediately after i put the net down, after 2 weeks of flowering, should have got it down earlier, just been busy. better late than never, im thinking.

in response to my Fungus Gnat problem... after transplanting today i saw that many of those plants were in a mix that had WAY too much
compost in it, probably was retaining way too much water providing a good habitat for the lil fuckers.
i'm thinking this dry-out i've allowed them prior to transplant AND the transplant into a properly aerated soil is going to not only help the plants bigtime but also provide a less hospitable environment in the soil for fucking fungus gnats./RA's '

as you can see in the bloom pictures i have cut black plastic trash bags and loosely put them over the soil to stop fungus gnats from getting in and out of the soil.
also I've been spraying essential oils, and i like how when i spray heavily small pools form on the plastic of the foliar spray and gnats love to die in those little puddles.